International News Russian War With Ukraine

Finland getting very close to announcing their intention to join NATO. Putin's actions have managed to change approximately 50% of the population's mind! And another pressure for the Russian Military with a large border and NATO looking able to choke off the Baltic Sea should conflict arise. Likewise Sweden still looking very likely to join NATO as well.

Finland getting very close to announcing their intention to join NATO. Putin's actions have managed to change approximately 50% of the population's mind! And another pressure for the Russian Military with a large border and NATO looking able to choke off the Baltic Sea should conflict arise. Likewise Sweden still looking very likely to join NATO as well.
Russia now 'threatening' Finland for joining NATO.
I am.not sure that Putin's strategic objectives have quite worked out as he hoped?

Russia now 'threatening' Finland for joining NATO.
I am.not sure that Putin's strategic objectives have quite worked out as he hoped?

They've been threatening for weeks anyway. They've threatened moving nuclear weapons into the Baltic/on the border when they've been, or the capability to fire them (not difficult to move some warheads) in Kaliningrad for years. The public threats are getting a bit desperate now, including the economic threats/sanctions ones, but it will play well into Putin's message for domestic consumption about NATO.

Obviously not a bright spark and doesn't bode well for the standard of Russian Officers.

Reminds me of one of my favourite Jon Stewart segments - from happier days when we could all just laugh at the crazy Russians, rather than worry that they're about to nuke innocent people......

Back
Top Bottom