Robinson is a clown

Is it just me that would love to relegate Rochdale on Saturday? I have no issue with them as a club but it would just be nice to send a team down for a change rather than the being on the end of the misery.

But in the end teams are relegated not just because of the last game,it is because of a seasons results.

If we do relegate them on Saturday maybe it would be a good time to remind ourselves that we are several cuts above the level of a certain Classless Orient?

We are several cuts above the level of classless South East Londoners, @outsidethebox , as proved, for instance, a few seasons ago when we beat a very poor Tranmere Rovers at their place in, I think, the penultimate game of that Season, ( MApps first season in charge when he took us on a fantastic run of results, to set us up for promotion the following campaign), beating Tranmere condemned the woolybacks to relegation from the football league.

Mass protests by Tranmere faithful after the match led to their then manager resigning. That said, by that game we had already secured safety in League 2 so didn't have anything other than an away win to celebrate. (as an aside, MApp gave a few youngsters on OUFC books at the time a rare, in one or two cases, their only run out in the first team that day)

However, I do agree, @outsidethebox , given that (probably) a point will mathematically secure our League 1 safety for next season, and (probably) send Rochdale to league 2 , it is worth reiterating that we, OUFC fans/supporters, are several cuts above in the class stakes, even if the securing of L1 status is attained, and we send them (Rochdale) down as a result of that, we'll rightly celebrate L1 safety, but won't be mocking 'dale fans about their misfortune, after all we're Oxford United fans and supporters, and thankfully not a bunch of classless cockney wankers :cool:

I’ve just had a little read of the Plymouth Herald. They’re saying that Ryan Taylor is their most important player and they’re praying he’s fit as they have no replacement for him or plan B, scoring no goals in the recent games he’s been missing. I’m also surprised to see that Rochdale have won 3 and drawn 4 of their last 8 games. Impressive form. I won’t be at all surprised if Rochdale take the 3 points tonight. They’ll certainly be no pushovers on Saturday either.

We are several cuts above the level of classless South East Londoners, @outsidethebox , as proved, for instance, a few seasons ago when we beat a very poor Tranmere Rovers at their place in, I think, the penultimate game of that Season, ( MApps first season in charge when he took us on a fantastic run of results, to set us up for promotion the following campaign), beating Tranmere condemned the woolybacks to relegation from the football league.

Mass protests by Tranmere faithful after the match led to their then manager resigning. That said, by that game we had already secured safety in League 2 so didn't have anything other than an away win to celebrate. (as an aside, MApp gave a few youngsters on OUFC books at the time a rare, in one or two cases, their only run out in the first team that day)

However, I do agree, @outsidethebox , given that (probably) a point will mathematically secure our League 1 safety for next season, and (probably) send Rochdale to league 2 , it is worth reiterating that we, OUFC fans/supporters, are several cuts above in the class stakes, even if the securing of L1 status is attained, and we send them (Rochdale) down as a result of that, we'll rightly celebrate L1 safety, but won't be mocking 'dale fans about their misfortune, after all we're Oxford United fans and supporters, and thankfully not a bunch of classless cockney wankers :cool:

That’s right mate, we will behave,!
We will get up from our slumber have a wash, brush our Hampsteads, get our clothes, on red braces, Ben Sherman, drainpipes, red braces, DM’s on our plates, leave our Mickey get in our Jam jar and travel along the frog till we arrive at the soulless, park our Jam jars, get out adjust our Syrups and then walk along to the soulless pay our dosh enter the soulless, pay a lady for a pigs and poor it through the north and down the Gregory, go and have Gypsys then have a shake, then up the apples to your seat and cheer on the lads but should the Dale be relegated show respect not like them classless cockney wankers.

That’s right mate, we will behave,!
We will get up from our slumber have a wash, brush our Hampsteads, get our clothes, on red braces, Ben Sherman, drainpipes, red braces, DM’s on our plates, leave our Mickey get in our Jam jar and travel along the frog till we arrive at the soulless, park our Jam jars, get out adjust our Syrups and then walk along to the soulless pay our dosh enter the soulless, pay a lady for a pigs and poor it through the north and down the Gregory, go and have Gypsys then have a shake, then up the apples to your seat and cheer on the lads but should the Dale be relegated show respect not like them classless cockney wankers.

I'll have a pint of whatever Bazzer has been drinking!

Some interesting comments from Eastwood in the Oxford Mail.

I’m definitely more settled with the new manager.

With this manager I think it changes things a little bit [regarding a transfer] because everyone has taken to him straight away.

All the players know what he’s like, with his man management he gives players more belief in their own ability. I think that has shown on the pitch.

Eastwood, who feels he has regained top form in recent weeks under new boss Karl Robinson.

Interesting comments about his and the teams performance, which I think most of us apart from @Borntobeyellow would agree with.

Some interesting comments from Eastwood in the Oxford Mail.

I’m definitely more settled with the new manager.

With this manager I think it changes things a little bit [regarding a transfer] because everyone has taken to him straight away.

All the players know what he’s like, with his man management he gives players more belief in their own ability. I think that has shown on the pitch.

Eastwood, who feels he has regained top form in recent weeks under new boss Karl Robinson.

Interesting comments about his and the teams performance, which I think most of us apart from @Borntobeyellow would agree with.

From watching Eastwood on ifollow . (post Rochdale) I feel Eastwood is not committing himself either way.

It's certainly laughable. Didn't see yesterday's game, but at Barnsley we might have been outplayed all over the park but I got the feeling the players just didn't know what was expected of them, and how to play together as a team. I would right Barnsley off as a humiliation against a very good side, but not the pre-cursor to a disastrous season.

I'll be concerned if we're without a win or decent performance after eight / ten games. Until then, I'm trusting KR to turn it around and get the best out of what looks a decent crop of players, on paper at least.

Some of the acquisitions made by Karl e.g. Garbutt, McMahon and Mackie aren’t looking good, but I guess the performances we’re seeing are what happens when you don’t get your squad together early enough!

A lot of fans wrote off last week saying Fleetwood would be a better test, well....

Some of the acquisitions made by Karl e.g. Garbutt, McMahon and Mackie aren’t looking good, but I guess the performances we’re seeing are what happens when you don’t get your squad together early enough!

A lot of fans wrote off last week saying Fleetwood would be a better test, well....
If my memory serves me right ( I’ve probably got it completely wrong) there was a season under Patterson when he inexplicably dismantled the squad that had finished the previous season relatively strongly and we started preseason training with hardly any players. I seem to remember a photo in the Oxford Mail showing Eddie Hutchinson and a few youngsters training.

He then scrambled around at the last minute and brought in the likes of Jeanine, Gnohere Ledgister and Standing and the rest was history- for Patterson anyway!

I’m not for one second saying things are as bad now, the present squad is incomparable and I have no doubt that Robinson will get things sorted. I said in the car on the way home yesterday while listening to the doom and gloom that I wouldn’t be at all surprised that we’d look back on this with a smile when we’re celebrating promotion, but I think it does highlight getting your squad in place as early as you can if possible. KR has said several times that this has been a frustrating summer. It looks like he eventually got in most of the players he wanted but there has been a lot of delays. I wonder if it’s due in some cases to the purse strings now being held by a third party (ie, somebody above Tiger)? Purely conjecture on my part, I don’t mean to add to the conspiracy theories.. ?

It makes me laugh how people judge players straight away. I remember Henry getting written off pretty much straight away and look how he turned out!
But to be fair wiggy apart from Richardino and Henry they were the only 2 that came good of last season out of the bunch of new Players we had last season.

Back
Top Bottom