Robinson is a clown

There are many on here how seem pretty good at turning a positive thread into yet another un winnable debate about the same old “we have money- we don’t have money “ dullness

If only our new Owner would set out his stall and state what the plan is a la Ashton/Eeles when they took over!

Until then, rightly or wrongly, every comment, transaction & filing to Companies House will be dissesected and analyzed with a large dose of opinion & speculation.

I am positively enamoured with KR mind.

It would be nice to hear, but means very little. After all with the last 3 chairmen we’ve been promised top six budgets, championship in 5 years and to be taken on a journey. None actually happen, although we did go on a journey. Generally the people who really want “a plan” are those more likely to use that against him if it didn’t happen anyway. You can only judge on what they do. So far he’s made what seems a good manager appointment, and signed two very good players before he even owned the club. On the down side he paid a tax bill the day after. And if that genuinely was a mix up from take over, that’s hardly something to keep holding against him. The marketing, communication and academy have all started to rapidly improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are pretty good at twisting words to suit your argument. Let me give you an example.

You say we made a profit last year. We only got to that point because of player sales as a result of the original strategy as implemented by Eales and Ashton.

It’s clear that strategy lost its way as Clotet came in.

The weak link in your argument is that Eales’ sale to Tiger means that he gets the benefit of sales of our existing assets and not the club. So we say goodbye to our only hope of turning a profit this year and probably next.

So not only do we not own the stadium (a key revenue generator) but now we don’t even get the benefit of any players we sell over the summer (how we made a profit last year). I’m no accountant but a company who knows it is not going to make a profit is effectively trading insolvent. Here’s the official line:

“Trading whilst insolvent refers to when directors continue to trade their company despite the fact it has become insolvent; insolvent usually being defined as when a company can no longer make day to day payments for the continuation of trade, or if assets are outweighed by liabilities on the balance sheet.”

So, please tell me, where do you get your positivity from because I need some! How do you think we won’t go further into debt during Tiger’s tenure? Do you think his plan involves coming in with sufficient investment which is going to clear the decks?
Not my argument but why keep on about the stadium, how is the stadium going to ever be a "key revenue generator", it will cost money to buy and maintain, where will this money come from if it isn't added to our debt? Maybe the £500+k a year is manageable to the owner and IF we do get to the championship that might look like small change, we might then be in a position to then buy the stadium, but I have my reservations on that.

I would not like ANY owner of the football club to own the ground, that I think would put us in a very perilous position and open a whole new can of worms for the future of the club.

We as fans can speculate about which way is best forward for the club, but it's the owner and his money that make the decisions for his benefit and hopefully ours.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh
??????
There are thread after thread after thread of fans moaning, speculating and arguing about our chairman, directors, managers past and present. Do they have money are they skint. Are we a basket case was Pep great or rubbish. Please use them and keep this the Robinson positive, love in thread.

Where have I belittled the man? Everything I have said is fact. I would be delighted if he does indeed turn out to be the saviour of our club. Still early days, non?

If, pray that it doesn't, it turns out that he's full of guff and doesn't have the financial muscle then the club is toast. However, some on here would like to carry on as if the club isn't a basket case. Strange.
Are you Borntobeyellow in disguise?

Jeeeeeeeeez some of you are hard work! Can all the same of arguments be kept in the same old threads?

I agree it’s nice to keep things in the correct threads, but somethings that’s not how conversations work, and the two subjects are intertwined. Robinson being the man is for example a good point on how well the chairman is doing so far. Conversations evolve. So u will naturally get overlap

I agree it’s nice to keep things in the correct threads, but somethings that’s not how conversations work, and the two subjects are intertwined. Robinson being the man is for example a good point on how well the chairman is doing so far. Conversations evolve. So u will naturally get overlap

I agree with you to some extent. But that assumes it is a natural direction/evolution the conversation should take, which in many cases it is not. It is usually the same characters, obsessed with the saying the same thing, over and over and over, railroading the same point into every conversation. And because they are heated topics it takes over the thread. It becomes very dull and repetitive. I think sometimes people just need to be ignored.

I hope we all give KR 2 transfer windows before properly judging him, of course between now and then I'm sure we'll all debate if we are moving in the right direction.

I reckon he'll need at least 2 transfer windows because it is likely that at least 2 of our 'star' players will move on, and there is a lot of dead wood that needs managing out. You can't expect (you can hope) that all of KRs new players over the summer will work out, but after 2 windows it should be his team.

I hope we all give KR 2 transfer windows before properly judging him, of course between now and then I'm sure we'll all debate if we are moving in the right direction.

I reckon he'll need at least 2 transfer windows because it is likely that at least 2 of our 'star' players will move on, and there is a lot of dead wood that needs managing out. You can't expect (you can hope) that all of KRs new players over the summer will work out, but after 2 windows it should be his team.

I would hope it’s just two windows but it might need 3 because it’s only really the summer window a lot of business is done. Even with the big clubs. The club and fans just need to get behind him.
I think it’ll be a big test of the players opinion of him and our club if he can get the big boys to stay.
Second would be if he is actually able to land his targets.

We'll soon find out if we are a basket case as I'm "positive" KR won't stick around for long if he can't do what he needs to in terms of moving the club forwards. It's not too dissimilar to the MApp appointment in that he needs a plus point on his own CV at this point in his managerial career. He certainly isn't here to stagnate or take a backwards step.

I love the fact that he knows his own mind and has very clear plans about the way he wants to do things. The breath of fresh air we desperately needed.

I'm not sure whether KR speaking his mind so publicly is a positive thing or not.
I was surprised about what he said about getting rid of players after the Donny game

KR is our manager/head coach, he talks a good job, and so far has turned around a group of players that appeared to have ( as Pep may have said) no fockuussss, into a squad that, in the main( KR already implied hes spoken to those who are 'out', as in not in his future plans, on Rad Ox sat- albeit without KR naming names), are playing for each other and are embracing KR's ideas and ideals, ...how the standard of play has improved and actual results too of late, comfirm this.... I still think we need one more point to be certain of L1 survival

KR walked from Charlton ( into the job at OUFC, granted) despite their league position, seemingly behind the scenes factors and how Charlton was being run being the main reasons...so, if, as some of the more Private Fraser (we're doooooomed) posters claim its a similar situation under Tiger at OUFC, KR will be just as likely to up sticks (again)

It certainly doesn't appear to be doom n gloom behind the scenes at OUFC under Tiger, and KR , who it has to be said, talks a good job, in various interviews with the local media certainly appears to be planning for the medium even long haul with OUFC.

All good IMO...... though I also think its prudent to wait until safety in L1 is mathematically secured before the full-on love in gets properly underway

which hopefully will be confirmed either tomorrow night or by 5pm this Saturday :)

What's the required result(s) tomorrow night?
I dont think staying up can be confirmed tomorrow.

If Oldham lose they can still get to 54 points (one more than our current points) if they win their last two.

If Rochdale lose they can only get to 53 maximum... And they only have a slightly worse gd than us.

I dont think staying up can be confirmed tomorrow.

If Oldham lose they can still get to 54 points (one more than our current points) if they win their last two.

If Rochdale lose they can only get to 53 maximum... And they only have a slightly worse gd than us.
Correct @ljs .... maths was never my strongest point, (especially after a 700 plus mile round trip and working all weekend Fri afternoon-yesterday night- with a few crucial hours out from working, and extra 180 mile round trip, on Saturday afternoon! .... today it feels like my auto pilot is running on its own auto-pilot! :oops: ) .... tomorrow nights results , hopefully both Plymouth and Southend will win their respective games, will have quite an effect on what is needed on Saturday..... if the U's can get a home win over Rochdale all our worries will be over

Is it just me that would love to relegate Rochdale on Saturday? I have no issue with them as a club but it would just be nice to send a team down for a change rather than the being on the end of the misery.

Is it just me that would love to relegate Rochdale on Saturday? I have no issue with them as a club but it would just be nice to send a team down for a change rather than the being on the end of the misery.

Not for me Clive. Aside from perhaps one team (I’ll let you guess which), I wouldn’t take any joy from relegating a particular club.

Other football league fans love their clubs for the same reason as we do, so it’s not pleasant to seem them suffering. Equally, relegation can often mean pay cuts and redundancies for hard-working staff behind the scenes.

Relegation is a fact of life in football, but that doesn’t mean I want to witness suffering of other’s misfortune.

I agree with you to some extent. But that assumes it is a natural direction/evolution the conversation should take, which in many cases it is not. It is usually the same characters, obsessed with the saying the same thing, over and over and over, railroading the same point into every conversation. And because they are heated topics it takes over the thread. It becomes very dull and repetitive. I think sometimes people just need to be ignored.
Is this the right thread to vent my spleen about letting Midson go...?

Is this the right thread to vent my spleen about letting Midson go...?

That’s appropriate for every thread until the end of time.

Back
Top Bottom