Robinson is not the man

Sorry for the supposed silence, had a rather busy weekend taking in a a game or two and a couple of dinner dates with people in the industry. From what I've been told from by my contacts it was a good win against a poor Southend team who still managed to cause a few problems. Still a much needed win even more so with other teams winning around the bottom. Still going to be very tight I'd imagine.

Heard some noises that Robinson's interview has caused a stir after he's virtually admitting defeat v Wigan by saying he will play a weakened team. Nothing like getting excuses in early eh. On we go.

Do you see dead people as well as hear voices??

Only mentioned what I was doing as there was doubts i would post. By the way. Anyone know why Faz has it in for Carroll?

Actually, being semi-serious here - what ARE your views on Faz, particularly while Pep was still here? Would you say he was hindering what Pep wanted to do? Did he have too much influence within the setup? Were there certain players that he would ostracise/be instrumental in sidelining (eg. the youngsters)? Do you think there is a risk that, if he stays at the club, similar issues may come up next season as well?

It would be good to get your input on this, as someone who appears to be ITK and/or has an opinion on this aspect, as clashes of philosophy among the staff could have a severe impact on the future of the club...

Sorry for the supposed silence, had a rather busy weekend taking in a a game or two and a couple of dinner dates with people in the industry. From what I've been told from by my contacts it was a good win against a poor Southend team who still managed to cause a few problems. Still a much needed win even more so with other teams winning around the bottom. Still going to be very tight I'd imagine.

Heard some noises that Robinson's interview has caused a stir after he's virtually admitting defeat v Wigan by saying he will play a weakened team. Nothing like getting excuses in early eh. On we go.

You are correct. Robinson will field a weakened team against Wigan. Mainly because Pep signed a bunch of average joes that he had no chance of motivating.

In view of our performances over the last three games where we drew against Oldham, lost to Fleetwood, but we would’ve won had it not been for some fantastic goalkeeping and a bit of luck / confidence in front of goal and finally a good win against Southend. Perhaps you should change the tread title to:
Robinson is the man (after all)

Had you seen any of these games you’d have to admit you might be wrong. The football is far better than under Pep. Personally I cannot believe how he’s turned things around. The players body language is clearly better and their confidence is growing with every game.

I wonder if Robinson’s weakened team will concede 7 like Peps.

I was a bit confused by Robinson’s comments re Ricardinho on Saturday, in that he said that it was Faz that told him to play him. Well if that is the case, then why did Faz drop him and then play him out of position for a number of games which Robinson continued for a few games afterwards, but after a number of tweets etc, whereby, fans were saying to put Ricardinho in at left back that he suddenly (Fleetwood game) put him in his rightful position? If Robinson in those first few games in charge basically let Faz/coaching select the team, why didn’t Faz put him in at left back if he believed that to be the correct decision? Personally, I believe the social media comments had an impact on Robinson making that change, but what’s more worrying during that period is, why did Faz not play him in his rightful/best position, especially as he’d seen him all season. Yes, Ricardinho went through a lean period after picking up and injury, but it was clear to me that a slightly unfit Richardinho was better than a fit Brown-Smith! Strange.

Last edited:
I was a bit confused by Robinson’s comments re Ricardinho on Saturday, in that he said that it was Faz that told him to play him. Well if that is the case, then why did Faz drop him and then play him out of position for a number of games which Robinson continued for a few games afterwards, but after a number of tweets etc, whereby, fans were saying to put Ricardinho in at left back that he suddenly (Fleetwood game) put him in his rightful position? If Robinson in those first few games in charge basically let Faz/coaching select the team, why didn’t Faz put him in at left back if he believed that to be the correct decision? Personally, I believe the social media comments had an impact on Robinson making that change, but what’s more worrying duringbthst period is, why did Faz not play him in his rightful/best position, especially as he’d seen him all season. Yes, Ricardinho went through a lean period after picking up and injury, but it was clear to me that a slightly unfit Richardinho was better than a fit Brown-Smith! Strange.

Probably because there was an agreement with Man City ASB had to start so many games for us which is normal for loan deals.

The biggest "I'm an a**e "post ive ever seen.Deluded prick.

Hello BTBY!
Lovely to hear from you again.
I might be in a minority, but I really enjoy your posts. Always an interesting read.
Now, I would guess that from your limited vocabulary, and numerous spelling mistakes, that English is not your first language. So, good on you for joining the forum!
And even more so, when I hear about your exciting life, with ‘dinner dates’, all your ‘contacts’ , ‘hearing noises’ and so on.
But great that , even with your jet set lifestyle, you find the time to share your thoughts.
You are obviously a man itk, and are also very obviously (and why not?) defending the reputation of your client/mate/brother/son Pep. Or maybe you are Pep?! Posting after another session at BCFC as coneman to Garry?!
Anyway, there is one thing that has puzzled me, and I have asked you several times, but as you are so busy, you haven’t managed to answer. And this is what puzzles me.....if Pep was/is so great, then why did he sign so many useless players? Now, I won’t have your breadth of knowledge and expertise, but I have watched loads of OUFC games over the years, and have a pretty decent idea of what a good lower league player looks like. So, in the hope that we get the benefit of your insight, here’s my one liner on each of the players that Pep signed, together with my view on what standard they are. Would love to hear your comments! Here goes....look forward to your insight.....
1. Ricardinho- a little bit slow. But very classy and composed. L1 standard. (See, BTBY we can be nice about your client’s signings)
2. Mowatt- even slower than Ricardinho. Quite skilful, and just about L1 standard (but only if you don’t really want to get promoted)
3. GVK- very fast, but appears not to understand how to play football. Falls over a lot. L2 standard on a good day
4. Mehmeti- looks quite menacing and kind of tough. But doesn’t appear to do anything. L2/Conference standard
5. Pekalksi- who knows? People who saw him pre season thought him useless, and the fact that Robinson hasn’t even put him on the bench suggests L2 at best
And finally, the two jewels in Pep’s crown....
6. Xemi- bewildered medical student cruelly flung into L1 by a family ‘friend’! Looked like a local non league player given 45 minutes pre season before being hooked. Conference South? Maybe.
7. Tiendalli- the look of horror on his face when Michael Jacobs of Wigan ran at him will stay with me a long time. Tubby and slow, even he looked amazed that he was still being paid to play. Had quite a nice trick where he flicked the ball through his legs. But that wasn’t really enough tbh. No longer fit to play pro or semi pro football

Hello BTBY!
Lovely to hear from you again.
I might be in a minority, but I really enjoy your posts. Always an interesting read.
Now, I would guess that from your limited vocabulary, and numerous spelling mistakes, that English is not your first language. So, good on you for joining the forum!
And even more so, when I hear about your exciting life, with ‘dinner dates’, all your ‘contacts’ , ‘hearing noises’ and so on.
But great that , even with your jet set lifestyle, you find the time to share your thoughts.
You are obviously a man itk, and are also very obviously (and why not?) defending the reputation of your client/mate/brother/son Pep. Or maybe you are Pep?! Posting after another session at BCFC as coneman to Garry?!
Anyway, there is one thing that has puzzled me, and I have asked you several times, but as you are so busy, you haven’t managed to answer. And this is what puzzles me.....if Pep was/is so great, then why did he sign so many useless players? Now, I won’t have your breadth of knowledge and expertise, but I have watched loads of OUFC games over the years, and have a pretty decent idea of what a good lower league player looks like. So, in the hope that we get the benefit of your insight, here’s my one liner on each of the players that Pep signed, together with my view on what standard they are. Would love to hear your comments! Here goes....look forward to your insight.....
1. Ricardinho- a little bit slow. But very classy and composed. L1 standard. (See, BTBY we can be nice about your client’s signings)
2. Mowatt- even slower than Ricardinho. Quite skilful, and just about L1 standard (but only if you don’t really want to get promoted)
3. GVK- very fast, but appears not to understand how to play football. Falls over a lot. L2 standard on a good day
4. Mehmeti- looks quite menacing and kind of tough. But doesn’t appear to do anything. L2/Conference standard
5. Pekalksi- who knows? People who saw him pre season thought him useless, and the fact that Robinson hasn’t even put him on the bench suggests L2 at best
And finally, the two jewels in Pep’s crown....
6. Xemi- bewildered medical student cruelly flung into L1 by a family ‘friend’! Looked like a local non league player given 45 minutes pre season before being hooked. Conference South? Maybe.
7. Tiendalli- the look of horror on his face when Michael Jacobs of Wigan ran at him will stay with me a long time. Tubby and slow, even he looked amazed that he was still being paid to play. Had quite a nice trick where he flicked the ball through his legs. But that wasn’t really enough tbh. No longer fit to play pro or semi pro football

Ouch

The two players who scored on Saturday. And two of the 3 favourites for player of the season. Remind me. Who signed those players?

MApp I believe.....

Come on this isn’t fair on Mapp. He was a quality manager for us. He had us playing some great football. With the help of a scouting team that he was in part responsible for he signed some of the best players we’ve seen in years.
Just because Mapp might have had players on a short list of possible targets it doesn’t mean he would’ve actually signed them. Furthermore with his guidance and coaching he may have got the player actually playing.
Just look at the difference between what Pep was achieving with the same players Robinson now has.
Even with the OPs obvious hard on for Pep it’s funny only a blinkered fool can’t see that Robinson has made a real impact. League 1 or 2 I’m looking forward to a great season.

I call into question Peps ability as a coach let alone a manager of men.
On my FA level 2, one of the fundamental philosophies was ‘coach the positives’ never coach a negative. I’ve seen this in business performance seminars too. Yet one of the first things Pep does is introduce a crappy old mini metro for the worst training player to drive. Totally wrong on so many levels. One look at the photo with the players sat on it will tell you they hated the idea. Some players don’t train well fact, but they might be chuffing brilliant on a Saturday. A real coach would hire a Lamborghini once a month for the player who has made the most improvement or achieved their targets.

Back
Top Bottom