Ref Watch SAFC V OUFC LEAGUE 1 2/4/2021 Trevor Kettle

How did todays referee fare

Votes: 12 14.6%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 57 69.5%

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Check the rules. Ref blows for free kick, and team plays quick. Does not matter a jot if a player is down, unless a head injury. If it was serious you would expect the ref to hold up play and get player attention, but your player was clearly not seriously injured. Perhaps you need pussycat eyes to see that.
Ok - so why did he call it back earlier in the game when exactly the same thing happened??

I did look at this again and realised he went back down before the kick was taken, but not much too wrong IMHO, which you regard as worthless, and certainly doesn't justify the anguish and gnasing of teeth by some. It was a quick free kick, ffs
Taken from 5 yards away from the correct place when ALL afternoon anything close to the box he has stopped marked and then restarted from the correct place when the opposition are set which if taken from the correct place would’ve happened.as per the pictures.

I think Kettle probably thought Brannagan was trying it on. Player gives away a foul then goes down with an apparent injury to try and delay the free kick.

I don’t think anyone has doubted the second yellow for Sykes so once you are down to ten men we are always going to struggle.

As for the petition , well it’s a bit tinpot isn’t it.

I think Kettle probably thought Brannagan was trying it on. Player gives away a foul then goes down with an apparent injury to try and delay the free kick.

I don’t think anyone has doubted the second yellow for Sykes so once you are down to ten men we are always going to struggle.

As for the petition , well it’s a bit tinpot isn’t it.
The free kick should’ve still been taken from the correct place though.

The refs in this league are not good, and I laugh at Premier league fans complaining about VAR. If only we had it in L1.
However, I have a different perspective from the match, as you would expect.
I watched it with @Bodminyellow (Teams) and a few others and the Oxford boys were muttering on about about the possibility of Sykes getting sent off after his booking, and I also thought he would get sent off, which he did. There was a reckless air about him. I like Karl Robinson but he was a nob yesterday and if he had not had his head up his a**e he would have had the sense to sub Sykes. You do have five subs ffs. KR and his staff were very uncool yesterday. LJ kept out of it.
As for the free kick, it was a bad challenge and there were quite a few in the game. A feisty affair and as usual a tricky game. We took a quick free kick which was clever. The defender did not have a head injury, so no problem, and if you watch he was getting up then saw we had taken free kick and went down again. He was trying to cheat and let his team down, not the ref.
Ref wasn't great mind, but did nothing wrong there. Your problems were closer to home. What had KR been taking? Embarrassing.
Good luck with test of season and hopefully we don't play you again.
One if your fellow supporters had a very different view if you read Paul Bs thread.
If Stevens was head butted, plus Powers celebration and comments after the game. I would be pretty embarrassed about that.

Back
Top Bottom