Ex Player Rothwell

One of our most important players when it comes to instilling that bit of extra impetus from midfield. That said, he really needs to be showing his (doubtless) class on a more regular basis. Harsh as it sounds, getting him to sign is one thing but he really needs to kick on in my opinion.

Oh God, please let this happen. Rothwell is a class above.

Robinson is brilliant at managing the message by the way and inspiring confidence in the future direction of the club.

Holding a fans phone in off his own back, backing his players after the first game, encouraging (no doubt) AM to front up to the media post-game... the communication from him, Tiger and the club more generally has significantly improved in the short period since the take-over, of that I have no doubts.

Last edited:
One of our most important players when it comes to instilling that bit of extra impetus from midfield. That said, he really needs to be showing his (doubtless) class on a more regular basis. Harsh as it sounds, getting him to sign is one thing but he really needs to kick on in my opinion.
Indeed, if he reaches near his potential he could be our biggest asset.

Great news, he's one of the few players we have who is good enough to build a team around.

Hugely under used player.

Important we get him signed up asap. Is the only player in the team that can commit defenders

I absolutely love Rothwell - I know he's had more than his fair share of injuries but hopefully he can get a run now until the end of the season with Mowatt's absence, and then sign on again in the Summer, would be great news.

Could he be the number 10 which KR hinted at. I reckon if he can get a run of games, he's got the ability to score a few goals in a more advanced, central position.

I would love him to stay.

Could he be the number 10 which KR hinted at. I reckon if he can get a run of games, he's got the ability to score a few goals in a more advanced, central position.

It's him or Henry. Henry is our best player when he is in the 10 but then anonymous outwide. Rothwell seems effective wherever he plays.

But Rothwell hasn't had much chance at 10

Rothwell Ledson and Eastwood have to be our no.1 priorities to keep. With these rumours a few weeks ago saying we've signed Exeter captain on a pre contract. I wouldn't be surprised if Nelson was leaving.

Bingo. And yes, scoring goals is clearly in his locker as KR expects of a number 10. Him and Henry vying for the same position is very healthy.

Pleased about this, hopefully should it happen then Rothwell can stay fit and push on in his development.

Was going to make a similar point.

I hope he signs but we really need more from him.

They shouldn't have let his contract run down because he will go I reckon

Hasnt he got a years option ? just about every young player we signed during DE reign had a years option on it.
The worrying thing for me is in the interview on RadOx he made all the right noises about how he would like to stay but said it was down to the Club and his agent.

Easily can play #10. Can pass, quality at carrying the ball and our best finisher.

It's him or Henry. Henry is our best player when he is in the 10 but then anonymous outwide. Rothwell seems effective wherever he plays.

But Rothwell hasn't had much chance at 10

Rothwell Ledson and Eastwood have to be our no.1 priorities to keep. With these rumours a few weeks ago saying we've signed Exeter captain on a pre contract. I wouldn't be surprised if Nelson was leaving.
I can't see it,
A. Taylor-Moore is left footed

B. No one is stumping up enough money for us to accept it when Nelson's been out for 6 months, with an injury that often times can be a career changer, why would they put money on such a big risk when he's got 12 months left on his deal?

Back
Top Bottom