Roofe sell on?

As Leeds are going well, the other question would be whether we receive a bonus should he help them get promoted?

Presumably both clauses have been drawn into the agreement but one is bound to be worth more than the other.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/wolves-transfer-news-leeds-united-15370441

Palace and Southampton also interested

Do we know if there is a sell on fee with Roofe?

With Kemar under contract 2 more years and 3 reportedly interested clubs having an auction in January...this is potentially very good news for United.

Doubtful Leeds would let him go for less than £8m in today’s world of silly money. Any reasonable percentage for us could be lucrative for us!

That’s assuming...it will comes to us...?

I've heard sell on fees from 0 to 60% bandied around by people "ITK". My guess it is somewhere in between.

I heard when he first signed it was 25% sell on reading offered 7m for him in the summer what's he worth now? 10m in today's market.

I thought DE was fully paid off now. Hopefully it will come to us.
Eales (Ensco) should have been repaid £995,817 on 30 April 2018 and again on 30 September 2018. The final amount of £1,284,074 is due sometime in 2019. If any more transfer fee instalments, sell on clauses, player sales comes in in total exceeding that amount before the final payment date, then the club get to transfer it from the charged bank account. (assuming the first two instalments were paid).

I think Roofe will move to the premiership with Leeds, can’t rally see him wanting to go to Southampton or any other club looking like they could be relegated.
It would be nice to get a cut, but if Leeds go up I think we get one anyway

We would according to the Oxford Mail Twitter feed iirc.
Sell on fees are between the selling club and the team they brought the player from. WBA got their sell on fee from us when we sold to Leeds.

Sell on fees are between the selling club and the team they brought the player from. WBA got their sell on fee from us when we sold to Leeds.

Eh?

Wallop is an Oxford fan afaik so he was talking about Oxford.

Eh?

Wallop is an Oxford fan afaik so he was talking about Oxford.

Arhhh my bad I thought u meant this oxford mail tweet
e8b1845d0e071e00d7e7fc7c9276ab0b.jpg
. Either way it doesn’t matter, we won’t get any money from the sale of roofe

Arhhh my bad I thought u meant this oxford mail tweet
e8b1845d0e071e00d7e7fc7c9276ab0b.jpg
. Either way it doesn’t matter, we won’t get any money from the sale of roofe

That OM tweet is pretty much spot on!

That OM tweet is pretty much spot on!

How ? How do wba get a sell on, two clubs down the line ? We would never make any money?

We pay wba a small fee to buy roofe.

We sell him to Leeds wba take 30-40%

We don’t have a sell on clause with Leeds so we get nothing when they sell him for say £10m

But we then owe wba more money as a sell on ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom