Manager/Coach Robinson. Stay or go?

Should Robinson stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting comment. Does he mean people employed at the club?

I think he’s just been reading our forum and got the general feeling of us Oxford fans tbh. His post was longer than I copied and pasted but that was the interesting bit, apart from he wrongly put that we hate Northampton but that’s geographical naivety I reckon.

For those interested in that sort of thing...both teams similar attacking wise, Plymouth give up a shed load of chances and could be in a far worse position. Tough to believe, I know. We just need as much pace in the team as possible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 12.18.55.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 12.18.55.png
    161.1 KB · Views: 17
If we don’t win tomorrow he has to go but I’m not certain he will. I can see us being all over them (same old story) and getting hit on the break losing 1-0. Hope I’m wrong..........

For those interested in that sort of thing...both teams similar attacking wise, Plymouth give up a shed load of chances and could be in a far worse position. Tough to believe, I know. We just need as much pace in the team as possible.

Surpirsed our xg is worst in the league. I got the impression our chances created was decent (middle of the park) but problem was conversion.

There is no magic, robust system in football. KR will live and die by his stubbornness to stick to "his" 1-up-front formation. Margins are fine in L1 and other teams get wise. We are easy to neutralise. All you need to do is defend higher up and especially the two wings and have a sweeper behind. Teams have forced our wingers very wide (Norman a good example) and made it hard to get crosses (into an otherwise empty box) Its not good enough that we create zero chances and not one shot on goal, at home, versus mediocre opposition. Mackie creates space by being physical and drawing defenders but we have been too tippy tappy and only Shandon/Holmes looks willing to really run at players or into the gaps created. If we are outnumbered in the midfield we end up chasing shadows and leaving huge gaps and dont seem to have a plan B. Every team needs to be dynamic enough to change a formation when we are not getting a kick. KR just buries his head in the s(t)and and hopes we defend and then hit them on the break, but we end up conceding and then never looking likely to come back and win/concede more pushing too hard. Its sad that we only have "nice" JO up front, Movement is appalling and a true striker needs to do better with the 1 in 5 crosses he gets anywhere near. Would I take back Thomas or Hemmings now? Jees I would rather play James Roberts. The game has moved on - teams doing well have a plan B, C D etc. Robinson stuck in a time warp. Its admirable that he wants to play from the back but first and foremost we need to start winning the midfield and dominating possession and make ourselves difficult to beat.

The ramblings are becoming more unmeasured. Like a spitting cat already. I can feel a tyrant coming on akin and not seen since Kevin Keegan. He is always saying the players need to learn from their mistakes yet he continues to refuse to keep his mouth shut.

To be fair to talk of comparing Robbo and Mapp is crazy because in the laters case it's with hindsight

Robbo did show against the best team in Europe that he can be tactically aware, we kept our shape and discipline and defended pretty well it was only when we tried to push a few forward in the later stages of the game that they did what they do to all teams punished us on the break.

Everyone knows where the problem lay and as i commented at the time if the staff,players have no confidence in our alleged strikers and they fail to keep the ball make runs and stick the ball in the net then that gives more of the ball to our opponents and the added pressure towards our goal.

Mapp eventually sorted the issues and that turned out fine, unfortunately the only way we will know if Robbo can do similar is with hindsight.

Whether Tiger or whoever is prepared or even bothered whilst alleged other matters occupy their minds is another subject

With Whyte out do we have a lot of pace? Is Smith quick? Hard to tell as he hasn’t done much in his short time here but playing a more mobile forward might pay off today.

I joked with Eastwood who was standing in the tunnel at the Man City game “can you play up front Easty? His reply “I could probably do better” Tongue in cheek I know but it says it all really.

If Easty comes back the keeper he was, he is worth a goal a game. He maybe made us look respectable whereas without him we have looked like conceding 3 a game.

With Whyte out do we have a lot of pace? Is Smith quick? Hard to tell as he hasn’t done much in his short time here but playing a more mobile forward might pay off today.

Have watched how Plymouth generally concede. They are slow at the back. Balls in to the channels and behind the back 4 the way to go today. I think Smith would play that the best....just an opinion however

Have watched how Plymouth generally concede. They are slow at the back. Balls in to the channels and behind the back 4 the way to go today. I think Smith would play that the best....just an opinion however

Well Robinson said about using Obika’s pace, so I guess that’s the solution! I’m just glad that Ian Wright’s has an influence on our strikers!!

Suggestions on sky Luton may lose Jones to Brentford.
Maybe Luton could come in for KR? Don't know what we would do without him!! Good shout for them though!:eek:

Suggestions on sky Luton may lose Jones to Brentford.
Maybe Luton could come in for KR? Don't know what we would do without him!! Good shout for them though!:eek:
I will drive him wherever. But would have to stuff a cabbage in his gobshite mouth.

You were right in how to play them and they couldn't cope with Browne's pace

I reckon if Jones goes to Brentford a perfect fit for them would be Derek Adams, after all he’d most likely be a free agent tomorrow

Surpirsed our xg is worst in the league. I got the impression our chances created was decent (middle of the park) but problem was conversion.

Have updated this following the weekend.

Our xG now 15...with 13 now scored. The real issue is conceding 5 goals above our xG against. Our conversion (using shots on target) is around 23%...i need to read around it however i *think* the expected conversion is around 25%.

As an aside, both peterborough and Fleetwood hugely out performing xG. Accrington showing the value of a reasonable defence.

Looking to the next couple of matches, Bristol and Shrewbury appear to have serious issues converting.....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 11.47.10.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-15 at 11.47.10.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom