Robinson is a clown

It's the beginning of the end for him.

He reminds me of what Mourinho was doing, manufacturing an exit. The club were furious over his comments re the Gavin Whyte call-up to Northern Ireland and the subsequent spat KR had with O'Neil. He's gone from one disastrous interview to another, he has thrown individuals under the bus regularly, dropped players from the squad in the blame game, has appalling recruitment and clearly is doing his own thing because I can assure you that our Recruitment team are not identifying some of these players. His record over the last 12 months is poor. Last night he threw the lot of them under the bus. He blamed everyone but himself.

The offer of reimbursing fans is a stunt regardless of whether you think it's commendable or not.

As for offering alternatives, my strong personal belief is Michael Appleton would come back if approached and given assurances - I won't go into why I think that - but Pep got paid more than App and I suspect Karl is on a very impressive wedge. He won't wait for ever though. The positives of such an appointment, would be MAAP could oversee a relegation of Karl's team and still smell like flowers. He would instill some much needed professionalism into the club. He will unite overnight a fractious fanbase. He will give some much needed breathing space to Tiger following a PR good nugget news story. Problem with Tiger, Karl was his star appointment and he is the one who needs to pull the trigger on his man.

Don't dismiss Appleton seriously considering a return, if the opportunity arose.
I would love to think that Simon is right on MAPP being willing to return, but I'm sure it would take some pretty tangible "assurances".
He has gained some good extra experience since his days with us and is a marketable manager...why would he come to a club with our recent HMRC history and an owner and board who don't know the first thing about communication? Not to mention the legacy of Robbo's poor recruitment record.
If Appleton was given an attractive deal and a cast-iron decent budget that would indeed represent a positive statement by the board, but it feels like pie in the sky right now.

Unfortunately I can't see Robinson leaving any time soon. I don't think ST has the money to pay him off, and don't think he has either the knowledge or reputation to hire a decent replacement anyway. Unfortunately we have (IMO) a poor owner/chairman and a poor manager at the same time, which is a fairly toxic combination.

Has Tiger failed to deliver in 2018 on spending money on players? No.
Has Tiger failed to deliver in 2018 on supporting a manager and bringing in big waged loan players? No.
Has Tiger failed to support Karl in bringing in Shaun Derry? No.
Has Tiger backed Karl when, circa October, he looked like he was under considerable pressure? Yes.

There are a lot of things you could throw in Tiger's direction but not supporting his manager in the transfer market isn't one of them.

They seem to be reasonable proof that this ownership supports the manager.

Amazing how some on here are so easy to get Robbo out the door but do not come up with suitable alternatives with sensible reasoning.

Every club recruits players that don't work out for varying reasons, Mapp was on record for taking a gamble with former and still injured players and as i've has said so many times if you keep moving on your better players the conveyor belt has to keep churning them out or else that can eventually lead to the situation we are now in.

most of The clubs in division 3 are all pretty much the same, each capable of beating anyone on a given day

we can all go on about past players brought in that worked but then hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Why are those of us wanting KR out supposed to come up with ‘suitable alternatives’?

Sorry didn’t realise that was part of a fans responsibility. I thought that was the job of owner / board / chief exec.

KR is failing in so many ways, and he himself has said he has been backed..relegation zone, poor signings overall, multiple cringe worthy interviews / chucking players under the bus.

He is massively underperforming and needs to be sacked, we may as well cut our losses now.

Amazing how some on here are so easy to get Robbo out the door but do not come up with suitable alternatives with sensible reasoning.

Every club recruits players that don't work out for varying reasons, Mapp was on record for taking a gamble with former and still injured players and as i've has said so many times if you keep moving on your better players the conveyor belt has to keep churning them out or else that can eventually lead to the situation we are now in.

most of The clubs in division 3 are all pretty much the same, each capable of beating anyone on a given day

we can all go on about past players brought in that worked but then hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The big difference is that we are not talking about a couple of players. kr has taken it to an artform. Last night, he picked the team, coaches the team, decides on tactics, yet it's all the players fault, They had not a clue what formation they were playing and THEY will be forking out the money to reimburse the fans, not him.

Any other club he would be long gone. Unfortunately, for some unhealthy reason the man is pure Teflon, with a gob that spins better than Alistair Darling ever could for Tony Blair.

"most of The clubs in division 3 are all pretty much the same, each capable of beating anyone on a given day."

If that was the case then teams would be on more or less the same number of points, and we wouldn't be languishing in the relegation zone. Yes, we beat Portsmouth, but after yesterdays winter shambles, it clearly was a one off.

It might have been the Checkatrade Trophy, but:
Our team was full strength
They had 2 of their best strikers on the bench
They are in division 2
You expect players to give 100%, as Bury did.

Why are those of us wanting KR out supposed to come up with ‘suitable alternatives’?

Sorry didn’t realise that was part of a fans responsibility. I thought that was the job of owner / board / chief exec.

KR is failing in so many ways, and he himself has said he has been backed..relegation zone, poor signings overall, multiple cringe worthy interviews / chucking players under the bus.

He is massively underperforming and needs to be sacked, we may as well cut our losses now.

Suitable alternatives - There are plenty if you do a bit of research, ask contacts in the game, 5 names very quickly:-
Two out of work:-
Gary Bowyer Ex Blackpool
Paul Hurst Ex Shrewsbury, Grimsby
Look at the teams, in the two leagues below us, that have made the most progress in the last two years, taking account budget (so ignore Salford manager) playing style, personality.
Newport, (Flynn) AFC Fylde (Challinor) Solihull Moors (Tim Flowers)
I wouldn't bother with Edinburgh at Orient.
That guy that we might have interviewed, or might not, when we recruited Clotet, recommended by Sky's Mr Jones, ummm what's his name .........Frank Lampard, he'll do.

Last edited:
I’m tired of his relentless failure to accept responsibility and deflecting from the reality that he is clearly unfit to manage. His response to players performance last night was entirely wrong. Reminded me of Phil browns antics when he kept his players on the pitch at half time, publicly embarrassing them.
Carry on Karl, let’s see how long you can hold on to what is probably a very uneasy dressing room.

Has Tiger failed to deliver in 2018 on spending money on players? No.
Has Tiger failed to deliver in 2018 on supporting a manager and bringing in big waged loan players? No.
Has Tiger failed to support Karl in bringing in Shaun Derry? No.
Has Tiger backed Karl when, circa October, he looked like he was under considerable pressure? Yes.

There are a lot of things you could throw in Tiger's direction but not supporting his manager in the transfer market isn't one of them.

They seem to be reasonable proof that this ownership supports the manager.
I really hope that supports should read supported.......

Tiger will not/cannot afford to sack KR -end of.
Tiger has a moral obligation to keep Robinson.
He clearly promised him funding for early 2018 window signings,but none was available until very late in the same window.
Looks like we are going through the same again in the January window.

umm well let's look at that then it's fans not tiger suggesting he should be sacked so that's not our job either as fans is it?

it's fine to say sack him if that's your opinion but at least come up with sensible alternatives with reasoning, after all it is a forum and what we as fans say or think matters not one iota to decision making either way

umm well let's look at that then it's fans not tiger suggesting he should be sacked so that's not our job either as fans is it?

it's fine to say sack him if that's your opinion but at least come up with sensible alternatives with reasoning, after all it is a forum and what we as fans say or think matters not one iota to decision making either way
It’s an interesting point. Did you feel the same way when Kemp and Rix were f#cking everything up?

The big difference is that we are not talking about a couple of players. kr has taken it to an artform. Last night, he picked the team, coaches the team, decides on tactics, yet it's all the players fault, They had not a clue what formation they were playing and THEY will be forking out the money to reimburse the fans, not him.

Any other club he would be long gone. Unfortunately, for some unhealthy reason the man is pure Teflon, with a gob that spins better than Alistair Darling ever could for Tony Blair.

"most of The clubs in division 3 are all pretty much the same, each capable of beating anyone on a given day."

If that was the case then teams would be on more or less the same number of points, and we wouldn't be languishing in the relegation zone. Yes, we beat Portsmouth, but after yesterdays winter shambles, it clearly was a one off.

It might have been the Checkatrade Trophy, but:
Our team was full strength
They had 2 of their best strikers on the bench
They are in division 2
You expect players to give 100%, as Bury did.

you know what i meant, there are 9 points between 8th and us which sort of backs up my thinking

It’s an interesting point. Did you feel the same way when Kemp and Rix were f#cking everything up?

fans will have opinions but let's be honest whoever came in was always going to be unsuitable to some fans.

i've said it earlier in the season and repeated more recently that we missed out on some decent strikers and other areas which seems to be conveniently forgotten when poor recruitment gets brought up.

perhaps we might try keeping better players rather than being happy to watch them for a season before they move on, you can't have it all ways as you need to be lucky keep finding these gems and having to rebuild each summer and this is partly why we are in the mess we are.

there were some writing us off last season and i'll come back to what i said earlier that there is not much between "most" clubs in this league

I’m stating my opinion

We can always say what we would prefer even if we don't have much practical way of implementing it. You are right that at present any decision re KR will be made Tiger.

As for suitable alternatives I think the 'type' of manager we need is most definitely not the usual names that get trotted out every time there is a vacancy in the bottom 2 divisions.

I'd go for a well connected Premier League / Championship academy manager who is looking to break in to management, someone who is likely to know the best 18-23 year olds. If they have had a premier league career, but maybe started in lower leagues then even better. Someone who the players can look up to and respect for what they have done on the pitch, couple this with all the relevant badges and someone that can connect with millennial's then you won't go to far wrong. I don't think players like Mousinho / Mackie / Eastwood are that difficult to manage, but some of the younger players who maybe think they have already made it are a different case.

I would love to be wrong with KR and will be the first to eat my hat if that is the case.

It is hard to take that we have been on a long run unbeaten and still find ourselves in the bottom four. Robinson has to get these players to believe in themselves more. We must find a way to win a game away and I think that this will be a massive boost to everyones confidence if we manage to secure one sooner rather than later.
Something about this season and recruitment isn’t right, that is not to say that it has been all wrong (Gavin Whyte). However, goals were always going to be a problem, we all knew it when he lined up Obika. Mackie does the physical stuff up there but if it wasn’t for the regular goals from Mr Henry, then it would have been a whole lot worse. He has made a huge contribution this season but he cannot do it all by himself. If somehow, Robinson can find a young, aggressive, ambitious, goalscoring striker from the divisions below us then he must get him in. Fast!!!
It really is about the games you win now.

Honestly it gets worse!

KR latest statement make even less sense the more you read them!

Oxford Mail: (KR) was hopeful of securing a striker by noon yesterday.

KR: I knew the one I wanted from day one and he’s still available.

KR: Do I wait? If you wait you might miss out on the next two.

Well if we were hopefully signing a striker yesterday is he not available now today? Was he “the one” or second or third best option.

Why the hell don’t we (the club) just go out and get the striker KR wanted from day one? Errr on day one!

Sounds to me like he don’t have a clue?

It’s simple KR! Go and get the player you want. If you can’t afford him say that and move on to the next target. It makes no sense at all not to go and get your first target.

I really want an iPhone XR plus, but I can’t afford it so I’ve got and iPhone 8 instead. It’s not rocket KR!

KR Mrs is the only woman in the world who hates going shopping with her husband and not the other way around:)

Back
Top Bottom