Rule changes for next season

FatOldSun

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but some rule changes are coming into force for next season. The summary can be read here:
http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf

Most of them seem sensible enough. There's still some ambiguity about what constitutes a major advantage if you accidentally handball it. For example, if you're a defender, accidentally handball it, then hoof it up the pitch and the striker scores, is that classed as a major advantage? If so, what if the defender hoofs it to a winger who crosses for the striker to score?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but some rule changes are coming into force for next season. The summary can be read here:
http://static-3eb8.kxcdn.com/documents/786/111531_110319_IFAB_LoG_at_a_Glance.pdf

Most of them seem sensible enough. There's still some ambiguity about what constitutes a major advantage if you accidentally handball it. For example, if you're a defender, accidentally handball it, then hoof it up the pitch and the striker scores, is that classed as a major advantage? If so, what if the defender hoofs it to a winger who crosses for the striker to score?

I think the respect for the referees is laughable after last Saturday’s game

Some sensible changes, but I can see handball and substitutions being controversial still as officials will all have their interpretation of what is correct.

Frankly, the new handball guideline is exactly how I thought the old wording should be interpreted (but wasn't always).

So if you're a defender, and you don't want to risk giving away a pen, don't wave your arms around and especially not above your head.

Some sensible changes, but I can see handball and substitutions being controversial still as officials will all have their interpretation of what is correct.
Also no opposition player in the wall that will be interesting

I like this change as it stops the blatant fouling that goes on but never gets punished.
True but it will be interesting to see what teams come up with now to make it easier for the free kick to be on target

Standardise requirements from lino/assistant refs input to referees would help a lot. IMO

They should bring back the rule of taking a goal kick from the side the ball went out of play. I know it was changed to speed up restarts, but the effect has been the opposite - endless time wasting as goalkeepers trundle from one side of the goal mouth to the other, every time.

Back
Top Bottom