Rochdale Sack Keith Hill

So in League 1 this season the current bottom 4 clubs have all replaced their managers.

Wimbledon, Bradford, Rochdale & B Rovers.

This season has also seen Shrewsbury & Scunthorpe sack their manager, therefore out of the bottom 9 clubs only Gillingham, Oxford & Walsall have not replaced their manager.

So in League 1 this season the current bottom 4 clubs have all replaced their managers.

Wimbledon, Bradford, Rochdale & B Rovers.

This season has also seen Shrewsbury & Scunthorpe sack their manager, therefore out of the bottom 9 clubs only Gillingham, Oxford & Walsall have not replaced their manager.
I should think Walsall are very close to pulling the lever. Then we’ll have to put up with ‘MApp to Walsall’ rumours..

I think it’s a mistake on their part even though they leak goals for fun.
Steve Cotterill till the end of the season?

I think we'll be waiting a very long time - in Karl's post match interview on Saturday, he talked about how tight he was with Tiger and how he won't let anyone (the fans in essence) come between them. He even gave the fist pump salute to our weak board after we scored.

Tiger's management of his manager and his MD, is of huge concern.

I think we'll be waiting a very long time - in Karl's post match interview on Saturday, he talked about how tight he was with Tiger and how he won't let anyone (the fans in essence) come between them. He even gave the fist pump salute to our weak board after we scored.

Tiger's management of his manager and his MD, is of huge concern.
Mmm why he shouldn't give a fist pump to the Board I am not sure.
The bit I heard was how it is better if the whole club including the fans are together. Which seems an obvious comment to make.

Keith Hill has done a fantastic job. Trying to keep clubs punching above their weight can only be done for a certain amount of time.

In their entire football league history, which started in 1921, Rochdale have been promoted three times. Two of those are under Keith Hill in the past decade. Their 8th place finish in 2014-15 was the highest in the club's history (since the football league Division 3/4 stopped being regionalized)

Their average crowd hasn't been above 4000 since the very early 70s.

He's had them punching way above their weight; frankly if any lower league manager deserved the job for as long as he wanted it, it was Keith Hill (or possibly John Coleman at Accrington).

Of all the sackings in League One this year, this was the harshest.

But then Rochdale sacked John Colman too. That was a mistake too

I’ve only just seen that Gary Bowyer is the new Bradford manager. That concerns me a little bit, I think he’ll be a good fit there. I can see him getting them out of trouble.

I’ve only just seen that Gary Bowyer is the new Bradford manager. That concerns me a little bit, I think he’ll be a good fit there. I can see him getting them out of trouble.
Maybe.
The problem that they have is that 2 managers have failed there this season already.
So is it the players that are the problem?

Mmm why he shouldn't give a fist pump to the Board I am not sure.
The bit I heard was how it is better if the whole club including the fans are together. Which seems an obvious comment to make.

Keith Hill has done a fantastic job. Trying to keep clubs punching above their weight can only be done for a certain amount of time.

You don't see managers fist pump when we normally score, when we're trundling along in mid-table obscurity - I remember those days........happy happy days.

They do it when they're under pressure, when the world is against them and when the Chairman has backed you during times of fan discontent.

Tiger is too weak to pull the trigger, that's the rumblings I've been hearing for some time. Karl might be well liked by the players (they need to like him if they are to remain in the team and he's been very sensible in picking out the influential players to support) but that doesn't extend around the rest of the club.

And I am posting this, after back to back wins.........some fan I am...............but I won't change my view for a significant period of time.

You are 100% spot on about Keith Hill - that's some job he's done.

Q6
You don't see managers fist pump when we normally score, when we're trundling along in mid-table obscurity - I remember those days........happy happy days.

They do it when they're under pressure, when the world is against them and when the Chairman has backed you during times of fan discontent.

Tiger is too weak to pull the trigger, that's the rumblings I've been hearing for some time. Karl might be well liked by the players (they need to like him if they are to remain in the team and he's been very sensible in picking out the influential players to support) but that doesn't extend around the rest of the club.

And I am posting this, after back to back wins.........some fan I am...............but I won't change my view for a significant period of time.

And I am posting this, after back to back wins.........some fan I am...............but I won't change my view for a significant pperiod of time.
Two separate points really.
Of course KR has been under a load of pressure rightly so.
So I can't imagine anybody being remotely surprised that he pumped his fist in the direction if those who have backed him. Showing some passion and fire is surely a good thing (one thing whether you like KR or not you can hardly deny)
Whether Tiger should or should not gave pulled the trigger or not? It won't happen this season now I would guess and on that basis I suspect that all fans simply want us to get tob50/52 points asap with KR in charge.

i can’t. they seem to be in a hell of a mess with fans turning on players. i think they’re as good as gone

Back to Keith Hill........my friend and season ticket holder at the Dale said this about the situation:

"People are saying that it has been s**t for two seasons but last season was a bit of a freak IMO, yes we only just stayed up but we had loads of games called off due to the pitch and great cup run. We were actually playing decent football in the main but drawing games we should have won and losing games we should have drawn by just the odd goal.

This season has been very different however & has been pretty grim especially from a defensive point of view with 74 goals conceded in 35 games. Results since Boxing Day 2018 :-

Played - 11
Won - 1
Drawn - 1
Lost - 9
For - 9
Against -31

4 points from a possible 33 & no signs of improvement really despite a transfer window.

Add to that Hills abrasive personality which rubs people up the wrong way and the way he snipes at the fans and a lot of people were very unhappy.

His past achievements speak for themselves - 2 Promotions, 2 Playoff campaigns, 2 trips to Wembley, Our Best Ever FA Cup campaign, A Record League 1 points tally twice. A Record High League One Finish Twice, And a Record-Equalling 5th Season in the 3rd Division.

You can spin it both ways TBH but I would be kidding myself if I didn’t admit the situation didn’t have a touch of the Wengers about it".

Whichever way you look at it, those achievements for a club like Rochdale under Hill are superb.

Back
Top Bottom