Robinson is not the man

I have absolutely no idea whether Pep had much money to spend or not but what I don’t understand is why you’re mixing the ability of Robinson with the history of Pep. They’re not linked!

I’m confused is this a Pep was the man thread? An anti Eales, Brown, Fans thread? Or a Robinson is not the man thread as the title suggests?

I don’t know about budgets and all the crap that goes on behind the scenes but you’re ignoring all the evidence that Pep was a terrible manager.

Robinson may not have had the start he wanted in terms of results but for me there is a clear change in performance. It’s a bit like when Mapp was having a bad start. You can see there’s something there.
I dont agree. I am sorry but PEP was not a terrible manager.

PEP might not have been but Pep Clotet was, his early results were a hangover from Appleton, as Charlie says above we took a point a game from Blackpool onwards, we were poor in most of those games, had a gutless Bury do the double over (only) us, Wigan beat us by 7 and that probably didn’t reflect there dominance accurately.

We got lucky under him a few times to pick up wins Blackpool home, freak start to Plymouth away, those games probably kept him in the job a bit longer than he deserved, he ripped the heart out of the team in terms of confidence and was responsible for the worst run of signings in terms of percentage success rate of possibly any Oxford manager.

While he didn’t take the job in perfect circumstances, few Oxford managers have, he was probably given a better hand than a lot of previous incumbents, and quickly took us backwards.

Their website has virtually nothing on it except a contact email address (no phone number) their linked-in feed has only one name, David Gomez.
I checked their twitter feed the other day and it was actually quite weird:
Typically shifty coverage, always talked of the games they (aka Gomez, via the use of various selfies) were watching rather than which players were theirs etc, as though they either hardly have any clients or are ashamed of the ones they have! It seems that the bulk of their work is in or around Wales, where they do apparently have players at Swansea (presumably from the Clotet time), Newport (Augustien?), and some kids at Merthyr.
Other than that, Faycal Rherras at Hibs, Jon Dadi Bodvarrson at Reading & Joe Pigott at MAidstone, are the only others that get an actual mention. They did go to see Solihull once, which could have been Kelleher, and I am pretty certain they do actually have a couple more Oxford players join them while Pep was here as well as Roberts, but no mentions.

Is it just me, or would you not want to have all your clients names/showreels etc as pride of place on your website?
https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-global-sports-management-ltd/beraterfirma/berater/4969

Mods, just a quick question...is it ok to keep implying a poster (bazzer in this case) has a mental issue which requires medication?

I think it is treading a very fine line when there are people on this forum who will have suffered themselves or had people very close to them suffer from mental health issues.
He here is everyone's favourite Shrewsbury town worker. Can I ask you where I the forum rules it is allowed to send constant personal abuse to a poster.

Along with posting a photo of another user, this is bang out of order. Why do u think he uses pseudonym? Why do u think it’s ok for u to put that in the public domain when u haven’t even got the balls to post under your own name. Congratulations u have just become an official troll, rather than just pretending to be one

He here is everyone's favourite Shrewsbury town worker. Can I ask you where I the forum rules it is allowed to send constant personal abuse to a poster.
Hmm. Not sure BTBY. But perhaps you should have thought it through a little more before you started posting your ill informed drivel. Btw, is english your first language? If it is, I genuinely feel a bit sorry for you. Oh, and you never answered any of my questions. Or indeed any question come to that. Cheerio and close the door behind you!

Sorry to burst your bubble, you creep, but don't imagine you've just scooped a major story in naming a poster on here as an employee of another club. Old news, and irrelevant.

As far as Bazzer abusing you is concerned, I would imagine 100% of posters who care one way or the other would applaud him, and I'm pretty sure the moderation team will not side with a trolling troublemaker like you against an established icon like Baz.

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Tbh it’s totally sad that someone in this case @Borntobeyellow has to lower himself to try and get bites or whatever then what does he expect?as for abuse calling someone a dickhead, knob or prick if that’s abuse to him then he wouldn’t want to meet most of us I’s fans if we were pissed of.
Maybe it’s my way I don’t know but he should have been banned as him posting garbage on here is. The sad sign of someone who doesn’t have a life.

Like to thank Pete and Dave for the support but the joke is on BTBY when the club I do work for isn’t Shrewsbury Town.

A fair few posters know who I am and if anyone does wish to know who I am I’ve always said people can just send me a PM.

I just have pitty on someone who works for a ‘proffessional’ Company within the game is that insecure they feel the need to troll a Internet forum.

My question to the mods regarding the mental health comments that continually get made still stand by the way as I think it would be helpful to know where the line is when it comes to insulting another forum member (a respected one at that too).

I work for Real Madrid, tall over tanned muscular lad up front who isn’t vain at all if that helps you guess, but I still support Oxford, just hope admitting that doesn’t stop me getting big offers from intergalactic Julian top Ballers Express, down to me last £300 million quid as it is.

I dont agree. I am sorry but PEP was not a terrible manager.
How do you come to that conclusion?

First management job (UE Figueres): in charge for 9 games, fired after relegation, went back to youth coaching
Then (Espanyol reserves): in charge for 7 games, fired, club relegated, went back to being an assistant elsewhere
Then (Halmstads BK): club finished last, relegated, Clotet left and went back to coaching
Then (Malaga reserves): lasted one season, left, went to 'academy consultant' then assistant at Swansea.
Then (us): record home defeat, beaten twice by the leagues whipping boys, signed a whole load of rotten players, fired, went back to being an assistant again.

There is a pattern there! Gets a management job, fails - goes back to being an assistant or coach somewhere, quite often with someone he has worked with before. That seems to say that he in fact IS a terrible manager, but probably quite a decent assistant or coach if he is asked to implement someone else's ideas. There's no shame in that; not everyone can be a chief, you need indians as well (is that racist?). It's just a shame that we had to be the club to finally cement that fact.

First management job (UE Figueres): in charge for 9 games, fired after relegation, went back to youth coaching
Then (Espanyol reserves): in charge for 7 games, fired, club relegated, went back to being an assistant elsewhere
Then (Halmstads BK): club finished last, relegated, Clotet left and went back to coaching
Then (Malaga reserves): lasted one season, left, went to 'academy consultant' then assistant at Swansea.
Then (us): record home defeat, beaten twice by the leagues whipping boys, signed a whole load of rotten players, fired, went back to being an assistant again.

There is a pattern there! Gets a management job, fails - goes back to being an assistant or coach somewhere, quite often with someone he has worked with before. That seems to say that he in fact IS a terrible manager, but probably quite a decent assistant or coach if he is asked to implement someone else's ideas. There's no shame in that; not everyone can be a chief, you need indians as well (is that racist?). It's just a shame that we had to be the club to finally cement that fact.
You would have thought that would have set the alarm bells off when they looked at his cv

Ok.ok. I am wrong. I also did that research on wikipedia when he signed. A good technical coach but NOT a manager, I have to agree with. He turned down Brentford managers role when @ Leeds, citing being loyal to Monk. Maybe he knows he isnt management material and there is no disgrace in that.

Who the feck gave him the job with that CV ? Was it just down to DE or did we have a panel ? Wouldn`t have got short-listed in my world....

Well he certainly was consistent. The damage he did to the club this season made me nostalgic for the likes of Kemp and Patto. Didn't see too much of his coaching success here either!

The irony of this thread is that many, many on here thought that the appointment of Clotet was fantastic. The old forum confirms it!! I doubted him from the start purely down to his previous disastrous attempts at management. Still its in the past now, move on.

The irony of this thread is that many, many on here thought that the appointment of Clotet was fantastic. The old forum confirms it!! I doubted him from the start purely down to his previous disastrous attempts at management. Still its in the past now, move on.

It's in the past, move on........but just before we move on you decided to pop on and tell everyone that in hindsight you were right and they were all wrong. Then move on. ;)

Back
Top Bottom