Robinson is a clown

Powerful insight RyanioBirdio. I better stock up on popcorn in case there is more to spill...

I dread to think what sort of cock-up he's going to make of the January window. Always feel he's a disaster waiting to happen but I've got to admire his passion for the club. :oops:

Robbo seems to be keeping his gob relatively shut the last couple of weeks. The less he says in public the better we appear
to do.

One of the recent positives. It's like someone has had a word with him - there's a surprise, At least now he spends his time lavishing praise on the supporters and our history.............he needed some quick wins.

Just been listening to his interview recorded during the week and he comes across very well. Total opposite from his post-match rants, is it just that he can't handle the emotion straight after a game?

Telling us that Ranger needs a chance cuz he made a mistake. No, he made planned mistake, after planned mistake after planned mistake.
He is toxic but Robinson will sign him because after all he has the biggest injury list in English football.
Dickhead.

13 points in the last 7 games, scoring 10 and conceding only 4 (a penalty and 3 in a mad 10 minute spell).

Only the most churlish can complain about the last 8 games or so. Based on what had gone before and the injuries it is an amazing turnaround.
The defence has been transformed due to Eastwood, Mousinho and Dickie and Nelson being near to their best.
We need much more going forwards but if we can get through to January defending like we have been and battling for points then we should continue to climb the table.

Some interesting comments. Especially from Ryan.
Nobody can deny that our form in the last 10 games has been very good. Eastwood coming back and Mous sitting and holding have been massive. Goals conceded has been much better. Obikas injury forced a change up top and I think Mackie gives something too. But we must consider the level of opposition has been more towards mid to bottom of the table.
On KR he is a character. His heart is on his sleeve and sometimes that leads him to say things perhaps he shouldn’t. Like many of us actually!
Regarding his tactics or tactical awareness well, a good manager doesn’t necessarily need much. Good managers surround themselves with quality people and I think we have that here.
Most of the players seem to like him so I think he should be given a chance.
I have some doubts I mean chasing Smith from Reading when there were more proven players at our level is odd. But then what if he turned out like Whyte or Browne?
Jury’s still out on Hanson too, he doesn’t exactly look like a (in recent times) record signing!
I say get behind him until the end of the season at least. Let’s see what Tiger, the new board and KR can deliver in January.

Nobody can deny that our form in the last 10 games has been very good. Eastwood coming back and Mous sitting and holding have been massive. Goals conceded has been much better. Obikas injury forced a change up top and I think Mackie gives something too. But we must consider the level of opposition has been more towards mid to bottom of the table.
On KR he is a character. His heart is on his sleeve and sometimes that leads him to say things perhaps he shouldn’t. Like many of us actually!
Regarding his tactics or tactical awareness well, a good manager doesn’t necessarily need much. Good managers surround themselves with quality people and I think we have that here.
I have some doubts I mean chasing Smith from Reading when there were more proven players at our level is odd. But then what if he turned out like Whyte or Browne?
Jury’s still out on Hanson too, he doesn’t exactly look like a (in recent times) record signing!
I say get behind him until the end of the season at least. Let’s see what Tiger, the new board and KR can deliver in January.
I think Ryan has an axe to grind and I'm not sure he gives a particularly fair account of Robinson even if he is ITK. The fact that so many players speak so highly of him says more than someone who has watched a training session or 2.

On the point regarding Smith, to be fair to Robinson, I think he was priced out of signing a striker that would’ve made a difference on a permanent, his comments on Gillinghams Eaves backs this up. He therefore did what any manager would have probably done under the circumstances - gambled on a highly rated youngster on loan. To be honest, it didn’t even look like that big a gamble when he arrived..

I remember Tyler Roberts , Jordon Rhodes et al. On paper sam Smith looked a great prospect , which so far hasn't happened for whatever reason. Only time will tell but not with us I fear.

On the point regarding Smith, to be fair to Robinson, I think he was priced out of signing a striker that would’ve made a difference on a permanent, his comments on Gillinghams Eaves backs this up. He therefore did what any manager would have probably done under the circumstances - gambled on a highly rated youngster on loan. To be honest, it didn’t even look like that big a gamble when he arrived..

Yep. As ive said all along, Robbo went in with the right intentions up front. A good L1 striker AND Smith as an option to develop. Unfortunately when Tiger saw the figures been asked for he had to loosen his bow tie such was the sweating.

We then made Smith our main striker and scrabbled around for cheaper/ pay as you play such as Mackie (doing a decent job dont get me wrong).

Yep. As ive said all along, Robbo went in with the right intentions up front. A good L1 striker AND Smith as an option to develop. Unfortunately when Tiger saw the figures been asked for he had to loosen his bow tie such was the sweating.

We then made Smith our main striker and scrabbled around for cheaper/ pay as you play such as Mackie (doing a decent job dont get me wrong).

LOL.Bow tie joke about Tiger.
Arnt you a clever little man with the originality in that observation.

Priced out, or budget not spent in the right areas. It is a fine line.

To be honest bar Whyte I am not massively impressed with a lot of his signings. Some of the loans are good but many not fit enough to complete a whole game let alone 2 in a week. Others look like wastes of money. I think the summer transfer policy was an utter disaster. Now how much of this was Robinson's fault I don't know. It is an area though that still really concerns me about him.

I hope in Jan money is made available, the targets are realistic this time (I can't help thinking this was one of our major failings in the summer), that they have already been identified, and moves are already being put in place to move quickly. I doubt we can undo the disaster of the summer (i think that is unralistic in Jan) but I think we will need to strengthen to be sure of safety. Hopefully Robinson and the club get it right this time and no more cash is wasted on the unready and the crippled.

Key question: how much of the recruitment department remains?

If you look at his signings (Smith, Holmes, Brown, Tsun Dai) were all by the same agent. We have in total 6 players with the same agent. Coincidence?

It suggests to me kr has had to cut his cloth.

Given the circumstances I think he’s doing a good job

Key question: how much of the recruitment department remains?

If you look at his signings (Smith, Holmes, Brown, Tsun Dai) were all by the same agent. We have in total 6 players with the same agent. Coincidence?

It suggests to me kr has had to cut his cloth.

Given the circumstances I think he’s doing a good job
Evidence please not the usual unsubstantiated headline grabber

Back
Top Bottom