Ex Player Rothwell and a new contract

Marked Ox

God like member
I hope KR has success in persuading Joe to stay as he has demonstrated his quality in driving the team forward when we few others doing so.

I thought it was unfortunate that he didn't get the applause/acknowledgement he deserved when subbed on Saturday when the Riccy chant took over. Hopefully, the away fans can make up for it at Blackburn and let him know that his efforts are appreciated.

I hope KR has success in persuading Joe to stay as he has demonstrated his quality in driving the team forward when we few others doing so.

I thought it was unfortunate that he didn't get the applause/acknowledgement he deserved when subbed on Saturday when the Riccy chant took over. Hopefully, the away fans can make up for it at Blackburn and let him know that his efforts are appreciated.

I hope he stays. On the plus side if we can’t convince him, then not only is it Henry’s better position, but it’s also apparently branagans preferred and best position. So we would already have decent competition for that place

Thought the links to Blackburn were surprising; he's a good player but doesn't strike me as Championship quality (yet). If I remember correctly he turned down a Man Utd contract to join us, so doesn't appear to be motivated by money rather than playing time, encouraging for us.
Think he'd be a guaranteed starter next year if he stayed, need players of his calibre and potential if we're going to sell Ledson and Nelson (which I think we should if they're not going to sign new contracts).

Gut feeling says he's going. Won't be long until we find out for sure though if KR wants to get the released list done as early as possible.

Gut feeling says he's going. Won't be long until we find out for sure though if KR wants to get the released list done as early as possible.
I think we will go for quality over quantity this time, I think 37 on the books is one of the biggest squads in the league.
Wouldn't surprise me we don't lose all the big 4 so to speak, Nelson might not be quite ready to go because of fitness, someone might take a punt on him though, lets see what KR does and who he brings in..

Technically one of our best and you would think a lot more to come. Really hope we can hang onto him.

I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Rothwell signed a new contract, personally I don’t think he’s quite ready for the Championship just yet, add to that his hamstring issues. Needs to prove his fitness play regularly imho.

Of course there’s always the chance another club higher up the pyramid will take a chance on him but I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion.

Maybe the introduction of KR and Rothwell getting more minutes when fit will sway his decision.

Under Pep I could understand leaving, with KR in place he may be able to convince Rothwell to stay.

Maybe the introduction of KR and Rothwell getting more minutes when fit will sway his decision.

Under Pep I could understand leaving, with KR in place he may be able to convince Rothwell to stay.

These are factors but it’ll basically come down to two things.

What other offers he has on the table and how much we’re willing to pay him.

Doubt Rothwell will be staying. He's been offered a new contract by us but has also been offered contracts by championship clubs too. He did say he just wants to get his head down and play football regularly which he could do here. He likes Oxford United, but doesn't particularly like the City of Oxford. Not his sort of thing. He'll move back up north.

Doubt Rothwell will be staying. He's been offered a new contract by us but has also been offered contracts by championship clubs too. He did say he just wants to get his head down and play football regularly which he could do here. He likes Oxford United, but doesn't particularly like the City of Oxford. Not his sort of thing. He'll move back up north.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing for our opponents on Saturday come August.

I hear Chorley is lovely December time...

Rothwells dad?

Does anybody else wonder if we’re targeting our recruitment in the wrong areas of the country?! How many times have we heard ‘he wants to move back up north’ with reference to our players? Surely we’d be better off looking at Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, even the likes of Watford and Southampton’s academy players. Not saying they’ll be ‘southerners’ born and bred but at least they’ll be more settled down here

Back
Top Bottom