Other European Rules is rules.....

Essexyellows

Player being subbed failed to leave by the shortest route, second yellow, sent off, no sub. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Guess he`ll have some homework to do......

This is another one of the new rules that simply isn't being applied consistently (however daft it is!). How many times have we seen in our own games that a player just wanders off as they always have done? I'd say it was the majority. The ref does nothing about it. I still favour the 'stop the watch' approach to breaks in play like this - then it doesn't matter so much how long they take or how good their 'moving their legs like they are trotting but not actually moving very fast' acting is!

In this case of course if (as said in the article) the ref had told him what to do and he just ignored it then he deserved what he got and I hope he got a bollocking from his manager.

This is another one of the new rules that simply isn't being applied consistently (however daft it is!). How many times have we seen in our own games that a player just wanders off as they always have done? I'd say it was the majority. The ref does nothing about it. I still favour the 'stop the watch' approach to breaks in play like this - then it doesn't matter so much how long they take or how good their 'moving their legs like they are trotting but not actually moving very fast' acting is!

In this case of course if (as said in the article) the ref had told him what to do and he just ignored it then he deserved what he got and I hope he got a bollocking from his manager.

Agreed. You're right, he as much got sent off for ignoring the Ref and what he told him to do.

Silly new rule as players either ignore it or can just move close to the centre circle if they’re about to be subbed.

If they do leave the pitch away from the dugouts, you’ve got an additional coloured shirt which could distract players or cause a wrong offside decision and there’s guaranteed to be an altercation soon between a player and the opposition’s fans as they walk around the outside of the pitch.

Timekeeper like the rugby, ref "stops the clock" with a hand signal for whatever reason then restarts with play.
No more guessing how long is left or how long the ref has added at the end.
Less for the ref to worry about, they can then get on with applying the rules consistently, a word seemingly eradicated from their vocabulary.

Far to easy I guess..............

Timekeeper like the rugby, ref "stops the clock" with a hand signal for whatever reason then restarts with play.
Less for the ref to worry about, they can then get on with applying the rules consistently, a word seemingly eradicated from their vocabulary.

Totally agree.

I've seen bits and bobs of the Rugby World Cup. It's a pretty dull game IMO (and the tournament has been chock full of one sided matches) but there have been a few things that I think the powers that be could adopt for our sport so far as the officiating is concerned.
I like the fact that the ref is miked up and so can be heard making his decisions - and his consultations with the other officials. The spectators know what is happening and why.
I like the fact that the timekeeping is completely out of the ref's hands, that the clock is stopped for significant breaks in play and that the crowd can see exactly how much time is left.
I like the fact that the players do show a modicum of respect to the ref. I know we moan about them (with some justification!), but they have a hard enough job without all the silliness the players subject them to. It should be up to the ref to call players (and captains) over, rather than the players making a beeline for the ref and haranguing him at the drop of a hat.
That leads to the ref occasionally calling the captains over and telling them that their teams are close to the mark in one way or another and he will take action if they over step again. That seems sensible - it's then up to the captains to tell their team.

Agreed on the timekeeping and such an easy change to make.

Nigel Owens was a fantastic listen in the England game last weekend. Calm, measured, factual, explained everything in detail and how it related to the rules, even if it was harsh. No Mike Dean look at me histrionics or making it up. And some wonderfully withering put downs to both sides.

Football, if it were willing, could learn a lot from Rugby.

Football is art, it's not a sport, but i would call it a game, heading and slide tackling should be banned. Off-side should also go, goal hanging would be penalised as it's would be against the spirit of the game. Make the goal is bit SMALLER. Goal should be 2.25 metres high and 7 metres wide. No penalty spot. Centre circle a 10 metre radius. Goalies area 15 metres from goal. At least 2 players have to be in the oppositions half at all times.

Last edited:
Football is art, it's not a sport, it's a game, heading and slide tackling should be banned. Off-side should also go, goal hanging would be penalised as it's would be against the spirit of the game. Make the goal is bit SMALLER. Goal should be 2.25 metres high and 7 metres wide. No penalty spot. Center circle a 10 metre radius. Goalies area 15 metres from goal. At least 2 players have to be in the oppositions half of the field at all times.
I think you should stick to the egg chasing...

I believe the term used is 'kissball', according to the eggchasers I know.
Heard that one used, heard Wendyball far more. I think wendyball is a compliment, I want to see and i think it's a possibility for women to play in the same professional side as guys, if football was played under the laws that i want introduced.

Football is art, it's not a sport, but i would call it a game, heading and slide tackling should be banned. Off-side should also go, goal hanging would be penalised as it's would be against the spirit of the game. Make the goal is bit SMALLER. Goal should be 2.25 metres high and 7 metres wide. No penalty spot. Centre circle a 10 metre radius. Goalies area 15 metres from goal. At least 2 players have to be in the oppositions half at all times.

I can see why you might think football is art if you watch a lot of rugby.

You can get quite a reaction if you suggest to someone who is more into the arts than sport that footballers can be artists though.

Is darts an art?

Back
Top Bottom