Sack him!

Leysboy

We must get rid, there are no indications of improvement with him at the helm. It’s poor performances after another, and every now and then we sneak a win. It might just be enough to earn 15th in a league we should be doing much better in.

With this man in charge we will move backwards, rather than forwards.

Darryl it’s your show, and your money but it’s a results business, and you need to pull the trigger. Put this man out of his misery ASAP.

I want to see change, I want to be entertained, instead I’m being served up tripe week in week out. My patience have gone.

Week after week he comes out with the same drivel in his post match interview, and within it you just know he is going to talk about learning from our mistakes, and that bloody word "Focus." Reminds me of another disaster of a manager, old Patterson's, "Their a good bunch of lads."
A couple more results like that, and history shows it will happen, and we will be in a relegation battle.
Those players, apart from one or two, would be a far better unit, if there was a manager with experience and vision at the helm.
I'm sick of the excuses being made for him; give him time, we've had injuries. Well so have other clubs!
To even allow a team who hadn't scored for around 8 games to score is embarrassing enough, but to allow them to come from behind and score two goals in a few minutes, is unforgivable
Couple this with being so disrespectful to the fans after we scored, all points to him needing to be sacked, now.

Square and backward passing has become the norm. To try and pass a free kick backwards from the half way line is absolutely ridiculous. As each week goes by we become a worse team and absolutely dreadful to watch. I have had enough too. No tactics other than the aforementioned reverse gear at all costs. One attack against the divisions worse team. Hiatus on and off the field. What a difference a year makes.

Come on Darryl bite the bullet u have cocked up big time with your managers choice SACK HIM NOW you will lose respect of the fans soon talk to us !!. After watching the Yellows 4 over 30 years I can stand it no more watching watching this slow Spanish football that has No chance of working in DIv one. We r going down under this Man. I think even Rad Oxford find it hard to Interview him.

I posted this on another thread but it's pretty relevant here too:

I think we need to give Pep until the end of the season. Under Appleton, I know the circumstances were somewhat different, but in the latter part of the season we really clicked. If we sack Pep now, who're we going to replace him with? A quick-fix manager who's probably only available because they failed at another club? If things don't improve, then we can say to Pep in the summer 'thanks but no thanks' and let him go on his way, then we'll have time to find his replacement.

I think we need to give Pep until the end of the season. Under Appleton, I know the circumstances were somewhat different, but in the latter part of the season we really clicked. If we sack Pep now, who're we going to replace him with? A quick-fix manager who's probably only available because they failed at another club? If things don't improve, then we can say to Pep in the summer 'thanks but no thanks' and let him go on his way, then we'll have time to find his replacement.
A pink f*****g blancmange would do better. Sack the useless t**t NOW!

I never buy the ‘who else is there?’ arguement?

Wilder was guessed by nobody as the successor to Patterson and history tells us he was the top choice to get us out that ‘poxy league’ (I’ll leave the debate about his time after that to another day.)

I never buy the ‘who else is there?’ arguement?

Wilder was guessed by nobody as the successor to Patterson and history tells us he was the top choice to get us out that ‘poxy league’ (I’ll leave the debate about his time after that to another day.)

I'm not saying there isn't anyone better out there, but it would be a huge risk. Yes we could appoint the next Wilder, or the next Waddock. We'll have more choice and more time in the summer to get it right.

I'm not saying there isn't anyone better out there, but it would be a huge risk. Yes we could appoint the next Wilder, or the next Waddock. We'll have more choice and more time in the summer to get it right.
The problem there is then the new manager won’t have enough time to prepare for next season.

Week after week he comes out with the same drivel in his post match interview, and within it you just know he is going to talk about learning from our mistakes, and that bloody word "Focus." Reminds me of another disaster of a manager, old Patterson's, "Their a good bunch of lads."
A couple more results like that, and history shows it will happen, and we will be in a relegation battle.
Those players, apart from one or two, would be a far better unit, if there was a manager with experience and vision at the helm.
I'm sick of the excuses being made for him; give him time, we've had injuries. Well so have other clubs!
To even allow a team who hadn't scored for around 8 games to score is embarrassing enough, but to allow them to come from behind and score two goals in a few minutes, is unforgivable
Couple this with being so disrespectful to the fans after we scored, all points to him needing to be sacked, now.

Most of the squad is shite. Tiandeli, Martin, Henry, Ruffels, Mowatt, Obika are just not good enough, and to an extent neither is Carroll, and Mehmeti does look much better either.

If our performances continue like this which by the way was similar to the Blackpool game then I believe we'll be in a relegation battle.

Come on Darryl bite the bullet u have cocked up big time with your managers choice SACK HIM NOW you will lose respect of the fans soon talk to us !!. After watching the Yellows 4 over 30 years I can stand it no more watching watching this slow Spanish football that has No chance of working in DIv one. We r going down under this Man. I think even Rad Oxford find it hard to Interview him.

Darryl has already lost the respect he gained through he lack of support last summer, and now for not telling us what's going on.

I want him to stay.

He needs to sort our defence out, they continually lose us points. They have been embarrassing for 6-8 weeks at certain points.

I like the style of play he's trying to implement, he needs better players but I can see what he's trying to do.

I personally thought the shushing was deserved yesterday for certain people. If you are going to stand there booing your team when we are passing the ball around don't have a hissy fit when someone puts their finger to their mouth.

I want him to stay.

He needs to sort our defence out, they continually lose us points. They have been embarrassing for 6-8 weeks at certain points.

I like the style of play he's trying to implement, he needs better players but I can see what he's trying to do.

I personally thought the shushing was deserved yesterday for certain people. If you are going to stand there booing your team when we are passing the ball around don't have a hissy fit when someone puts their finger to their mouth.

I must admit, it does P**s me off when fans just think the ball needs hoofing forward, rather than re-generating the ball by going backwards and keeping the bloody thing.

Having said that, and I am a fan of Mousinho, but he does hold on to the ball for 2 or more touches than required before passing, meaning invariably when the player receives the ball they've basically got no options because they've been closed down. Prime example of this was deep in our halve yesterday when he'd done great to be composed, but when the players were now thinking get rid of it he tried to play a simple ball to Ledson, but Ledson wasn't expecting it so the pass went straight to their player on the edge of our box.

We have no one in the middle of the park who has a football brain. Even when Ledson came on he was poor as he just hoofed it to no one and ran around like a headless chicken. Ruffels hasn't got a clue. Yes he's a trier, but a footballer when a brain, I'm not so sure. He hardly puts his foot on the ball, then look up to see what options there are. He did it once yesterday when he put Obika through, but that's it.

Yesterday we lacked intensity again. Only when we went 2-1 down did we start to have some urgency, but it was too late. That's Pep's fault for not remonstrating that's what he wants from the sideline, especially if that's what he told them in the changing room, if not then they must have been playing the way he wanted.

I'm concerned as our performances are poor and getting worse, and I don't believe we have the right personnel on the pitch, especially at the moment.

We need a right back, a left back/cover, 2 pacey wingers, 1 or 2 creative midfielders, and a striker that knows where the net is or can put themselves about. That's 3-5 players, and I cannot see that happening.

I want him to stay.

I’m all for giving it back to the fans. I think many deserve it. However pick your battles.

Doing it, going 1-0 up against the bottom team, when we were largely out played in the first half, when we know we have many individual errors and look particularly fragile at home is probably not the time.

The thing is with Appleton we were playing attractive football and we just hadn't clicked yet because we lacked players for certain positions. Honestly can't see how the team we have at the minute with the manager we have will improve at all. It's just excuses after excuses.

For me, sacking the manager is not the right option to choose.
You dont sack a manager unless you are in danger of going down (which i dont believe we are) or are on a run like Bury were prior to yestredays game.

Some points from yesterday and in general to explain why i think we should keep Clotet for now:

1. Bury had just changed manager, how many times do you see what is considered a poor side get a result in this situation? Quite a few, over an extended period of time the change of manager rarely makes much difference but in the first game or two you often see some unexpected results, we were unfortunate to be up against Bury immediately after the change.

2. The first goal conceded yesterday was a result of two things, a poor back pass from Tiendalli (who had been having a decent enough game until this point) which gave meant Eastwood had no option but to give away a throw in, but the main reason was the players inability to defend a set piece again. Yes the manager picks the team, but once they are out there it is down to them to make the correct decisions and be able to defend a set piece, they have enough experience between them to take responsibility for this, the manager cannot play the game for them, it is not FIFA on the playstation. By getting on at the manager all we are doing is allowing the players to hide/pass the blame which means things wont improve.

3. Booing during the game, im sorry but what?!!

We all want the team to do well and it can get frustrating when they appear to be playing in a negative way but surely its better to keep the ball rather than lose it playing an impossible pass. I often feel myself wanting them to get the ball forward a bit earlier, not to go route one but be a little more direct, but if there isnt an option to do this because a striker has come short rather than long for the ball in behind/the corners should we still play that pass just because it means we arent playing "boring" football? of course not.

Im confident that those booing would be the first to moan should give the ball away needlessly.

4. The club has lost, through either long term injury or sale, a large number of players since Clotet came in. (Johnson, Lundstram, Hall, Nelson, Ribeiro, Pekalski etc) all that i have listed there would have a good case to be starting more weeks than not.
I appreciate many will argue that the players brought in havent been good enough, but as we saw in Appletons first season, August and the early part of the season is a difficult time to bring in quality players be that permanent or on loan in comparison to January, jakubiak and morris v roofe and macdonald for example in Appletons first season and Brannagan (on paper) v Van Kessel.

5. I wouldnt take too much notice of the post match interviews with the manager or players, all they are and ever will be at most levels is conversions full of cliches and sound bites, none of it really means anything. You can be certain that the messages given across in these are not the same opinions expressed behind closed doors. There is no benefit to coming out in public and castigating players for basic errors. it will either make no difference or be a negative so in my opinion keeping things within the group is the right thing to do.

Di Canio used to do this on a regular basis and look where it got him, it was fine at Swindon where they were prepared to effectively write off the cost of a player he upset and allow them to leave and go and sign a replacement but this is not a sensible way to run a football club for two reasons, no one can really afford to do this long term but also football is a small world, once a club gets a reputation for being a bad place to go the quality of player you are able to sign drops, if we had adopted this model there is no way that we would have been able to sign Roofe, Ledson, Branngan etc. As soon as he got to a level where this couldnt happen, whether this was because the number of players good enough was smaller or the club couldnt afford to just let people go and replace them his managerial career came crashing down.

6. The whole episode is very very similar to when Eales and Appleton came in, an average (or worse in Appletons case) start to the season after a summer of uncertainty due to takeover talks (one successful, one not), the team playing a passing style which on occasion seems ponderous and ineffective due to some of the players, particularly those in the back 4 (Mousinho and Martin v Hunt and Newey) not being equipped to play that way at pace, a majority of fans calling for the manager to be sacked, an unacceptable and embarressing defeat (5-1 v Cambridge and 7-0 v Wigan).

Of course there are other issues such as the lack of marketing etc which was really good when Eales first came in, that contribute tothe general feeling of discontent but this is not the managers fault.

From a footballing perspective we are pretty much where i expected to be given the summers events, and probably about where we should be given size of club etc

I believe based ont he points made above it is worth persevering with the current managerial team, in the hope that they can make the same strides that Appleton et al did a couple of years ago, if of course they have not improved and we find ourselves struggling to retain our League one place then it may be time to make a change.

Back
Top Bottom