League One Ryan Lowe leaves Argyle to go to PNE.

swolley

A strange one, although he has family links in the northwest, Steven Schumaker to take over at Plymouth.
I would imagine green army not happy

You can’t argue with the job he did at Plymouth. It’s little wonder that a Championship club came calling.

Preston is an interesting choice. They seem a permanent fixture in the second tier nowadays. No chance of going up nor really of going down - like a Rochdale of the Championship. With Trevor Hemmings no longer around it begs the question what the most he can achieve there will be. Staying up? Playoff push after this season?

Since posting I have been reading the thread about the speculation/ITK of Josh's wage increase after moving to Huddersfield. If the same formula is applied to managers' wages then its a no brainer to move to the championship.

Also, whenever I travel to Devon I often think of the travelling time involved just getting to another ground from Plymouth, even one of the shorter trips like Kassam. They must get sick to death of the M5. Preston, although in the north has many more local trips to Lancs/Yorks

That’s one less team to worry about for a top six finish. May take a couple of Argyle players in January too.

A strange one, although he has family links in the northwest, Steven Schumaker to take over at Plymouth.
I would imagine green army not happy

His family still live in the North West I believe and lives in digs in Plymouth when in Devon. So not a surprise, coupled with going up a Division and a bigger wage as well.

Not sure why some are seeing this as a strange move for him. Eminently sensible decision it seems to me!

Seems as though Plymouth had a succession plan or reacted quickly and appointed Schumacher, who some Plymouth fans seem to think was the brains behind their recent upturn anyway. No mucking about with lots of speculation as to who might be coming in! Or alternatively, the cheap option.

Back
Top Bottom