FA Cup round 3 TV matches are...

Sarge

God like member
Friday 4 January 2019
Tranmere Rovers or Southport v Tottenham Hotspur (7.45pm)

Saturday 5 January 2019
Manchester United v Reading (12.30pm)
Solihull Moors or Blackpool v Arsenal (5.30pm)

Sunday 6 January 2019
Woking v Watford (2pm)
Wrexham or Newport County v Leicester City (4.30pm)

Monday 7 January 2019
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool (7.45pm)

So it’s us, Forest, Leeds and Oldham all in West London on the same day then, hmmm....

The Brummies are in town as well that day ?

Still have to get through Paddington first. Then jump on tube to St P.

They couldn't pick a more unimaginative game than the all PL tie Wolves vs Liverpool either. Whilst both teams will be attacking there must have been another tie that is more representative of what the 3rd Round of the FA Cup means.

I hope we get kept on the Saturday, rather than get moved for the stupid Sunday results thing. When are the dates finalised?

They couldn't pick a more unimaginative game than the all PL tie Wolves vs Liverpool either. Whilst both teams will be attacking there must have been another tie that is more representative of what the 3rd Round of the FA Cup means.
probably be a number of each clubs U23 squads playing... thatll give the television pundits something extra to wax lyrical about

Except there isn't really, is there?

The only other Premiership teams away to lower league opposition are Cardiff & Huddersfield (neither of whom is exactly a giant to be killed) and Southampton (who are away to Derby, in what is really - given the league placings - a game between equals).

All the other Premiership teams are at home, playing games you would expect them to win comfortably (or there's Bournemouth vs. Brighton).

I actually think, with the exception of the annual pointless Man U-in-the-3rd-Round love in, they've picked the right games this time round.

Except there isn't really, is there?

The only other Premiership teams away to lower league opposition are Cardiff & Huddersfield (neither of whom is exactly a giant to be killed) and Southampton (who are away to Derby, in what is really - given the league placings - a game between equals).

All the other Premiership teams are at home, playing games you would expect them to win comfortably (or there's Bournemouth vs. Brighton).

I actually think, with the exception of the annual pointless Man U-in-the-3rd-Round love in, they've picked the right games this time round.

Lower league team Vs Cardiff or Huddersfield is far better than Wolves 2nd XI Vs Liverpool 2nd XI.

Lower league team Vs Cardiff or Huddersfield is far better than Wolves 2nd XI Vs Liverpool 2nd XI.

In terms of quality, I'd beg to differ.

And it's likely to be Cardiff/Huddersfield's 2nd XI as well.

Back
Top Bottom