Robinson is a clown

Shaun Rice

Had to edit this post.
What an absolute clown KR has become.
Signed some absolute donkeys in the summer. No wonder our season was over within 10 games.
Even with a reasonable first 11 now he can’t seem to organise them.
He blames everyone and everything but himself and worst of all I bet he believes the s**t he keeps shovelling.
I’m not sure I can stand to listen to another interview, it’s just drivel.
He obviously lucked out at MK to get them promoted and now we know why Charlton fans hated him.
I would rather have Pep in charge than this idiot.
He’ll never leave because he’s too stubborn and Tiger is too weak to sack him. What an absolute mess. We’re in AGAIN!

Last edited:
I'm glad this thread was started, apart from the fact that it replies to the drivel of YawntobeHollow's odious contributions, it sums up the man's achievement so far. He clearly inherited a s**t storm of a situation and has managed to put us in a position of credibility for next season.

YES. At last, not that foul poisonous shite of a thread title in the other post. Admin should shut that one down, delete it. No room for negativity.

Amongst many others, I was really pleased KR came here, and he's proving himself already.

Great interview as well today. Bring on next season.

I was worried when we appointed him. Although he has had success, finishing 5,5,8,10,2 with MK Dons he couldn’t keep them in the Championship and switched to Charlton in 2016 where he left them in what 7th place. Lots of Charlton fans weren’t sorry to see him go and his antics on the touch line seemed OTT.
He knows his stuff, has motivated the players to a level above their station and I can’t wait for next season. He talks so well on the radio and the players seem to have taken to him.

He’s also very very blunt in interviews. I’m not sure if I like that, to be honest. Purely because he gives a very clear message about the players at a very crucial time of the season. Not sure what Canice must have thought after the pre-match interview!

KR has made us competitive again. We've been in with a chance of getting something out of every game under his management. The only defeat by more than a single goal was Portsmouth and even then the game only severely went against us after the penalty incident. Compare this to the surrenders to Bury (away), Port Vale and Wigan. Even some of the single goal defeats eg Cheltenham and Bury (home) were embarrassing. He always strikes me as a man with a plan and we have needed that for a while.

Some of those who claim to be U's fans are pathetic little tossers who whine and bitch about everything.

Fact is KR is a decent manager with passion and will fight and do whatever he can to get his team a result.

I wish some of those who bitch and moan had the same passion!

All credit to Robinson. It's going to be interesting to see the squad changes this summer.
And thank heavens for this thread...too many people feeding the troll ego behind that overblown anti-Robinson thread.

Some of those who claim to be U's fans are pathetic little tossers who whine and bitch about everything.

Fact is KR is a decent manager with passion and will fight and do whatever he can to get his team a result.

I wish some of those who bitch and moan had the same passion!

I think they do, they just channel it into being the most miserable people they can be. Must be exhausting. It’s certainly gets tiresome having to hear it all the time.

Robinson has done well. We’re looking better and much harder to beat - conceded just 2 in the last 6 and they were late goals. I’m still excited by his appointment and feel the best is definitely yet to come. I’m really looking forward to close season so he can put on his best Arthur Daley hat and get down to business; it could then be a very exciting season next year. Here’s hoping!

Credit to KR. Living in Spain I subscribe to iplayer and see all the games live (miss being there though). This team has been galvanised and has grown some balls. There is more of a collective fight and spirit. Again all the credit to KR.

Some of the finest footballing brains have been telling us that Oxford are a basketcase of a club, with a skint/dodgy owner who is never in the country, no one running the club day to day, a squad of injured has beens and no was beens, a coaching set up without a clue and no future due to an asset stripping former owner. Yet somehow, Robinson has come in and transformed the team into one that is hard to beat, and able to dig out the results to keep us save and maybe even lower midtable.

Is Robinson the man? He's a bloody miracle worker!!!

PS - I'm sure Charlie will claim that he predicted this all along and us moonshiners are idiots!! Love him!!!!

Some of the finest footballing brains have been telling us that Oxford are a basketcase of a club, with a skint/dodgy owner who is never in the country, no one running the club day to day, a squad of injured has beens and no was beens, a coaching set up without a clue and no future due to an asset stripping former owner. Yet somehow, Robinson has come in and transformed the team into one that is hard to beat, and able to dig out the results to keep us save and maybe even lower midtable.

Is Robinson the man? He's a bloody miracle worker!!!

PS - I'm sure Charlie will claim that he predicted this all along and us moonshiners are idiots!! Love him!!!!

I hate to break it to you but we are still a basket case. What Robinson has done is instil some passion in the players where there was none. He has done a fantastic job in the last few weeks and I love the way he goes about his business. I do not think however that all is well behind the scenes. I really hope for all our sakes that Tiger brings the cash the club needs but I’m hearing that it’s not forthcoming at the minute.

I hate to break it to you but we are still a basket case. What Robinson has done is instil some passion in the players where there was none. He has done a fantastic job in the last few weeks and I love the way he goes about his business. I do not think however that all is well behind the scenes. I really hope for all our sakes that Tiger brings the cash the club needs but I’m hearing that it’s not forthcoming at the minute.

We are a basketcase, or you think we are based on rumours?

Robinson is no idiot, do you really think he would jump from Charlton to Oxford without having some pretty strong assurances that the club was sound?

So I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like another load of bollox to me!

How are you up hearing this? You’re in danger of sounding like a child pretending to be in the know

Thank god this thread has been created. Hopefully the other one can now die!! He is the man and has been since day one. Love his attitude and I really believe he has a fantastic influence on the squad. COYY

FFS that didn't take long. Can we please not have negative remarks on this post and instead make a negative post i.e ++ Negative things about *********** ++ then we can choose which ones we would like to read.
Many Thanks

Very pleased that KR has come to our club, he has galvanised the players making is a hard side to beat.
We are almost safe now just need 1more point (would like all 3 next Saturday) and we can all relax.
COYY.

The Appleton era was built on a strong relationship between manager and chairman with a clear sence of direction, the fans bought into this and became engaged. For me, this sort of connection and positivity had declined at the end of the Dennis Smith era when I started following the u’s and never really returned, despite Wilders best efforts (until MAp / DE had entered). However, under Pep, everything we built was completely diminished - his character was bland, he wasn’t straight talking and all round decisions were poor, it felt like everything we built had become undone. So here we are with KR, ready to start planning for an exciting new season in L1, feeling engaged and ready to tell my mates what a great manager we have. The sence of connection to the club has returned, I’m once again looking up the table and can’t bloody wait for the next season to start. Thank you to KR, Tiger and also DE!

Last edited:
If heaven forbid we did still go down, no blame could be attached to the current regime at all he has got Herculean performances out of a team who were desperately short in quality confidence and belief.
I'm not quite sure that's right, KR might be above blame but some of the rest are very culpable.

The impressive thing for me is KR didn't come here to keep us up, but he's basically achieved that as you say with a demoralised group of players.
Now hopefully we will see a turn around in fortunes and pushing to get amoung the promotion hopefuls next season, I'm not sure he can turn this all around next season and hope if the signs are good that the fans show some patience and give him the time to do his job, to get into the championship will be an epic task and we will be again punching above our weight, I just hope the expectations next season are tempered and we can all enjoy the football along the way.

Back
Top Bottom