Robinson is a clown

What would you consider as long haul?

Robbo has only been here 9 months and so has he really had a fair crack of the whip?

As I see it the only way a manager will be given the benefit of the long haul without fans getting on his back is that they do a quick fix too.

Chicken and Egg situation if you ask me.

No guarantees, whoever came in.

I’d say it has to be a 3 year project. Robinson to be honest hasn’t had a fair crack at it and the fans have been on his back very early on. Part of me wants KR to be given a chance to carry on as I can see what he is trying to build and how difficult certain situations have been for him which he can’t control.

The problem is I can’t see a lot of Oxford fans ever being happy with Robinson and I think that has a lot to do with him being a scouser.

I think KR has had a very fair crack at the whip. He was bought in mid last season with the club not in huge danger (but with a ropey squad). The only requirement was he saved us from relegation which was no where near impossible. Then he was given free reign to rebuild in the summer and make a large number of changes. Ok so we lost a couple of good players but I think there was a fair budget for an upper mid table club. That i think is about as good a crack as it gets in the modern game.

As yellowbow said Tiger may or may not be any good but beyond that KR had every opportunity to build a strong mid table side. I think it is not unreal to expect at least that. The fact he has turned us into relegation fodder is poor management. I think most of us do not think we can expect promotion but if the manger is pretty good could expect to challenge for a play off place.

Even given the under performance of KR so far this season i still think he is going to get a chance to see this through till the end of the season. He is able to make some changes in this window and this could be the key to saving the season. If we are relegated then he has to go (although I have no faith he absolutely would be made to by Tiger). If we survive I still will not be convinced by a mostly poor season in which we fought a relegation fight from day one despite the fact a club like ours should absolutely not have been doing so. Beyond that at the moment I have no faith that KR is the manger who will bring any form of success to the club in the longer term (I really hope he changes my mind on this).

I’d say it has to be a 3 year project. Robinson to be honest hasn’t had a fair crack at it and the fans have been on his back very early on. Part of me wants KR to be given a chance to carry on as I can see what he is trying to build and how difficult certain situations have been for him which he can’t control.

The problem is I can’t see a lot of Oxford fans ever being happy with Robinson and I think that has a lot to do with him being a scouser.

What brings you to the scouser conclusion?

I think KR has had a very fair crack at the whip. He was bought in mid last season with the club not in huge danger (but with a ropey squad). The only requirement was he saved us from relegation which was no where near impossible. Then he was given free reign to rebuild in the summer and make a large number of changes. Ok so we lost a couple of good players but I think there was a fair budget for an upper mid table club. That i think is about as good a crack as it gets in the modern game.

As yellowbow said Tiger may or may not be any good but beyond that KR had every opportunity to build a strong mid table side. I think it is not unreal to expect at least that. The fact he has turned us into relegation fodder is poor management. I think most of us do not think we can expect promotion but if the manger is pretty good could expect to challenge for a play off place.

Even given the under performance of KR so far this season i still think he is going to get a chance to see this through till the end of the season. He is able to make some changes in this window and this could be the key to saving the season. If we are relegated then he has to go (although I have no faith he absolutely would be made to by Tiger). If we survive I still will not be convinced by a mostly poor season in which we fought a relegation fight from day one despite the fact a club like ours should absolutely not have been doing so. Beyond that at the moment I have no faith that KR is the manger who will bring any form of success to the club in the longer term (I really hope he changes my mind on this).
For clarification Robinson took over with 10 of 46 games remaining. He has had a mixed to say the least transfer window(summer) and our league position isn’t acceptable so January business has to be improved along with our league position.

Robinson is here for the long haul.
If they were ever going to change the manager which I doubt then it would have happened last October. A lot of time and money was invested in getting this management team in and I don’t think he has any intention of changing it. And they will always say that it isn’t a level playing field because of the amount of injuries that they have sustained. With some justification I believe.

For clarification Robinson took over with 10 of 46 games remaining. He has had a mixed to say the least transfer window(summer) and our league position isn’t acceptable so January business has to be improved along with our league position.
I don’t think he’ll do any better now than in the summer. He seems to have a problem convincing players to join. More so than any other manager I can remember. He’s absolute Marmite.
All this crap about working hard and recruiting meetings at 2am! Like in our jobs staying late impresses the boss. But in reality most people who say late are:
Simply trying to please the boss,
Have no life,
Are so poor at the job they can’t get it done in normal time.
RK is the latter.
But Tiger won’t get rid because he’s just another Ka$$am. His nick name should be change from Tiger to pussy cat.

I don’t think he’ll do any better now than in the summer. He seems to have a problem convincing players to join. More so than any other manager I can remember. He’s absolute Marmite.
All this crap about working hard and recruiting meetings at 2am! Like in our jobs staying late impresses the boss. But in reality most people who say late are:
Simply trying to please the boss,
Have no life,
Are so poor at the job they can’t get it done in normal time.
RK is the latter.
But Tiger won’t get rid because he’s just another Ka$$am. His nick name should be change from Tiger to pussy cat.

So if a late order comes in and the client needs the product ? your answer is to tell them to do one as staff have better things to do !

a player has been in talks with another club, the deal is not done you get a phone call at 9pm to meet player and agent you say no way we're having a dinner party !

I think it has a lot to do with fans thinking he is going to get us relegated despite having a decent budget. Personally I coulnt give a flying f**k where he comes from, its where he is taking us that I care about.

So if a late order comes in and the client needs the product ? your answer is to tell them to do one as staff have better things to do !

a player has been in talks with another club, the deal is not done you get a phone call at 9pm to meet player and agent you say no way we're having a dinner party !

Nope, I’ve been known to put the hours in in my job. Traveling the world at all hours, working late when the shits hit the fan. A lot when I was younger. But this isn’t about me it’s about KR and football.
Don’t believe the hipe! How many agents, players, managers and even chairman are up all hours trying to do deals 24-7. KR just rattled on about how hard he’s working and how many hours but actually he’s just not very good at his job.

With FFP it’s probably limited what we can spend anyway so I don’t expect a mega signing. Can always hope though.

I remember Darren Patterson used to work all God’s hours. Appeared to be a decent chap with his heart in the right place, but that isn’t always enough.

Surely it’s should be about how productive you are in the hours that you put in, not the amount of hours you work.

On a human level I do feel a bit concerned for Robinson, he does sound very stressed at times.

However, whichever way you look at it our striker recruitment this season has been shambolic. Who is responsible for it?

I look at BBC sport League 1 daily, clubs signing people all over the shop...

Now he's off to France travelling up and done the country etc, all targets should of been scouted planned last month.
We should be getting them in now!

I personally think this summer will be a cracker once Erik finishes doing the Indonesian elections on 17th April...
Just nee to stay in this league!

I remember Darren Patterson used to work all God’s hours. Appeared to be a decent chap with his heart in the right place, but that isn’t always enough.

Surely it’s should be about how productive you are in the hours that you put in, not the amount of hours you work.

On a human level I do feel a bit concerned for Robinson, he does sound very stressed at times.

However, whichever way you look at it our striker recruitment this season has been shambolic. Who is responsible for it?
I think that is the way he is as a bloke. Despite all the criticism he gets you have to admit that he lives and breathes it.

I look at BBC sport League 1 daily, clubs signing people all over the shop...

Now he's off to France travelling up and done the country etc, all targets should of been scouted planned last month.
We should be getting them in now!

I personally think this summer will be a cracker once Erik finishes doing the Indonesian elections on 17th April...
Just nee to stay in this league!
Anyone else wondering if Erik will be buying the club once his Indonesian obligations are complete? There seems to be that feeling of things being in a state of limbo again. Robinson might be keeping his thoughts to himself if he thinks there’s a dramatic improvement on the horizon. That’s of course if the current recruitment frustrations are not of his doing.

Back
Top Bottom