Robinson is a clown

Key question: how much of the recruitment department remains?

If you look at his signings (Smith, Holmes, Brown, Tsun Dai) were all by the same agent. We have in total 6 players with the same agent. Coincidence?

It suggests to me kr has had to cut his cloth.

Given the circumstances I think he’s doing a good job

I'm guessing that you will be asking ths directly at the OxVox forum tonight?!

Key question: how much of the recruitment department remains?

If you look at his signings (Smith, Holmes, Brown, Tsun Dai) were all by the same agent. We have in total 6 players with the same agent. Coincidence?

It suggests to me kr has had to cut his cloth.

Given the circumstances I think he’s doing a good job

Hawk, what is the status of the recruitment team, and what’s your concern if there isn’t much of one/the club using limited agents/one agent?

I guess the last bit means you’re restricted in your options of picking up players as it depends on the which players are on that particular agents books.

Tsun Dai?????????? Will we ever see this player, has anybody seen this player, does he exist or is it just a "dodgy" reference to the day after Saturday by KR

Hawk, what is the status of the recruitment team, and what’s your concern if there isn’t much of one/the club using limited agents/one agent?

I guess the last bit means you’re restricted in your options of picking up players as it depends on the which players are on that particular agents books.

I don’t know. I just find it lucky that the players we needed came from one agent - if the recruitment team was at full tilt.

Devante Cole and John Marquis are on their books too. I'm going to be fuming if they end up here in January.

Bloody Fuming.
Disagree about Marquis!
He is averaging(almost) a goal every two games this season. He is a Hylton like in your face striker and played the lone striker role perfectly at the Kassam last season. I remember saying to my son I would rather have him in our line up than against him. Easty made two cracking saves to deny him a goal. He would cost more than we could afford unless a billionaire wishes to stump up!! In which case we could probably do better!:p

Disagree about Marquis!
He is averaging(almost) a goal every two games this season. He is a Hylton like in your face striker and played the lone striker role perfectly at the Kassam last season. I remember saying to my son I would rather have him in our line up than against him. Easty made two cracking saves to deny him a goal. He would cost more than we could afford unless a billionaire wishes to stump up!! In which case we could probably do better!:p
Feel the need for a little whoosh here!!

Childish!
Nearly every post on here about players could be a whoosh. But carry on whooshing if it makes you feel good.
My original post was light hearted, I think he's probably the best striker in the league.

Being whooshed is a badge of honour, it happens to the best of us!

Many used a period of 10 games to judge the ability of Robinson, and having picked up only 5 points from our first 11 games he was rightly vilified.

However, the last 10 games has seen us win 4, draw 5 with only the one defeat against Bradford. Win against Blackpool next weekend and that gives us 20 points from the 11 games since our disastrous start.

I know that anything can happen in the next few weeks, but if we can look to swap Smith for a more established striker and hang on to the rest of the squad, we could be in a decent position to continue our climb away from the drop. The positive bus will soon be back out at this rate!!

Tsun Dai?????????? Will we ever see this player, has anybody seen this player, does he exist or is it just a "dodgy" reference to the day after Saturday by KR
He played for the U23 the other day.
I assume that we start seeing him as he recovers from I just.

Current form is impressive, kudos to Robinson. His stock has pretty much recovered after a drastic dip.

He has also been less 'Gobbo' and more 'Robbo' in terms of pitch side antics and media. Not sure why an experienced gaffer allowed such a slip in standards but he has, to his credit, snapped out of it.

I also think the current debacle with the hapless owner works in favour for Robbo. He has my sympathy for having to report to the Bangkok Walter Mitty. I can see any disappointments with the player trading in the transfer window being blamed firmly at the door of our Billionaire's Boy Club board.

Agree entirely. Robbo has done well. Toned down his behaviour but also tried to be diplomatic when it would no doubt have been easier to blow off in the media, particularly about the transfer funding situation.

I suspect if theres a repeat in January with our Billionaire board it will be a different story.

Interested to know if anyone out there still thinks KR should go.

There was some very passionate critics of KR who viciously wanted him to go, with alot of attacks on both his ability as a manager and his character. Has he done enough with recent form and behaviour to win you over?

Many of the supporters wanted MAPP out as well when we were struggling under him.
The turn round since Luton at home has been unbelievable really (5 points in 11 games)
I can get why people thought KR should go. My worry always was trying to get a replacement who wanted to bring on youngsters and who also would get us out of the mess we were in.
To be fair to KR a lot off what he said has come off ,(particularly that we would be a decent team when players got fit)

Interested to know if anyone out there still thinks KR should go.

There was some very passionate critics of KR who viciously wanted him to go, with alot of attacks on both his ability as a manager and his character. Has he done enough with recent form and behaviour to win you over?
Yes, because he’s stopped playing his stupid one dimensional formation that clearly wasn’t working, is picking the best players consistently, and has stopped talking so much absolute bullshit that only served to make him appear a clueless lunatic.

Just because things have turned around doesn’t mean there weren’t enormous problems that people were right to be concerned about. If he’d done it his own way there would be room for gloating. As it is he’s just a very silly man who has stopped being as much of a very silly man. And I’m happy about that.

I never called for him to go, but I was pretty pissed off after the Luton game.

However as I said on today’s match thread, there is now a confidence and pattern of play that’s wasn’t evident in the first 10 games of the season.

We now have a settled starting XI. The return of Eastwood, and Mousinho in the holding midfield role have been key imho.

Therefore credit where credit’s due. Let’s keep it going!

Back
Top Bottom