Ron Saunders

Belgium Yellow

Don't want to take the spotlight away from any of our true supporters.
But Ron Saunders was our manager and apparently did a tremendous job for a year when we were in the second division (before my time). I do remember what he went on to achieve with Villa, if only we'd kept him a bit longer.
RIP

1575749850463.png

RIP Ron Saunders albeit a short tenure, while he was OUFC manager, he steadied the ship so to speak

This was my one and only chance to play for the mighty U’s.
Ron invited all the local lads for a big trial, they transported hundreds of us to a training pitch somewhere. I was useless but still I had my chance
Thanks Ron R.I.P

Ron was brilliant manager for us even thought it was such a short time. He came in at the beginning of March when we were one off the bottom, 3 points from safety (2 points for a win in those days). Turned it all around and we escaped with a game to spare. One thing I can't seem to find but is in the back of my mind is that he converted John Shucker to centre forward who scored some crucial goals that eventually saved us.
Thank you Ron
RIP

• React
Reactions: UTM
Ron was brilliant manager for us even thought it was such a short time. He came in at the beginning of March when we were one off the bottom, 3 points from safety (2 points for a win in those days). Turned it all around and we escaped with a game to spare. One thing I can't seem to find but is in the back of my mind is that he converted John Shucker to centre forward who scored some crucial goals that eventually saved us.
Thank you Ron
RIP
Yes . How over time we forget stuff!

Two or three years before my time as a fan but I do remember his spell at Villa (and other clubs) and he was certainly a top manager back in the day. Had that no nonsense look about him !

I might have the wrong man but I think he was the Birmingham manager who banished Dave Langan to their reserves and made him train with the kids before off loading him to us, so we have something else to thank him for aside of the job he did as manager !

RIP

Definitely one of our managers who had a positive influence on the club. RIP Ron.

Back
Top Bottom