Manager/Coach Robinson. Stay or go?

Should Robinson stay or go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apart from the fact the kid seems to have chosen all the broken and nasty tasting sweets that nobody else will eat[emoji848]

Ifollow interview said Marcus Browne has been out for 6 weeks. Fairly sure I watched him less than a month ago away at Wycombe.

Lieing in a press conference about how long ‘the best player in the league’ has been out for. How very desperate.

The loss itself in isolation doesn’t matter with it being in this competition.

What is more of a concern is that a fairly strong side, albeit not full strength, lost at home to a side from the league below and sounded like it was probably just about deserved.

The way he spoke about a goal last night was as if long distance goals shouldn’t count, it was ridiculous

One thing the puzzles me is that last season, when KR came in he assessed the players we had, relatively quickly organised us and got rid of the deadwood. Personally I was amazed at how well we were playing, considering haw terrible we were.
So how has he managed to go backwards to a level below Pep? Yet I think most would agree on paper we have better players?

Not sure how to feel about it all now after last night. I’m really trying to stay positive as there’s nothing else we as fans can do. I still think with the likes of Nelson and Holmes to come back in that we’ll have enough to see off Plymouth on Saturday, who by all accounts were also woeful last night. It’s not going to be a classic on Saturday that’s for sure! But I have to say Robinson is really worrying me now. When watching his pre-match interview on ifollow I was really surprised at his body language. His smugness and arrogance seems to have cranked up another notch. The post match interview on RO also smacked of the same. He rambles on like someone who’s now got used to not being challenged by anyone. I really think we’re seeing what happens when somebody with the wrong type of character gets given too much power and free reign. It’s like a child being let loose in a sweet shop.

Its all good having the arrogance, but i doubt he will be so smug when he has relegation from league 1 on his CV.

Everyone is at a cross roads. Do we accept Tiger wont pull the trigger and support what we are stuck with. Or continue with 'Robinson out' which doesnt really help the team.

Saturday will all be about the team giving the fans something to back. 20mins of passing it around the back with the occasional 25 yard shot isnt going to cut it

One thing the puzzles me is that last season, when KR came in he assessed the players we had, relatively quickly organised us and got rid of the deadwood. Personally I was amazed at how well we were playing, considering haw terrible we were.
So how has he managed to go backwards to a level below Pep? Yet I think most would agree on paper we have better players?
This is the ......million dollar question..KR did say as an aside last night that he had "a few internal questions' himself..hanging on his every utterance atm what did he mean??

Its all good having the arrogance, but i doubt he will be so smug when he has relegation from league 1 on his CV.

Everyone is at a cross roads. Do we accept Tiger wont pull the trigger and support what we are stuck with. Or continue with 'Robinson out' which doesnt really help the team.

Saturday will all be about the team giving the fans something to back. 20mins of passing it around the back with the occasional 25 yard shot isnt going to cut it

Particularly as long range goals don’t count!

The loss itself in isolation doesn’t matter with it being in this competition.

What is more of a concern is that a fairly strong side, albeit not full strength, lost at home to a side from the league below and sounded like it was probably just about deserved.

The way he spoke about a goal last night was as if long distance goals shouldn’t count, it was ridiculous
He also said that last night didn’t matter, it’s all about preparation for Saturday. So losing at home to a team near the bottom of league 2 is good preparation is it?! Little he says makes much sense at the moment..

I wasn't there, Jerome, but perhaps he feels last night got the team into shape for the Plymouth defeat?

Dont see what difference beating Plymouth makes if we cant beat anyone else in the division. Its 3 down.

Four weeks to the FA Cup First Round. Drawn away to a non-league club.............makes me shudder just thinking about it. I know what everyone will say. "Its the league that counts". Even so...

Four weeks to the FA Cup First Round. Drawn away to a non-league club.............makes me shudder just thinking about it. I know what everyone will say. "Its the league that counts". Even so...
Away to 'city ...if they get through the final qualifying round?:unsure:

Would've been nice if it had looked like the league counted up to this point too. Getting gubbed by the Rose & Crown 2nds really shouldn't make a difference - all it will do is confirm what we already know and what has been staring us in the face for the vast majority of games these last 10 or so weeks.

Does anyone have any cause for optimism on the playing side.....anything at all??

Would've been nice if it had looked like the league counted up to this point too. Getting gubbed by the Rose & Crown 2nds really shouldn't make a difference - all it will do is confirm what we already know and what has been staring us in the face for the vast majority of games these last 10 or so weeks.

Does anyone have any cause for optimism on the playing side.....anything at all??

Absolutely not!!!

On the bright side Robinson still has a win better record than Rix and Kemp!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Robinson
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Oxford_United_F.C._managers
On a serious note, it looks like dismissing a under performing managers after approx 30 games is quite normal.
Appleton had a slow start as well, and I remember people calling for his head, however, he soon realised plan A didn’t work and reverted to plan B. I have the feeling with Robinson that he has lost confidence with the system and subsequently started to tinker without really getting the commitment and buy-in from the players.
It’s a similar issue with Man Utd at the moment (albeit they have players that can scrape a result). Successful teams have a system that the players understand and are drilled day after day. If you are organised you will pick up results.
It’s nice to have attractive passing football, but organisation and the basics should come first. As confidence builds, so can the style of football.

Just read this on Plymouth’s forum, they’ve got it worked out alright....

“Oxford have a poor manager but a generally promising team. Eastwood, Nelse, James Henry, Marcus Browne (loaner from West Ham), Baptiste, young direct midfielder- all quality players. Also Gavin Whyte who scored for N Ireland on his debut. They lack a striker and a coherent system . Robinson is a scam artist of a manager who does self publicity well enough but no one at Oxford I know is convinced.”

Just read this on Plymouth’s forum, they’ve got it worked out alright....

“Oxford have a poor manager but a generally promising team. Eastwood, Nelse, James Henry, Marcus Browne (loaner from West Ham), Baptiste, young direct midfielder- all quality players. Also Gavin Whyte who scored for N Ireland on his debut. They lack a striker and a coherent system . Robinson is a scam artist of a manager who does self publicity well enough but no one at Oxford I know is convinced.
Interesting comment. Does he mean people employed at the club?

Back
Top Bottom