Manager/Coach Robinson

southcoastyellow

I know there is always a reaction after losing a game (or three) but does anyone believe that KR will build a winning team? I think he works hard and seems to care about the club. I just don’t feel he has the qualities to build a consistently winning successful team- hopefully I’m wrong, but I do question if giving him a 3 year deal was wise move by the board??

Plenty of clubs have gambled on a succession of managers because they weren't successful enough, and have slipped back a division.

The framework behind everything is very positive. A little perseverance and it should all come together.

KR will be a success here but it all depends what fans class as success. A top half finish and a good cup run is a good season for me.

If you take attendances and income into account then we are no more than a lower league 1/top half league 2 team.

The squad we have is a very very good one that I think in a few months will really come together.

KR will be a success here but it all depends what fans class as success. A top half finish and a good cup run is a good season for me.

If you take attendances and income into account then we are no more than a lower league 1/top half league 2 team.

The squad we have is a very very good one that I think in a few months will really come together.

No ambition?

To get Oxford to be a consistently winning team at this level is quite an ask. We are not one of the big teams. I don't know how or budget rates but would think it may be upper mid table. Therefore a decent manager should be able to achieve this (which KR sis last season).

It's too early to judge this season. But its not quite what we had hoped for. Certainly on paper we have a strong squad and given time it probably will be molded into a more consistent team. Lets see how the next few games go. Then we can tell if its just a mediocre start or if there are bigger problems.

I think match fitness is playing a big part ... were good/great for 30 minutes then start fading so yes another game or two and little tinker here and there I think we will start to see a different team .... coyy

No ambition?
Charlton had ambition when they sacked Curbishley in the Premier League. Same with Bolton and Allardyce. Both sank like stones through the divisions not long afterwards.

Look at Ipswich last season. Got rid of McCarthy because they were fed up of 14th place finishes, and ended up finishing bottom of the league.

So many people were putting the board to task because they weren't releasing long term plans for the club. Robinson is part of the long term plan. We're building cultures and philosophies and academies.

But we lost 3 in a row! Teams do that sometimes. It's not great, but it's part of an improvement process.

Charlton had ambition when they sacked Curbishley in the Premier League. Same with Bolton and Allardyce. Both sank like stones through the divisions not long afterwards.

Look at Ipswich last season. Got rid of McCarthy because they were fed up of 14th place finishes, and ended up finishing bottom of the league.

So many people were putting the board to task because they weren't releasing long term plans for the club. Robinson is part of the long term plan. We're building cultures and philosophies and academies.

But we lost 3 in a row! Teams do that sometimes. It's not great, but it's part of an improvement process.
I think Bolton and Ipswich fans were fed up with the brand of football on offer though I see what you are getting at, by the same token as a fan set I don,t think we would be happy of a continual 14th place playing an equally negative/boring style of football.

we’re an odd bunch ain’t we.
people exploding cos we didn’t get players in, then we did and KR and Tiger are all on top of xmas card list.
start the season strong and we’re going to have a shot at promotion and now we’ve lost it’s all doom again.
just waiting for the Tigers got no money so can’t be sacked line to pop up and on it goes.

We've got a much better squad this season, and it was always going to take time for the team to settle into a rhythm, but after an awful start last season, Robbo did really well to turn things around, and from October onwards, we were one of the form teams for the rest of the season, I trust Robbo to get this squad firing on all cylinders soon.

I said just before the start of the season, that August and September were gonna be tricky months, while all the new signings got settled and up to speed, and players got used to playing together, and as long as we didn't lose too much ground on the top 8 during that time, then I fancied us to be up there come the end of the season.

I've seen nothing so far to change my opinion on that.

Back
Top Bottom