Ex Player Ryan Ledson

As I say, it has improved because of our forum. I really wish you the best going forward with you disability
Might not be because of the forum and more autocorrect actually working ? But seriously thanks it's nice to know that there's still nice people out there.

Bid rejected. DE holding out for more overall (and upfront) as per the Johnson move in August.
Doubt we'll see Ledson tomorrow.

It is (was) a hooligan firm. You're 15, you wouldn't understand.
Gave me a nice welcome in March 2000. Before your time I guess?!
Yes it was , I know a fair bit about the old hooligan firms but it not my cup of tea. I know Preston have had a few names like the PPS I think it is now and it was Preston Suicide Squad a while ago. IMO it just ruins the game but I'm glad that it isn't as bad now a days. Although I do believe that the only North End coach that went to Cardiff got bricked a few weeks back.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Hope he stays but don't think we can stand in his way, if we are going to keep attracting young talent in the future

If Ledson does go then we need a quick similar replacement ASAP, this is where we’ve failed this season, at least up to about a week ago.

Yes it was , I know a fair bit about the old hooligan firms but it not my cup of tea. I know Preston have had a few names like the PPS I think it is now and it was Preston Suicide Squad a while ago. IMO it just ruins the game but I'm glad that it isn't as bad now a days. Although I do believe that the only North End coach that went to Cardiff got bricked a few weeks back.

I think you are getting your Lancashire teams confused,Burnley are the Suicide Squad.
But as Preston have always been in Burnley's shadow,i can understand your confusion.

With great background music from Mott The Hoople !

Last edited:
I think we will sell Ledson this window. The model is based on buying youthful prospects and selling them on for a profit.

We have to be mindful that if we were to stand in a players way it would have a knock on affect for future signings, but we also must not be weak and roll over when a player decides he wants to move on.

Thankfully, as proven with the sale of Johnson, we will only sell when the offer is acceptable to us and I think discussions will have been had with Ledson so he knows where we stand.

I think 1.5 million with sell on clauses will secure him. But with it being played out so publically by Preston I'm hopeful that other teams may come in for him and drive up th price. I don't believe PNE have acted with complete integrity here and maybe they'll end up paying a higher price as a result.

On a side note, the PNE supporter on here is becoming annoying, can we possibly restrict him to one post a day??!!

4 years ago the idea of selling players was unlikely, let alone for £1m+. As frustrating as it is to lose players, DE has shown that he can get good money for those who do go. The criticism was that this money hasnt been reinvested well, but maybe this window will show others.

As far as Ledson is concerned, he's 20 and moved away from home to build a career with us. He now has the opportunity to step up a league, earn more, and be closer to home. I dont knock him for wanting to progress and wish him well if/when he does. Anything around £1.5m will be decent money in my view, especially if that means we keep Eastwood and bring another couple of big players in.

Can see Lego moving on very soon - unfortunately.

We’ll get more than £800,000 I would think and some add-ons no doubt.
A move to North End is a great move for Lego - they play decent football
and Neil is doing a great job. A move back to the north west must be
appealing and to an established Championship club with ambition.

Moult, Bodin and Possibly Ledson are very good bits of business.
They signed Tom Barkhuizen recently from Morecambe ( I think Appleton was
interested in him) so their model is similar to ours - identify and buy young talent
and make them better.

Anything around £1m and the deal will surely be completed.

Back
Top Bottom