Robinson is a clown

I disagree. This team under Appleton would be significantly better. They aren't playing for Robinson they are playing in spite of him..there is a reason he is unpopular at all his previous clubs

Why do players he has previously managed like signing for him at different clubs then? Or those that played for him previously praise him in the media (George Baldock is one that springs to mind)?

I disagree. This team under Appleton would be significantly better. They aren't playing for Robinson they are playing in spite of him..there is a reason he is unpopular at all his previous clubs
Firstly, we over romantacise MApp's time as manager but he fell out with plenty of players whilst here as has pretty much every manager in the game.

Secondly, there are plenty of players who speak extremely fondly of Robinson and credit him with their development and success.

Football is about opinions, but to suggest he is unpopular at all his previous clubs and that players are performing in spite of him are ridiculous.

Let me finish! Not sure what happened.

Some players dislike Robinson, dislike the way he goes about handling a defeat during the week after, dislike the blame culture he sometimes has at the club.

However, they are professionals so will always out the shift in for their teammates on a Saturday.

Some players dislike Robinson, dislike the way he goes about handling a defeat during the week after, dislike the blame culture he sometimes has at the club.

However, they are professionals so will always out the shift in for their teammates on a Saturday.
Well they won't be happy bunnies with him tonight then a?

That’s the same thing for prett much all managers, is it not? You normally only find these things out in interviews long after careers come to a close but Ryan Clarke revealed recently that he didn’t get along with Ian Atkins at Bristol Rovers (what a shock!)

I can understand KR annoying players. His shoot from the hip style can grate with us too. However there is a difference between being pissed off with someone and actively disliking them.

I bet Chris Wilder fell out with a load of players here. All played for him and the team mind you.

Tonight is classic Robinson. He’s had a shocker, likewise the players, but to say the players will reimburse the fans who travelled is hanging the players out and wrong.

Waiting to hear from someone close to the camp about what if anything has been said after this. Be interesting to find out as the last time this happened (Plymouth) he held one to ones with all the squad in the changing rooms straight after the game!!!

Whether he’s the man or not his player recruitment has been horrendous. To think 4 of the players (Smith, Holmes, McMahon & Norman, and you could argue whether Garbutt should be added to that list) he brought in have already gone is unbelievable.

Add to this his player management surrounding the striker and goal keeping areas have been woeful at best, so I’m not holding out much hope in the next 8 days or so!!

Unfortunately it does have to be questioned whether Robinson will ever be ‘the man’ for Oxford United. Last night was another blot on the copybook in a long season of mostly failure, accepting a handful of exceptions like Portsmouth when he’s really had his back to the wall.

Even if we survive this season and remain in league 1 you do wonder if the Robinson account will be too far in debit and his time here too tainted for him to ever be rid of the smell of failure.

I think there aren't many clubs with a supposed top 8 budget who would settle for a whole season of relegation battle. I think that most clubs would have let the manager like that go already. I think no matter how we do in the remainder of this season it will be one of abject failure, even if we survive. Saying that I am not sure KR will be let go by the club even if we are relegated, he appears bomb proof (a very lucky man indeed).

Looking forwards the picture for the team isn't great. We are not building anything. This season has be blighted by a huge number of loans and poor player purchases. The loans will of course be gone next season, so will Nelson. Then there is the out of contract players (I think this includes Mous and Henry) if we loose them we loose 2 key components of the team (and our only goal scorer). Add to this the poor players we have purchased that are still under contract (not sure there are many of these). All points to a massive rebuild this summer (again). If we do this every year I don't see how we can ever really build a successful team. That's before we consider the absolutely abysmal recruitment process that the club has had recently.

I like others have no faith in KRs ability to recruit players (or is this the clubs ability who knows). I have no faith in his tactical ability (one formation no changes). I have no idea of his coaching and man management, it hard to tell unless someone else takes over. What I do know is that so far at this club KR has been a poor choice (the league position (all season) does not lie. Will he improve? Heck I hope so. Will we get the recruitment right in the next week? I have no idea. Will we be stronger and successful next season? Unless there is some changes at the club this looks like a no, again though I hope am wrong.

Above all KR is a very lucky man who owes the club much more than he has so far delivered.

Yes, he’s lucky to still be with us. And please don’t hold your breath on the forthcoming transfers. It’s unlikely in the extreme that anyone more than average will be added to the squad.

Amazing how some on here are so easy to get Robbo out the door but do not come up with suitable alternatives with sensible reasoning.

Every club recruits players that don't work out for varying reasons, Mapp was on record for taking a gamble with former and still injured players and as i've has said so many times if you keep moving on your better players the conveyor belt has to keep churning them out or else that can eventually lead to the situation we are now in.

most of The clubs in division 3 are all pretty much the same, each capable of beating anyone on a given day

we can all go on about past players brought in that worked but then hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It's the beginning of the end for him.

He reminds me of what Mourinho was doing, manufacturing an exit. The club were furious over his comments re the Gavin Whyte call-up to Northern Ireland and the subsequent spat KR had with O'Neil. He's gone from one disastrous interview to another, he has thrown individuals under the bus regularly, dropped players from the squad in the blame game, has appalling recruitment and clearly is doing his own thing because I can assure you that our Recruitment team are not identifying some of these players. His record over the last 12 months is poor. Last night he threw the lot of them under the bus. He blamed everyone but himself.

The offer of reimbursing fans is a stunt regardless of whether you think it's commendable or not.

As for offering alternatives, my strong personal belief is Michael Appleton would come back if approached and given assurances - I won't go into why I think that - but Pep got paid more than App and I suspect Karl is on a very impressive wedge. He won't wait for ever though. The positives of such an appointment, would be MAAP could oversee a relegation of Karl's team and still smell like flowers. He would instill some much needed professionalism into the club. He will unite overnight a fractious fanbase. He will give some much needed breathing space to Tiger following a PR good nugget news story. Problem with Tiger, Karl was his star appointment and he is the one who needs to pull the trigger on his man.

Don't dismiss Appleton seriously considering a return, if the opportunity arose.

He reminds me of what Mourinho was doing, manufacturing an exit. The club were furious over his comments re the Gavin Whyte call-up to Northern Ireland and the subsequent spat KR had with O'Neil. He's gone from one disastrous interview to another, he has thrown individuals under the bus regularly, dropped players from the squad in the blame game, has appalling recruitment and clearly is doing his own thing because I can assure you that our Recruitment team are not identifying some of these players. His record over the last 12 months is poor. Last night he threw the lot of them under the bus. He blamed everyone but himself.

The offer of reimbursing fans is a stunt regardless of whether you think it's commendable or not.

As for offering alternatives, my strong personal belief is Michael Appleton would come back if approached and given assurances - I won't go into why I think that - but Pep got paid more than App and I suspect Karl is on a very impressive wedge. He won't wait for ever though. The positives of such an appointment, would be MAAP could oversee a relegation of Karl's team and still smell like flowers. He would instill some much needed professionalism into the club. He will unite overnight a fractious fanbase. He will give some much needed breathing space to Tiger following a PR good nugget news story. Problem with Tiger, Karl was his star appointment and he is the one who needs to pull the trigger on his man.

Don't dismiss Appleton seriously considering a return, if the opportunity arose.

what are those assurances and do we have an owner that would not only offer them but follow them through !

but was it tigers choice of manager. i thought it was said he wanted Patrick Kluivert and Robinson was actually down to eales

one week I want him to stay, next I wish him gone, I know it's a silly way to think, can't help it, the radio nearly went through the wall last night.
In terms of wanting him to stay- on what basis?

Absolutely we can ask could anyone do a better job. But the real question is could anyone do any worse. I honestly dont think even David Kemp could make a bigger hash of recruitment or league position.

Interesting quote from Robinsons Bury reaction video on iFollow. Robinson said this on HIS players.

"Thats why they are where they are in the league".

All of a sudden we're not a collective. Its him and them. Not us.

Back
Top Bottom