FA Cup round 3 TV matches are...

In terms of quality, I'd beg to differ.

And it's likely to be Cardiff/Huddersfield's 2nd XI as well.

Our game Vs a poor Swansea side under MApp was entertaining. No reason why a lower league side Vs Cardiff/Huddersfield wouldn't be. And at least it would only be 1 reserve side rather than a totally reserve team fixture.

Why show PL v PL? Are they not on TV every week? Surely showing games that only happen in the FA cup is the better option?

Why show PL v PL? Are they not on TV every week? Surely showing games that only happen in the FA cup is the better option?

Yes they are ..... if you have sky. The BBC / BT will nearly always pick an all-PL cup game for that reason (& Man U v whoever or course). Can understand why BT do it because they are a subscription channel and they obviously think it will improve ratings, but to my mind, the BBC should always show the lowest ranked teams in the completion up to Round 4 at least.

why show a club in decline every time against a relegation threatened side from a lower league

i would imagine gills v cardiff will be on bbc wales?

The fact that the FA create tv contracts that enable the tv companies to consistently select man united over all 91 plus other clubs in the fa cup (which creates a financial advantage) must surely play on the fringes of the work carried out by the UK competition commission?

Back
Top Bottom