Ex Player Ryan Ledson

North Wales Yellow

Reports in the Daily Mail that Preston want Ryan Ledson.

Think this one could have legs.

I think he will go if a serious offer comes in. Believe he is out of contract next year, he won't sign a new one unless we are in the Championhsip. He is young and ambitious and in his eyes, I think he will believe he is ready to step up.

IF we do sell, not sure how much we can blame Eales. This is the flip side of the business model that everyone was praising after the Dickie signing yesterday. Buy them young and cheap, play well for a few years then sell them on for big profit. The only down side is it being January and not the summer.

We shall see...

I’m happy with the business model and can accept players moving on at the right price........ Assuming that money is then re-invested in similar quality, young players with prospect for a decent re-sale.

I think people have felt aggrieved this year particularly as we’ve sold decent assets and then signed ageing players with little/no potential re-sale value who look to to have been bought on the cheap.

only way he goes now in my opinion is 1.5 million with add ons. He has a strong partnership with Ruffels and we can't afford to break it up again this season. Both compliment each other really well and when they haven't played together the midfield has looked weak.

Interesting words from Pep this morning:

He said: “We are trying to build.

“We already lost two really important players in the summer. If we lose an important player now I would start to think ‘what are we doing?’.

I wonder if a bid has indeed been tabled and Pep is firing a warning shot at DE..?

Pretty sure we paid money to Everton for him, so £500,000 is nowhere near enough. Also don't we have a further years option on his contract, taking it up to the end of next season?

He's not had as good a season so far this year though, so maybe he's not exactly indispensable............

Pretty sure we paid money to Everton for him, so £500,000 is nowhere near enough. Also don't we have a further years option on his contract, taking it up to the end of next season?

He's not had as good a season so far this year though, so maybe he's not exactly indispensable............

Does anyone know if there's a sell-on clause?

Agree we shouldn't sell in January.

He isn't, however going to sign a new contract. If a serious offer, £1M say was tabled, hard for Daryl to turn that down, knowing his value is only going to decrease.

Worth mentioning Prestons transfer strategy as well I think.

They've already picked up Louis Moult and Billy Bodin, IF they get Ledson they will have signed three young proven, British players for under £2M. Just shows there are different ways to skin a cat.

They clearly can't compete financially with the likes of Wolves, Villa etc. BUT if you scout well and monitor contracts, do your business early you can more than survive in the Championship.

Does anyone know if there's a sell-on clause?

I don't think so. Wasn't he out of contract and although they offered him a new one, we had to pay a fee by way of compensation? I'm using my memory on this, so happy to be proved wrong if someone has the facts to hand.

Interesting. The fact a reputable local journalist has tweeted this makes me think it is indeed a real possibility.

I cant see a transfer going through until Pep has been able to line a replacement up, so could drag on for a week.

They will have to pay a bloody sight more than 500,000 and if we do sell Pep will walk reading his comments in the OM.

Swap deal with Eoin Doyle maybe...?
Doyle 29 and out at the minute through blood clot that could leave him out for a few months according to Manchester evening news. Ledson is just as valuable as o'dowda and shouldn't be sold for less the 7 figures and add ons.

A victim of losing MApp? Pep has dropped him due to less-than-stellar form. We all know he's capable of good performances.

We've grumbled and chuntered away in recent weeks at Pep's team and his soundbites, however I don't hear any moaning now. We're all in agreement that Dickie looks a good prospect, Pep has made a few changes to the team, Eales has reappeared and we appear to have a recruitment plan back in play again (well, assuming Dickie is the continuation of it rather than the end).

Back to Ledson, £500k even with a hefty sell on is a bit cheeky from Preston North End. I'd put him the £750k-900k category (can we really call him a £1m player?) which is on a par with Lundstram. He is young and PNE would be buying themselves evidence-based potential, but not one that has totally shone like Roofe did for us.

This begs the question, why aren't teams looking at Ruffels? He's the one that's improved immaturely for us in recent years.

He is young and PNE would be buying themselves evidence-based potential, but not one that has totally shone like Roofe did for us.

This begs the question, why aren't teams looking at Ruffels? He's the one that's improved immaturely for us in recent years.
This is the exact reason he is worth 1,000,000+. Young players typically worth more. Lundstram was sold for less because of his contract being in final year. Ledson has 18 months left. Think the main reason many teams aren't looking at Josh is because he's literally just signed a new contract which will increase his value as well.

Last edited:
  • React
Reactions: Ian
A victim of losing MApp? Pep has dropped him due to less-than-stellar form. We all know he's capable of good performances.

We've grumbled and chuntered away in recent weeks at Pep's team and his soundbites, however I don't hear any moaning now. We're all in agreement that Dickie looks a good prospect, Pep has made a few changes to the team, Eales has reappeared and we appear to have a recruitment plan back in play again (well, assuming Dickie is the continuation of it rather than the end).

Back to Ledson, £500k even with a hefty sell on is a bit cheeky from Preston North End. I'd put him the £750k-900k category (can we really call him a £1m player?) which is on a par with Lundstram. He is young and PNE would be buying themselves evidence-based potential, but not one that has totally shone like Roofe did for us.

While not wishing to be negative, I'm not getting carried away by the recent small upturn in form, welcome though it is, and I don't think Pep should be counting his chickens just yet either.

One swallow doesn't make a summer!

Surely it would be better to get 500k for him now, than get nothing for him at the end of the season?

It was exactly the same situation with Lunny in the summer.

Surely it would be better to get 500k for him now, than get nothing for him at the end of the season?

It was exactly the same situation with Lunny in the summer.
He’s on contract until summer 2019. Half a million is therefore nowhere near what we’ll accept currently. Double that and we’ll start negotiating it upwards, but anything less than seven figures isn’t even worth considering.

Back
Top Bottom