Rotherham (h) ticket sales

Common Villager

Just wondering if anyone knows how the ticket sales are going for arguably our biggest game of the season so far?

I must say, I'm really looking forward to this match (and Tuesday against Ipswich). What a big few days it is for the football club!

Would be disappointing not to hit 10k for the pair of these considering there’s likely to be 1000-1800 away fans for both games.

I would guess 8k to 9k for both.
Anything below 8k would be very disappointing.

Those of us who follow the team avidly (and that is all of us on here!) know how important the Rotherham game is. But many of those with a more casual interest aren't going to be that attracted by us playing them, no matter what the league position. It's not the festive 'family' period any longer either. A shade over 8K in total for Saturday I suspect, which would be pretty good, but nowhere near 10k.

About 6,100 home sales earlier on this afternoon. About 250 sales today, so not bad. I think we should be looking at 7,000+ home fans and probably 8,000+ in total, which I think is pretty good. Can't say I ever thought Rotherham would be a 10,000 crowd. Ipswich might have the potential though................

About 6,100 home sales earlier on this afternoon. About 250 sales today, so not bad. I think we should be looking at 7,000+ home fans and probably 8,000+ in total, which I think is pretty good. Can't say I ever thought Rotherham would be a 10,000 crowd. Ipswich might have the potential though................

I'd guess that - all things being equal - midweek January games must be among the lowest attendances.

Thanks for your response.

Was hoping we'd at least break the 9k barrier but based on current sales that seems unlikely which is a shame.

I'd guess that - all things being equal - midweek January games must be among the lowest attendances.
usually that is the case.... Ipswich have taken thier full allocation (dont know how theyre selling though)

My physio is originally from Ipswich area, she used to watch the tractor boys when she was a youngster (invetitably) living on a farm in Norrrrfolk.... her n family are going to the match on tues eve (albeit not in the away section- her kids born n raised in Oxford and her hubby a very occasional at U's home games)

Be very disappointing not to hit 10k again with Rotherham selling 750 tickets as of yesterday evening.

Not looking that good?
Anything below 8,000 would be very disappointing especially with all of the signings this week.
Colin suggested 6,100 sold by tuesday so hopefully there will be at least 7,100 home supporters and over 8k as Rotherham look to be bringing a fair few?

Back
Top Bottom