Robinson is a clown

Well if Garbutt is on 27000 a week at Everton Riccardhnio should be on 150000

I think 2000 a week would have been about right

Also we really should have tried harder for Kane but his wage demands must have been beyond us
Kane went to Hull.... We could have tried as hard as we wanted but he would Always have gone to Hull surely??

KR seems to think that we’re having bad luck, but I wouldn’t say that’s the way I’ve seen it so far. May be he meant we’re lucky that we haven’t conceded more goals.

KR seems to think that we’re having bad luck, but I wouldn’t say that’s the way I’ve seen it so far. May be he meant we’re lucky that we haven’t conceded more goals.
I have not seen him suggest that losing has been due to bad luck?
Clearly losing Eastwood and Caruthers especially ha e been bad luck.
KR has been suggesting a lack of belief, not doing in games what the players have been doing in training etc.
Regardless this week's games gives the team a chance to get some points on the board so lets hope everybody is behind them

I have not seen him suggest that losing has been due to bad luck?
Clearly losing Eastwood and Caruthers especially ha e been bad luck.
KR has been suggesting a lack of belief, not doing in games what the players have been doing in training etc.
Regardless this week's games gives the team a chance to get some points on the board so lets hope everybody is behind them

He was referring to games in general, not injuries etc.

With what happened after the game, with players seeking lone council on the pitch and KR at pains to explain training techniques, as he sought Council with the press, you do wonder what is going on regarding unity.

Leadership comes from the top. With Tiger away so much who does KR actually discuss things with, Eales?

Who owns the club, has the actual sale gone through, hence a fudged transfer window?

With what happened after the game, with players seeking lone council on the pitch and KR at pains to explain training techniques, as he sought Council with the press, you do wonder what is going on regarding unity.

Leadership comes from the top. With Tiger away so much who does KR actually discuss things with, Eales?

Who owns the club, has the actual sale gone through, hence a fudged transfer window?

This isnt the 1920s. The fact tiger is abroad is irrelevant to the level of communication. I agree there are always benefits to face to face but with countless mediums of communications these days the fact Tiger is "away so much" in no way means KR and him can't keep in touch. Infact KR has said multiple times he is daily contact with Tiger.

I do agree there may be unity issues, at least within the team, partly indicated by the fact we are not playing like a team on the pitch, clearly contributing to our poor results. Are the players losing faith in KR? Maybe. Getting battered instills alot of emotion.

Your last statement about ownership is drivel and doesn't even deserve a response. I hope no one wastes time doing so.

Last edited:
I believe the on the pitch players meetings is something Mapp started and encouraged

Iam sure I heard Karl say after Barnsley in the dressing room he asks them if they had any complaints about him or the way the management set the team up" No ok "so then its up to them to have their say amongst themselves. Hopefully this is all after a proper warm down rather than just lounging about on the centre circle.

It's encouraging self review, criticism and development, rather than a manager just ranting and raving. Peer pressure to take on more responsibility, etc

I think KR deserves some time and knows that he may struggle to get another job if he fails but...
Garbutt and Mackie are not match fit. They should play in the U23 till fit KR may have recognised this with the subs at Portsmouth.
Dickie and Nelson will never work without some help from the fullbacks.
Hanson maybe a good midfielder enforcer but him and Brannigan need help hence the Jem Carcaran deal which fell through either play Mous there or go back in for him if finances permits but surely KR knew this before signing Hanson for a very decent amount of money for a league one club?
He knew Holmes and I presume knew how to mange him from last season but must have known how crazy this was after losing Sammi?
I personally still find the loss of Ca͏r͏rol completely baffling and think he would of been useful in our present situation which KR knew about.
The goalkeeper problem still completely flummoxes me. What is Shearers role at the club? Team mascot when his back is up to it? Stevens must be wondering what he needs to do when a reserve with less or similar first team experience comes in.

I think KR deserves some time and knows that he may struggle to get another job if he fails but...
Garbutt and Mackie are not match fit. They should play in the U23 till fit KR may have recognised this with the subs at Portsmouth.
Dickie and Nelson will never work without some help from the fullbacks.
Hanson maybe a good midfielder enforcer but him and Brannigan need help hence the Jem Carcaran deal which fell through either play Mous there or go back in for him if finances permits but surely KR knew this before signing Hanson for a very decent amount of money for a league one club?
He knew Holmes and I presume knew how to mange him from last season but must have known how crazy this was after losing Sammi?
I personally still find the loss of Ca͏r͏rol completely baffling and think he would of been useful in our present situation which KR knew about.
The goalkeeper problem still completely flummoxes me. What is Shearers role at the club? Team mascot when his back is up to it? Stevens must be wondering what he needs to do when a reserve with less or similar first team experience comes in.

Kararacan signed for Milwall

Kararacan signed for Milwall
I hadn’t realised that. He’s apparently signed until January so I suppose there’s a chance we’ll go back in for him then if things don’t work out at Millwall. Having said that, listening to his words it seems we were never really in with a shout.

Karacan told Millwall's website: "I played with the manager [Neil Harris], so I know him well. As soon as I heard of the interest it was a no-brainer."

Maybe a bit of a shame we wasted so much time on him.

Three games in and trying to be pragmatic but we seem to have several issues. 1) same old - brought in players who are not fit - in their interviews pre season they all said their fitness was good and all claimed to have had a good pre season and then we are told they are short of game time 2) Unlucky with injuries to key players 3) Lack of commitment/work rate from "key" players - we were told how Smith had been on fire pre season in the interviews, so much so that we were lucky to have him - so far not enough work rate - do they understand the KR system and how he wants t play? It is not rocket science. It probably wont get you promoted but also wont get you relegated. 4) KR system has always been one up top and attacking wing backs. His interview this morning he said "the players don't like it" and so whatever went on pre season or in training he doesnt seem to be able to pick a team (from a large squad) who will willingly play the way he wants - could the late incomers be causing friction as we were doing it pre? This is really worrying - seems almost like a mini revolution may be going on - Curtis amongst it? What happened to the DNA check? 5) It seems clear that the funds were not there to sign players and so Tiger may be the notional owner but so far may not have been able to fund us to the level he wants. The platers we got were maybe way down the list although Holmes was an excellent signing (if can stay fit). We have done well with premier kids in the past, but at 25 you need to have played more games and it seems that LG is struggling in a position we have little cover. 6) I am not sure KR knows his best squad - either that or he has some people in it who he thought would be first on the sheet but just arent performing and are currently a liability - maybe after 3 losses some have already given up. Does he continue to pick his better out of form players or does he go to the youths - risky at this stage with zero points.

If he has disruption in the squad he needs to stamp it out now. If it is loanees, send them back and replace. What we have needed for years is a good sports psychologist to make sure confidence levels never drop. It cant be expensive. If we have one, he isnt doing his job.

So the call for KR to go is too premature. His making of a manager will be to turn us around. He waffles (blamed Eastwood injury for not being able to play out from the back - surely goalkeeping coaches can cover this in 2 minutes where Mitchell should be distributing to) - he needs to decide whether we are or arent feeling sorry for ourselves and not contradict himself daily. When the text come from Tiger, Eales and others after Pompey, saying they are behind him, he needs to know that the vultures are starting to circle. They will come closer and closer, sitting beside him at matches and being there on his shoulder, but like an old mafia movie, one will have a cheese cutter in his pocket.

We are only three games in. Grant you it is the performances that are the worry rather than just the results. We are better than this. To change manager though is not justified at this stage and would send us down. Unless Appleton has been lined up again - in truth the ONLY manager I would replace KR with if they decide to go for the jugular

Last edited:
Three games in and trying to be pragmatic but we seem to have several issues. 1) same old - brought in players who are not fit - in their interviews pre season they all said their fitness was good and all claimed to have had a good pre season and then we are told they are short of game time 2) Unlucky with injuries to key players 3) Lack of commitment/work rate from "key" players - we were told how Smith had been on fire pre season in the interviews, so much so that we were lucky to have him - so far not enough work rate - do they understand the KR system and how he wants t play? It is not rocket science. It probably wont get you promoted but also wont get you relegated. 4) KR system has always been one up top and attacking wing backs. His interview this morning he said "the players don't like it" and so whatever went on pre season or in training he doesnt seem to be able to pick a team (from a large squad) who will willingly play the way he wants - could the late incomers be causing friction as we were doing it pre? This is really worrying - seems almost like a mini revolution may be going on - Curtis amongst it? What happened to the DNA check? 5) It seems clear that the funds were not there to sign players and so Tiger may be the notional owner but so far may not have been able to fund us to the level he wants. The platers we got were maybe way down the list although Holmes was an excellent signing (if can stay fit). We have done well with premier kids in the past, but at 25 you need to have played more games and it seems that LG is struggling in a position we have little cover. 6) I am not sure KR knows his best squad - either that or he has some people in it who he thought would be first on the sheet but just arent performing and are currently a liability - maybe after 3 losses some have already given up. Does he continue to pick his better out of form players or does he go to the youths - risky at this stage with zero points.

If he has disruption in the squad he needs to stamp it out now. If it is loanees, send them back and replace. What we have needed for years is a good sports psychologist to make sure confidence levels never drop. It cant be expensive. If we have one, he isnt doing his job.

So the call for KR to go is too premature. His making of a manager will be to turn us around. He waffles (blamed Eastwood injury for not being able to play out from the back - surely goalkeeping coaches can cover this in 2 minutes where Mitchell should be distributing to) - he needs to decide whether we are or arent feeling sorry for ourselves and not contradict himself daily. When the text come from Tiger, Eales and others after Pompey, saying they are behind him, he needs to know that the vultures are starting to circle. They will come closer and closer, sitting beside him at matches and being there on his shoulder, but like an old mafia movie, one will have a cheese cutter in his pocket.

We are only three games in. Grant you it is the performances that are the worry rather than just the results. We are better than this. To change manager though is not justified at this stage and would send us down. Unless Appleton has been lined up again - in truth the ONLY manager I would replace KR with if they decide to go for the jugular
Definitely too soon to think about replacing Robinson but I have to say that his communication skills - something that I thought was a big plus point to start with ( the first radio phone in springs to mind) are now starting to grate on me a bit. He’s beginning to remind me of a ‘slick’ salesman, all patter and platitudes but no substance. He does seem an up front type of man though - he’ll know he’s in a cut throat business and he needs results fast. One thing I will say though, if it does come to it and he does need to be replaced, I hope Tiger has a contingency plan in place - that doesn’t involve Faz! - and things get implemented a heck of a lot quicker than last time. I couldn’t face any more messages from him asking for patience and ‘wow’ factors etc.

Yes, 5.00pm next Saturday will be the time to ask the question - if we only have 1 point (or 0) by then KR will be looking over his shoulder. Regarding Tiger, I have always said I do not reckon he personally has the funds we need neither do I think our NET spend this summer has been enough & in line with what he promised.

Appleton will NOT want to take a backward step by coming here!! Period.

You're right. I can't even remember the last time I saw the players sharing a pinch of snuff before kick off.

Back
Top Bottom