Rochdale v Spurs BBC coverage

Manorlounger

How patronising is Gary Lineker?
It really gets me annoyed at the way any team outside of the Premiership is talked about on TV.

Also their rubbish analysis of the blatant dive penalty in which according to all of them was a penalty as there was contact. They ignored the contact was initiated by the cheat Alli who was already in the air with his dive, which is so very obvious by the replays they showed.

Also their rubbish analysis of the blatant dive penalty in which according to all of them was a penalty as there was contact. They ignored the contact was initiated by the cheat Alli who was already in the air with his dive, which is so very obvious by the replays they showed.
So glad to know we weren't the only ones who saw that. Where was the VAR today? - oh, yes, forgot, this was at little ol' Rochdale - minnows from league 1.

To be fair the top prem clubs are on a different planet financially to the football league now, Spurs are in the top 16 teams in World football so them playing a small, bottom of the table league one club who have spent most of their history in the fourth division is a definite David and Goliath situation, especially when they bring on £300 million worth of substitutes.

But they are still a professional side and they did over do it a bit, went on like Rochdale were a Ryman league side who would be going back to the day jobs tomorrow morning.

Still a great game, at least the BBC picked the right one for once.

Couldn’t agree more about the coverage. Useless.

I thought Ali dived - there was no coverage of the incident.

Was it the milkman that equalised or the bookie?

Harry Kane made his debut here. Give him a medal.

Patronising clap trap.

There was even reference to the new pitch meaning no new players as the budget was spent. And then later it was inferred that Spurs would have, very generously, helped out with paying for the pitch.

At least Sky are openly pro-premiership but they have paid for it. BBC are public funded. Grow up Lineker.

What struck me about the match, predictable though it was, was actually the attitude of the managers! I thought both of them conducted themselves extremely well (IMHO) and both were pragmatic in their summing up.

Nice to learn that Spurs also contributed to the relaying. If we had got this far in the comp perhaps they would have contributed to buying the stadium. (But then I can't see Mr Kasham selling anything to Mr Levy) ... just sayin!?

Thank god we lost Dunkley, he makes so many mistakes against s**t players, barely keeping one of the best sides in the world out tonight, glad we upgraded to Williamson, Mousinho and Martin.

Thank god we lost Dunkley, he makes so many mistakes against s**t players, barely keeping one of the best sides in the world out tonight, glad we upgraded to Williamson, Mousinho and Martin.
Unbelievable the amount of stick he got. Became fashionable in the end and I never saw anything to suggest Raglan is better. I'd snap your arm off to have Dunks back now.

Oh and Wigan are 8-0 up on aggregate against sides managed by catalonians called Pep on aggregate this season.

Lineker 'Wigan Town'

FFS. How hard is it?

Well done Wigan. deserved it tonight.

Unbelievable the amount of stick he got. Became fashionable in the end and I never saw anything to suggest Raglan is better. I'd snap your arm off to have Dunks back now.

Yep. Said at the time that Dunkley got a lot of unfair stick. People used to moan that his headers 'never went near a team mate' but really, that's a nice problem to have. It's easy to notice the misplaced headers when he wins almost every single one.

Yep. Said at the time that Dunkley got a lot of unfair stick. People used to moan that his headers 'never went near a team mate' but really, that's a nice problem to have. It's easy to notice the misplaced headers when he wins almost every single one.

Exactly. He got his head to it pretty much 100% of the time. And it normally went in the correct direction - away from goal. I don’t think anyone realistically expects a defensive header to actually be directed at anyone specific.

Back
Top Bottom