Robinson is a clown

Let's say he did go (Very Unlikely in my opinion, but let's say it was true.(Even though it's not.) I'd love MAPP back. If not then Bowyer would have to be the number one replacement.

With Eales still being a shareholder albeit a minor one, I would be very surprised if MApp would come back unless Eales has no input on day to day business (I don’t know if he does or not). Most likely outcome IF there was any substance to the rumour would be Derry takes charge as caretaker until a time he proves himself or the board deem a suitable replacement to have been found. I think it’s highly unlikely Robinson won’t be our manager on Monday.

It’s definitely complete bullsh*t. No mention of it anywhere else on the internet

We should NEVER be sacking a manager after 3 games (2 of them tough away games!). 7 or 8 without a win would be hard for Tiger to not consider it. Robbo probably has another 4 games to get results, although I’d give him at least 10.

Last edited:
Just for comparison, Appleton's first 10 games in league 1 were: win 3, draw 3, lose 4. By 20 games we had still only won 7 games, drawn 5 and lost 8.

In his first block of 5 games we only had 4 points. Robinson could still achieve 6 and I believe we are more than capable than doing that against Accrington and Burton.

Wanting a manager sacked after 3 games is ridiculous. As is writing off players after 3 games. If we are still in the same position after 10 - 12 games then it's safe to say Tiger will need to be looking at his options.

Just for comparison, Appleton's first 10 games in league 1 were: win 3, draw 3, lose 4. By 20 games we had still only won 7 games, drawn 5 and lost 8.

In his first block of 5 games we only had 4 points. Robinson could still achieve 6 and I believe we are more than capable than doing that against Accrington and Burton.

Wanting a manager sacked after 3 games is ridiculous. As is writing off players after 3 games. If we are still in the same position after 10 - 12 games then it's safe to say Tiger will need to be looking at his options.
Slight difference KR has had a full pre-season, MApp came in later.

• React
Reactions: Ian
We should NEVER be sacking a manager after 3 games (2 of them tough away games!). 7 or 8 without a win would be hard for Tiger to not consider it. Robbo probably has another 4 games to get results, although I’d give him at least 10.
7 or 8 without a win , we going to get relegated, 10 I presumed you mean no actual win we’ll be relegated bottom of the league.

If we lose 9 in a row I certainly wouldn’t give him 10!

We’ve got two ideal fixtures coming up that will provide a real opportunity to take the pressure off. 4/6 points and everyone will relax a little bit, then we can move forward and see what this squad is really made of. Anything less than 3 and the heat will definitely be on..

So, all these comparisons are unfairly bias one way or the other!
At least KR has a better record here than Waddock....

I think one thing KR has got wrong is to send Malachi Napa out on loan. KR must of known the injury issues, and fitness levels of Holmes,Hall,Mackie, and Henry struggling atm. Napa would of been ideal until the others got fit, unless of course Napa kept them out because of form.

Slight difference KR has had a full pre-season, MApp came in later.

I think we can disregard preseason. It was an utter shambles and has left us with a totally unfit disjointed bunch of crocks, for all Robbos waffle.

Alarm bells rang for me at MK Dons where it became apparent we werent very good (or fit) but put that down to an off day.

We are in effect starting preseason again and catching up from thrre.

It’s largely academic as MApp is won’t be coming back but I don’t think he’d be the right fit to sort things out.

MApp is a builder. He’s not one to fix things in a short space of time. We were largely crap for much of 2014-15 as he signed and released players regularly until he had the right mix here - he brought in the likes of Collins, Brown, Rasulo etc and equally got rid of them all within a season whilst finding ones worth keeping like MacDonald, Taylor, Roofe and so on. It wasn’t a quick fix by any means.

My issue this season has been the same as what happened in 2014-15. We’ve signed key components to our squad far too late for them to gel, most aren’t fit and yet have to play and everyone is unsure of their roles. The differnence between the two is that MApp joined in July and didn’t have as much time. KR has been here since late March. If he did identify his players early and didn’t get then until late, is that his fault or the upper management’s?

Lots of questions to be answered still.

What I find hard to work out is that KR had the back end of last season and the whole of pre season to work out what was needed.
He told us he had a list of players and Tiger had not said no to getting any of them. He also told us he had never had this amount of money to spend.
We all know Carruthers was the number one target,and Browne looks promising(both loans)but apart from them I am totally unimpressed with the other signings,especially the full backs and Mackie.
We all know we are very short of players up front and Obika was never his first choice last season so how come we only get one striker.
Robinson can build good teams.I was very impressed with Charlton when we played them,free flowing attacking football.However I just can't work out what is going on with his signings at present.

I am not sure as to the similarities with Appleton. MA came in at the very, very end of the summer transfer window with the new owners and was heavily dependent on loans in his first season whilst simultaneously clearing out all the dead wood post-Cambridge. Despite that, he succeeded in getting Oxford to 13th in the table and the following year, once he had had a proper summer transfer window, we were promoted and reached the final at Wembley. KR had 10 matches last season to look at the team and then a full summer window to buy what he wanted – if he didn’t get what he wanted, one has to assume that either the owner wouldn’t stump up the money or KR couldn’t persuade the player to come to Oxford – so it could even be suggested, possibly unfairly, that he is in the same place as MA at the start of what was his promotion/cup final season.

I think we can disregard preseason. It was an utter shambles and has left us with a totally unfit disjointed bunch of crocks, for all Robbos waffle.

Alarm bells rang for me at MK Dons where it became apparent we werent very good (or fit) but put that down to an off day.

We are in effect starting preseason again and catching up from thrre.
Why was it a shambles then?

The next 2 games will be crucial. If we lose both and perform badly the rot could really set in. I know it is early in the season but we do seem particularly shambolic and the manager needs to take the blame for that.

You forget that everyone on this forum thought Garbutt was a great signing,was he wanted by Leeds? and chose us.
Smith was also thought to be a great player and had offers from other clubs.
We offered Richardinho another contract but he turned that down to play in the top level in Holland.

Richardinho left because KR wanted to cut his wages, possibly to help fund Garbutt's. What a pratt!

• React
Reactions: Ian
Richardinho left because KR wanted to cut his wages, possibly to help fund Garbutt's. What a pratt!
Out of interest what do you think a fair weekly wage would have been for Richardinho? I'm curious to see what people think he was worth a week.

Back
Top Bottom