General (s) Loanee roundup

Exactly. Atkinson has far more first team experience (without checking) than Jones.
think Nico has had 3 or 4 OUFC first team appearances, wheras Atkinson has only non league level experience , I think?

I think it's great that our young players are getting game time with Oxford City, also if they can help to get city promoted at some point that will be a very good experience. This obviously would mean us loaning our players out to City in a higher more competitive league, win, win, win for OUFC, OC and the players.

I think it's great that our young players are getting game time with Oxford City, also if they can help to get city promoted at some point that will be a very good experience. This obviously would mean us loaning our players out to City in a higher more competitive league, win, win, win for OUFC, OC and the players.
agree with pretty much all of that- except that 'citys artificial pitch isnt very forgiving, especially to knee, ankle and foot (among other) knocks/tweaks and injuries

Not sure how realistic it is for Oxford City to get promoted again?

Their average crowd this season is 346 - which is the second smallest in the division; most of the teams near the top of the National League South get regular crowds several times bigger than that. They would be one of - if not the - smallest clubs ever to play at the Conference level.

But loaning our young players to Oxford City to help them stay in the National League South year-on-year? Absolutely. It's a good level for our younger players to get their first professional experience........

Their average crowd this season is 346 - which is the second smallest in the division; most of the teams near the top of the National League South get regular crowds several times bigger than that. They would be one of - if not the - smallest clubs ever to play at the Conference level.

But loaning our young players to Oxford City to help them stay in the National League South year-on-year? Absolutely. It's a good level for our younger players to get their first professional experience........
As long as they don't end up buggering off to Love Island.

theres several former U's youngsters who didnt quite make the grade at the breeze block , who are now first team squad players at CPF

Not least because it means they don’t have to relocate. It’s a perfect arrangement.

theres several former U's youngsters who didnt quite make the grade at the breeze block , who are now first team squad players at CPF

Do you think that we could ground share at Grenoble rd if City got promoted?.

Would there be any benefits for both OUFC and OC having training sessions together? I think I can see a few our young player would still be training against/with our U23/1st team on occasions. We would be able watch City's players to see if they have potential to join OUFC as well.

Back
Top Bottom