Robinson is a clown

Get this clownn out of our effing club,can't wait to play the likes of Morecambe again!!!!!!!!!

I watched the bit with Norman involved on the TV as well and also thought he (KR) was very irate, however, there was a lot of stuff going on yesterday and emotions were high, we were chasing the game, it was beyond 85 mins on the clock, things were getting desperate and he (Norman) was obviously not doing what was asked of him. Whether or not it was excessive, is, as others have said, open to debate.

It’s seems fairly obvious to me that Norman doesn’t appear to be Robinson’s favourite cup of tea for a number of months, but what’s caused this from earlier in the season god only knows.

I personally think the manager shouldn’t have favourites as such, and should treat all players equally, fairly and with respect which I’m not sure if Robinson/Derry/Faz do at times. Yes, if a player is being a complete tosser then they can’t be expected to be treated with respect (it works by ways, but Norman doesn’t strike me as that sort of player.

Last edited:
But the fact is that we have had a number of injuries, and the referees have been awful. We have a threadbare squad and have limited options to select from. What changes will a new manager make?

Agree with this bit, now is not the right time to change the manager, especially in the middle of the transfer window with possible deals in the pipeline etc.

A new manager would need to understand the state of the squad, know which positions need to be focused on etc, so bringing someone in at this crucial stage (transfer window) which in my eyes is a make or break stage as to whether with stay in League 1 or get relegated could prove disastrous.

I feel we just need to get behind Karl now, and only if and when we know our destination do we act, but NOW is not the right time.

Last edited:
I’m trying really hard not to jump on the bandwagon of knocking Robinson while he’s down but I do find it odd that he watched Surridge yesterday. Surely he should know all about him by now? I would’ve hoped he’d done all his scouting of players before the window opened so that he was in a position to act fast as soon as he could. The only explanation that I can see is all his targets are falling through so he’s having to start from scratch? Unless he sees an opportunity to get better than his original targets?

I know what you’re saying and tend to agree with you, but for one reason or another we can lose those preferrred targets so I guess you need back ups if that is indeed the case with Surridge. Who knows, because of the balls up in the summer may be Robinson wants to check the player(s) for himself!!

I get what you are saying, Unification, and you won't see me barracking the manager on match days (at least not so loud that he can hear!). And yes, you can't do much about the squad (but we are a few days into a transfer window so you can do something - and he has made a start at that). The question is not how we got into this mess (although the management generally has to carry the can as well as Robinson) but how on earth we get out of it. And if we can't get out of it this season, how can we try to ensure that we don't fall further and harder than is thinkable.
I would argue that given the awful summer transfer dealings, the last thing you ought to do is to give more money to the same bloke. We don't want the same thing to happen: being told we were 'in for' players x, y and z, then getting someone completely different that Robinson has had dealings with before, no matter how suitable they may or may not be! Having said that, we have made two promising looking signings (although one is a loan of course, which limits what else we can do in that way) - and I guess we can hope that a couple of strikers are on the way. Plus a replacement for Nelson? :(
I think we will very likely be relegated under Robinson this season, my concern is that the damage should be limited - and that means NOT panic buying (what will very probably turn out to be) unsuitable short term fixes and giving them 2 year contracts to get them to come. That way lies disaster - if we DO go down Robinson will be sacked and then the next manager will have to deal with the wreckage.
Of course, I could just be being miserable - Robinson could make some great signings and turn it around with us finishing in comfortable mid-table. If that were the case, would you want him making the summer signings?

No, not based on our summer signings, so I guess we’ll really see what happens in this window and the rest of the season.

KR has a problem of not engaging brain before opening mouth, and creates expectations which are not then fulfilled. I'm not so sure he has had as free as hand as some on here think with transfers. He wanted Nicky Maynard and was knocked back by Tiger, seems to have scored for Bury everytime I have a look and I believe he has ten goals for them now. I think that may have changed in this window but I'm not so sure all the summer signings were driven by him.

Once again i'll come back to the comments on here that when we went on an unbeaten run he was being praised for turning things around.

i am just amazed that some appear to have thought that that could be sustained

People complain about players he brought in because they haven't worked out but conveniently forget that we missed out on some decent players in the summer. Mapp took gambles on players with shall we say "issues" due to sports science etc but then hindsight is a wonderful thing.

People complain about players he brought in because they haven't worked out but conveniently forget that we missed out on some decent players in the summer.
Sorry but unless you are one of the mega-funded clubs at the top end, then every single club will have missed out on some of their more ambitious targets. The art of football management (especially in the lower leagues) is to make the best possible use of the resources you have - both in terms of players and finances. And although I agree that hindsight is a wonderful thing (mine is nearly perfect!), let's not pretend that concerns about the lack of the striker, Mackie's fitness, Holmes ability to play consecutive matches etc weren't raised back then - because they were, by numerous people.

This 'run' was neither spectacular or impressive. Despite having a defeat in that 'run' - let's extend that run to include the last four defeats, we played the crap of League One, along with FA Cup and Checkatrade ties. We struggled to get draws and we beat a couple of awful football sides. We've played Bristol Rovers twice, we played Plymouth three times, we played Tottenham Under 15's, we played Bradford. The only impressive results were Doncaster and Peterborough. I never ever changed my mind on him during that spectacular run of great form.

I fully appreciate how hard the transfer window is too. We've brought a loan player in which we had the sense to organise months ago, we reacted to Sykes being on his way to Port Vale and gazumped then at the 11th hour despite wanting him last Summer. Credit to both signings especially young Sykes. I'm just saying I think it reasonable to suggest, we were aware - everyone - that we needed to address our striker issues. Forget that Mackie got injured on the 5th JAN & the manager said we'd have a loan in within 48 hours of the final whistle at Brentford, we have yet to bring in a front man and are now talking about recalling a player we sent off on loan on Friday. A player, who despite a good performance as sub, as not had a look in since.

The manager continues to let himself down. We've sent since the start of the window, sent packing, Sam Smith, Tony McMahon, Armani Little & Harvey Bradbury.

A new manager would bring fresh ideas, a new manager would re-unite a fractious fanbase who seem more and more certain that relegation is a serious prospect, a new manager would probably have a clean slate and some of the issues we as fans are not privy too, will also be resolved - for example, the curious case of Cameron Norman ;)

Who actually wants Karl as manager in League Two?

KR has a problem of not engaging brain before opening mouth, and creates expectations which are not then fulfilled. I'm not so sure he has had as free as hand as some on here think with transfers. He wanted Nicky Maynard and was knocked back by Tiger, seems to have scored for Bury everytime I have a look and I believe he has ten goals for them now. I think that may have changed in this window but I'm not so sure all the summer signings were driven by him.

And Maynard was in Oxford for an extra night funded by himself waiting to sign. If you recall it was Robinson who in effect spooked Tiger with his comments on Maynard by saying he would only be used as a bit part player for 10 mins here and there.

Would you justify more money for your manager just weeks after giving him funds at the start of the season after those comments?

And Maynard was in Oxford for an extra night funded by himself waiting to sign. If you recall it was Robinson who in effect spooked Tiger with his comments on Maynard by saying he would only be used as a bit part player for 10 mins here and there.

Would you justify more money for your manager just weeks after giving him funds at the start of the season after those comments?
Fair enough, missed the bit part player part at the time, so I have dissed Tiger unfairly probably

This 'run' was neither spectacular or impressive. Despite having a defeat in that 'run' - let's extend that run to include the last four defeats, we played the crap of League One, along with FA Cup and Checkatrade ties. We struggled to get draws and we beat a couple of awful football sides. We've played Bristol Rovers twice, we played Plymouth three times, we played Tottenham Under 15's, we played Bradford. The only impressive results were Doncaster and Peterborough. I never ever changed my mind on him during that spectacular run of great form.

I fully appreciate how hard the transfer window is too. We've brought a loan player in which we had the sense to organise months ago, we reacted to Sykes being on his way to Port Vale and gazumped then at the 11th hour despite wanting him last Summer. Credit to both signings especially young Sykes. I'm just saying I think it reasonable to suggest, we were aware - everyone - that we needed to address our striker issues. Forget that Mackie got injured on the 5th JAN & the manager said we'd have a loan in within 48 hours of the final whistle at Brentford, we have yet to bring in a front man and are now talking about recalling a player we sent off on loan on Friday. A player, who despite a good performance as sub, as not had a look in since.

The manager continues to let himself down. We've sent since the start of the window, sent packing, Sam Smith, Tony McMahon, Armani Little & Harvey Bradbury.

A new manager would bring fresh ideas, a new manager would re-unite a fractious fanbase who seem more and more certain that relegation is a serious prospect, a new manager would probably have a clean slate and some of the issues we as fans are not privy too, will also be resolved - for example, the curious case of Cameron Norman ;)

Who actually wants Karl as manager in League Two?

We did have and showed the ambition though Simon to get those strikers it's just for various reasons they went elsewhere. kr was aware of the need for a striker or 2 so it's not as though he never bothered to try address that problem..

Some say Tiger didn't/doesn't have the funds so if those targets were offered better deals elsewhere then like most people they take it. As with Mapp we have tried Rookie players like Smith, that they never worked out happens in football that's the Gamble you're taking when your initial targets go elsewhere.

With regards no striker brought in yet, i'll keep banging the same drum that jan is rarely a time that decent one's become available and like it or not those that might are likely to be heading to the likes of Luton and Pompey at the top end rather than a struggling team at the bottom. So you are consequently left with either gambling on the rookie one's again or shall we say the more has beens.

Unfortunately the model that worked well in the past was copied and others were fishing in the same waters, these last couple of seasons are a result of constantly moving on your better players and as i kept saying at the time you're then hoping the conveyor belt keeps churning them out.

We did have and showed the ambition though Simon to get those strikers it's just for various reasons they went elsewhere. kr was aware of the need for a striker or 2 so it's not as though he never bothered to try address that problem..

Some say Tiger didn't/doesn't have the funds so if those targets were offered better deals elsewhere then like most people they take it. As with Mapp we have tried Rookie players like Smith, that they never worked out happens in football that's the Gamble you're taking when your initial targets go elsewhere.

With regards no striker brought in yet, i'll keep banging the same drum that jan is rarely a time that decent one's become available and like it or not those that might are likely to be heading to the likes of Luton and Pompey at the top end rather than a struggling team at the bottom. So you are consequently left with either gambling on the rookie one's again or shall we say the more has beens.

Unfortunately the model that worked well in the past was copied and others were fishing in the same waters, these last couple of seasons are a result of constantly moving on your better players and as i kept saying at the time you're then hoping the conveyor belt keeps churning them out.
The model hasn’t stopped working because other teams are suddenly better at scouting. We lost our head scout and the recruitment department has been absolutely obliterated, I don’t even know if we still have a head of recruitment anymore let alone a head scout, and on top of that we lost the manager who players seemed to respect, and who had improved our league placing year on year while getting us to Wembley and knocking out big teams in cups consistently. We had momentum as well as a great recruitment structure - the head scout is arguably the most important role at a modern football club, certainly at EFL level - and we’ve never taken that seriously for the last 18 months or so. For the entire time since Craig Dean moved on, we’ve had an owner pursuing a sale with absolutely anybody who was willing to pay him, and then an absolute chancer who is rarely in the country who can’t even get the tax bill paid on time let alone set about rebuilding the club structure. That’s what has killed our recruitment, not the idea that suddenly a load of football clubs have gone “Quick, copy Oxford United!”

Quite. The notion that what Ashton & Appleton did and Eales funded was novel is fanciful to say the least. They just did it well.

The question of Mr Robinson's standing with the players is a poser. How the hell hasn't entirely lost the squad if he behaves in training anything like he does in public (touchline, interviews)? Or has he?

What do our scouts think (I presume we have someone doing the Baden-Powell) when the manager says 'let me have a chat with the lad'?

Having one to one meeting with players straight after the Plymouth game and telling certain players they are being moved around the side after they’ve been performing well to make way for new players won’t always go down well with well established players.

Also, the constant hanging players out is starting to grate with certain members and they’ve made it known to the more senior staff at Oxford.

If we are going to get rid of him then it is important to get a manager in for the long haul not just for a quick fix.
My personal preference would be Rowett now he is available or Holloway who I think could do a very good job at this level.

Gary Rowett if he’d come I think would be excellent for us. Was excellent for Burton and Birmingham, and Derby to be honest.Birmingham were daft to get rid of him and bring in Zola.
Midlands and Northern clubs well known for not being patient.
Whether he would drop down to L1 is debatable and would he have funds to for new players.
Really not sure about Holloway, nice character, but seems to have lost his way a bit.

Rowett yes but no to Holloway. Like Robinson, another busted flush who’s on the slide.

As ever we seem to be split into two camps, those blaming Robinson for the failures this season - and let’s be honest, unless there’s some sort of miracle round the corner resulting in a dramatic climb up the table, this season will be a failure even if we avoid relegation ( I’m still pissed off by Robinson’s “people expect me to get us promoted in 6 months” bullshit) - and those blaming Tiger.

I can only say it as I see it - the jury’s still out on Tiger but Robinson’s failings are plain to see, so let’s start sorting this mess out there.

I'd go further and lay the blame at DEs door for the summer 2017 and January 2018 transfer. Both were undeniably underwhelming windows outside of Ricardinho, Henry, Mous, Kane, Dickie and Brannagan, and the club has been scrambling to get back to normal ever since.

If we are going to get rid of him then it is important to get a manager in for the long haul not just for a quick fix.
My personal preference would be Rowett now he is available or Holloway who I think could do a very good job at this level.

What would you consider as long haul?

Robbo has only been here 9 months and so has he really had a fair crack of the whip?

As I see it the only way a manager will be given the benefit of the long haul without fans getting on his back is that they do a quick fix too.

Chicken and Egg situation if you ask me.

No guarantees, whoever came in.

Back
Top Bottom