Robinson is a clown

I will be waiting 10/12 games before judging if the players/manager is up to it

Great stuff. Anyone know how they did in the second half?

They lost, unsurprisingly.
If you can find the full documentary unbleeped ("Club for a fiver" I think it was called) then it's well worth a watch.
His second rant is legendary as well. "If you wanna fight you can team up if you like, and you can bring your f*cking dinners. So you, you little c*nt when I tell you to do something you do it, and you, you big f*cking c**t when I tell you to do something you do it."
Absolutely top!

You have to give the man at least 12 or so games. Remember Mapp kicking
the dugout after a bad result, Let's wait and see, give the Man a chance.

How many losses does it take for fans to turn on a manager?

The answer is: two.

Saturday was my first game of the season and although it was a very disappointing, disjointed performance it’s too early to judge Robinson.

I was impressed with the way he came in last season and made the difference that we needed to avoid a relegation scrap. He’s got a decent record from his time at MK & Charlton so we know he’s more than capable.

He’s had a couple of early season blows already with injuries to key players in Carruthers and Eastwood.

But it’s fair to say that a couple of strange situations have occurred, namely the need felt to get another keeper in, also playing both Mackie and Hall against Fleetwood to get them fit instead of Henry, I’m not sure we have that luxury.

Although it’s very tempting to make wholesale changes after a defeat we have to temper that with the need to build partnerships all over the pitch.

So you think the budget is the same/more than last season, but KR choose to pay less?

We don’t have the detail so it’s all speculation and it’s difficult to make assumptions on what KR says in the press as he’s full of contradictions.

The first team squad may have been assembled for less than last year but we were still trying to get more players in so I would assume we haven’t spent all the budget. Can’t see how that means we have less budget?

Also given we have an extra coach who won’t be cheap and an U23 squad assembled, and transfer fees paid for Hanson, Whyte, TSun (and Brannigan and Dickie apparently paid for by Tiger) I then find it strange that there is fascination with some regarding whether Tiger has reduced budgets? It looks like he is spending more than Eales did to me.

What is clear is that we have a better squad than the one Pep put together, whatever the costs of both.

I am also confident that come January, Tiger will further invest in the squad.

How much of their business was done early? They signed a lot of players before a lot of clubs had signed one or two. I suppose they knew they were getting a sweet deal for a player so could pay what they wanted.

we need to wait for players to gel??...Peterborough players didn't need time!....how many new signings?
The players they signed were quality individuals. They won't need to play as a team. They have enough firepower that of they concede three they can score 6. We lack any firepower therefore we need to be a unit and stop goals. Stop comparing us to teams who are spending 650k on a striker and who knows how much else on the rest of the squad.

Time must be given I suppose although I am biting my lip saying it!

My only gripe is, I was led to believe we were going to be setup as an attacking team, a team with pace, pace wins the day all with day long in this league! So I am hoping this is just teething problems..

Oh and one last thing KR leave the laptop in your office you cannot show a video to a radio reporter it really screws up the radio reception! :cautious:
#embarrassing

Robinson kept us up last season. He organised us and got us playing with spirit. So he remains very much in credit.

And I tend to agree that it’s a nonsense to criticise what he does and doesn’t say. It’s irrelevant

He rightly takes flak, though, for the farcical goalkeeper situation. And, i fear, for not playing Henry. Thats criminal given the way we set up and the fitness of certain players

I really don't get why he is getting stick for bringing in a goalkeeper. Steven's is still very much a young pup and needs to go out on loan to develop. He doesn't need the pressure of having to perform in front of his own fans just yet.
Shearer is at the club as number 2. That's his role in the club. He isn't able to play week in week out but if called upon like he was Saturday then he can do a job for us. His role at the OUFC is no different to Chelsea having Rob Green as number 3 at the club or Richard Wright at Man City for years. It's more about what they offer to the squad off the pitch than it does on it. Also he is on a fairly small wage at the club.

I really don't get why he is getting stick for bringing in a goalkeeper. Steven's is still very much a young pup and needs to go out on loan to develop. He doesn't need the pressure of having to perform in front of his own fans just yet.
Shearer is at the club as number 2. That's his role in the club. He isn't able to play week in week out but if called upon like he was Saturday then he can do a job for us. His role at the OUFC is no different to Chelsea having Rob Green as number 3 at the club or Richard Wright at Man City for years. It's more about what they offer to the squad off the pitch than it does on it. Also he is on a fairly small wage at the club.

I agree. It seems a completely logical decision to me.

They lost, unsurprisingly.
If you can find the full documentary unbleeped ("Club for a fiver" I think it was called) then it's well worth a watch.
His second rant is legendary as well. "If you wanna fight you can team up if you like, and you can bring your f*cking dinners. So you, you little c*nt when I tell you to do something you do it, and you, you big f*cking c**t when I tell you to do something you do it."
Absolutely top!
I watched it last night and thought it was brilliant. I felt sorry for the guy, you could tell he cared but was trying to hold the whole club together as it descended into chaos. As with the famous Graham Taylor doc it was pretty much professional suicide for him (although Taylor managed to recover from it) and once again the second in command ( this time Chris Turner) came across as a bit of a tit. Interesting to see Darren Purse sat in the toxic dressing room at one point and was the Mark Warren that Sitton squared up to in that famous outburst the same one who played for us for a while..?

Anyway, sorry for going off topic, at least it all shows we’re not in too much of a mess in comparison. If anyone is interested there’s a follow up interview where he explains where the ‘and you can bring your dinner’ comment came from ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cked-soon-documentary-aired-couldn-t-bed.html

I wouldn’t call ‘doing a job’ giving away a penalty in his one game, being unfit and then having to be replaced. If your no 2 is not capable of deputising for more than one game then it’s a farce. He shouldn’t have been given another deal.
It’s cost us an outfield player which we appear to be in need of

Last edited:
I wouldn’t call ‘doing a job’ giving away a penalty in his one game, being unfit and then having to bevreplCed. If you’re no 2 is not capable of deputising for more than one game then it’s a farce. He shouldn’t have been given another deal.
It’s cost us an outfield player which we appear to be in need of

No it hasn't, Eastwood's injury has cost us an outfield player.

No it hasn't, Eastwood's injury has cost us an outfield player.

The point is that Shearer is a waste of a contract. What is the point of him? To make the tea? Do the jokes?

The No 2 steps up when the No 1 is injured or loses form (that’s another point btw).

We have lost an outfield player because the three other keepers we have are not fit for purpose.

Having a Number 2 who it would appear isn’t trusted to actually be a Number 2 is a bit ridiculous.

He should have been released and we should have trusted the youngster to take on the roll for one/two games a season.

We might as well offer Brown a full time players contract too... you know just in case.

It appears that Shearer has struggled with fitness during the pre-season and I'm guessing that KR took a gamble on having Eastwood in place long enough for Shearer to get back up to speed. No one would predict that SE would only play on game before that gamble back fired.

Having had such consistency from our keepers for a number of seasons, you can understand why KR changed it, and I certainly wouldn't use this particular stick to beat him with.

I've no axe to grind with Robinson, he did a great job at the end of last season and I'm prepared to give him time this season but I do wish he would rein it in sometime. The interview after Tuesday's game was a prime example when he defended his booking and barracking of the linesman - I thought at the time the guy was onside (although the other player was in an offside position) and TV pictures seem to prove that.

He then followed that up by comparing his behaviour to that of Jurgen Klopp - essentially saying that that Klopp's passion was deemed to be fine and his unacceptable. The main difference is that Klopp doesn't spend most of the game cursing at and abusing officials - my sons watched the game from near the dugout on Saturday and were amazed he wasn't reprimanded for his behaviour. I was a big fan of Appleton's pitchside demeanour and even Joey Barton presented a calm, authoritative figure.

I was watching the 3rd Netflix series of 'Last Chance U' a couple of nights ago - give it a viewing, the coach is essentially a fatter Robinson, although you may want to keep younger kids away from the audio track!

Back
Top Bottom