Roofe sell on?

How ? How do wba get a sell on, two clubs down the line ? We would never make any money?

We pay wba a small fee to buy roofe.

We sell him to Leeds they take 30-40%

We don’t have a sell on clause with Leeds so we get nothing when they sell him for say £10m

But we then owe wba more money as a sell on ???

As he came through their Academy I think they get a small % as a part of a development fee but could be wrong.

As he came through their Academy I think they get a small % as a part of a development fee but could be wrong.

That would surely come from Leeds though wouldn’t it? If we’re set to not make a penny, I can’t see how we would owe wba again, after already buying the player, and agreeing the sell on fee to cover his development

That would surely come from Leeds though wouldn’t it? If we’re set to not make a penny, I can’t see how we would owe wba again, after already buying the player, and agreeing the sell on fee to cover his development

I think it was part of the Bosman ruling or a negotiation with the EU.

I thought the only sell on clause we had was if Leeds went up, rather than getting a percentage of a sell on. Something DE put into the deal, apparently

Or maybe he included both options.....smart if he did.......just saying.

My understanding is that WBA received what they were due when we sold him. They cant pick up more money when he is sold again.
It also has been in here numerous times that we dont receive a sell on fee when he is sold again. DE took the money upfront rather than take a sell on fee (if what has constantly has been posted on here is right!)

My understanding is that WBA received what they were due when we sold him. They cant pick up more money when he is sold again.
It also has been in here numerous times that we dont receive a sell on fee when he is sold again. DE took the money upfront rather than take a sell on fee (if what has constantly has been posted on here is right!)
My understanding is that the above is incorrect on both counts (!). I'm not trying to be a smarta*se but rather just sharing what I have been told previously. Hopefully we'll find out if/when Roofe is sold.

My understanding is that the above is incorrect on both counts (!). I'm not trying to be a smarta*se but rather just sharing what I have been told previously. Hopefully we'll find out if/when Roofe is sold.
So what have you been told?

That we have a sell-on and that WBA would receive part of that. This is in line with the OxMail tweet comment. I'm not going to divulge %s.

That we have a sell-on and that WBA would receive part of that. This is in line with the OxMail tweet comment. I'm not going to divulge %s.

Do u have any links to any other players that have commanded a second sell on fee ?

Also if it was the case that there was a sell on with roofe, don’t u think darryl would have included it in the money owed to him as he did with the others like Johnson

Do u have any links to any other players that have commanded a second sell on fee ?

Also if it was the case that there was a sell on with roofe, don’t u think darryl would have included it in the money owed to him as he did with the others like Johnson

No but that doesn't mean it can't happen and re the second point I don't know, you'd have to ask Darryl of others closer to the Tiger deal - let's see what transpires if Roofe is sold.

Sorry, jumping in here.
I would guess DE only included known amounts? I.e roofe hadn't been sold yet, so the sell was an unknown. Johnson has so it was a known quantity.

Can't wait to see what sort of money we get when the club he's going to sells him on again to Real Madrid or PSG. A whole chain of clubs filtering down sell on fees from a £50m price tag.

I somehow doubt this. I have never heard of a sell on clause that goes further than one transfer?
Not impossible I guess , but very unlikely.

Figures being bandied around in the press of £5m so whatever the outcome, my level of interest in this has just waned. I'm surprised Leeds can't get more but they've obviously decided to cash in rather than see him go for free in a year's time.

I thought it wasn't uncommon for a player's original club to get money from future transfers. X% sell on fee as well as X% of our future sell on fee. Surely not difficult to write into a contract.

Roofe IS named under “material contracts”.
fa9c7b4762797eaf39a58fc801459a42.jpg

Though that could just be instalments on the initial transfer rather than a sell on.

Roofe IS named under “material contracts”.
fa9c7b4762797eaf39a58fc801459a42.jpg

Though that could just be instalments on the initial transfer rather than a sell on.
I would say that’s definitely the instalments, but the bit below is interesting, and may allow for such things as sell on clauses ?? Who knows, I’m fairly confident we have no sell on clause. And I have never heard of a double sell on clause, it’s just not practical in this instance, as oufc would make no money

Regardless of any clauses, we would get money for Roofe if he goes to Rangers, as would WBA.

Only if he goes to a different country, though. Remember we had to pay a solidarity fee to Peterhead for Kelleher.

Back
Top Bottom