Rotherham v Shrewsbury

Didcotox

Wembley looks extremely bare. Very poor attendance.

Think Rotherham will win. I would like to see Shrewsbury win for what they have achieved this season.

Last edited:
Hope the Shrews do it - given how well they did up until quite late on - but as both yesterdays games went against me, then I'm not hopeful

Hope the Shrews do it - given how well they did up until quite late on - but as both yesterdays games went against me, then I'm not hopeful

Please tell me you’d like Exeter to win tomorrow.

Why isn’t there a fingers crossed emoji?! :mad:

I'm saying nothing - playoff finals have been a real let down for me this season (only Tranmere of the ones I've wanted so far have gone up)

I would like Coventry to win tomorrow. I missed our game at the Ricoh during 2016/17, so would like the chance to go next season.

Happy with that result. Shrewsbury makes a good stop off on the way to Wales. We go up usually once a year to visit friends and taking in the game is a good break. (although we seem to lose mostly!)

I want Coventry to go up. I live about 10 miles from the Ricoh Arena!

Yeah, me too. With his bad luck, I was hoping he’d back Exeter and Coventry would go up. I went to Highfield Road years ago, but never been to the Ricoh.

You must be a Wasps regular. :sneaky:

Yeah, me too. With his bad luck, I was hoping he’d back Exeter and Coventry would go up. I went to Highfield Road years ago, but never been to the Ricoh.

You must be a Wasps regular. :sneaky:

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than watch egg chasing!

Best result for us I think.

Rotherham bigger club with a bigger budget than Shrewsbury.

Paul Hurst will be off now, and their best players will be cherry picked. Might stick a few quid on Shrewsbury to go down next year.

Best result for us I think.

Rotherham bigger club with a bigger budget than Shrewsbury.

Paul Hurst will be off now, and their best players will be cherry picked. Might stick a few quid on Shrewsbury to go down next year.
Was thinking similar. Hurst will be off and they’ll be playing catch up transfer wise anyway having been in the play offs, and to add to the pressure, possibly with no manager for the next two or three weeks. Got to be huge relegation candidates now.

So the 3 that came down went straight back up again. Meanwhile the promoted teams survived easily.

Doesn't say much for the strength of the sivision last season.

Best result for us. League one looks weaker next season. So it improves our chances!

So the 3 that came down went straight back up again. Meanwhile the promoted teams survived easily.

Doesn't say much for the strength of the sivision last season.
What has that got to do with the strength of the Division?

Wigan and Blackburn were just relegated from the Championship but kept their best players and spent. I would say that they were as good as Bolton and Sheffield United.

The previous season Millwall went up in the play offs. We comfortably beat them away at the end of the season.

I would say that last season's League 1 was fairly similar quality wise to the previous seasons.

Next season? Sunderland should have a bigger budget than anybody ever in League 1 although they have been a basket case. Barnsley and Burton will probably not be as strong as Wigan and Blackburn were.

But Luton have come up. If anything League 1 may be slightly of a lower quality next season than last season.

Sunderland may well walk L1 next season leaving two places open for the chasing pack.
I think it’ll be tough. Barnsley and Bradford will have good budgets and Charlto will really fancy their chances. Although I think Shrewsbury will fade, I’m sure Luton, Pompey and Plymouth won’t struggle. If Coventry go up I’d expect a good showing by them. Bristol Rovers have kept their manager and could fare well.
Expecting nothing from Burton but they were unlucky last season not to stay up.

Sunderland may well walk L1 next season leaving two places open for the chasing pack.
I think it’ll be tough. Barnsley and Bradford will have good budgets and Charlto will really fancy their chances. Although I think Shrewsbury will fade, I’m sure Luton, Pompey and Plymouth won’t struggle. If Coventry go up I’d expect a good showing by them. Bristol Rovers have kept their manager and could fare well.
Expecting nothing from Burton but they were unlucky last season not to stay up.

I wouldn't be so sure on Bradford. Reading what their fans are saying, they are a bit of a mess and the budget will be similar to this last season. Simon Grayson refusing to sign a contract extension speaks volumes for me. I'm not sure they have appointed a new manager yet.

Edit: Bradford haven't yet appointed their new manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom