Robinson is not the man

You can knock Pep all you like but the facts are he was 10th in the league with targets lined up which would have addressed the squad needs and lifted the club into the playoffs.

I'd like you to tell the forum the circumstances, circa 15 January, around recalling or not as the case was, of Kane Hemmings.

A question. Everyone is quick to praise Robinson despite a below average start to his time at Oxford.

So if he was this highly thought after. Why did Charlton let him go? Why were charlton fans glad to see him go? Why did clubs further up the leagues not appoint him?

Charlton don't listen to Sarge have been on a much better run since he left. Oxford since he took over have been average some would say poor.

You can knock Pep all you like but the facts are he was 10th in the league with targets lined up which would have addressed the squad needs and lifted the club into the playoffs.

And who was it who said I would be banned by the middle of this week? Was it Dave? Guess just like Oxford sacking Pep you have made a mistake. Have a nice day.
I cannot believe your judging Robinson with the crap he's got in his team.

We've competed in everygame under Robinson which is more then we done with pep at some points. It's impressive that Robinson has even picked up points when he probably only has 15 players good enough for this league.

He's got strikers who have got 19 goals between 4 of them.

Maybe wait to judge Robinson until mid September/beginning of October when he has had the summer to fix this team.

A question. Everyone is quick to praise Robinson despite a below average start to his time at Oxford.

So if he was this highly thought after. Why did Charlton let him go? Why were charlton fans glad to see him go? Why did clubs further up the leagues not appoint him?

Charlton don't listen to Sarge have been on a much better run since he left. Oxford since he took over have been average some would say poor.

And who was it who said I would be banned by the middle of this week? Was it Dave? Guess just like Oxford sacking Pep you have made a mistake. Have a nice day.

Sorry I mistakenly thought malc was away for one week not two. Let’s see how your doing this Monday, when he’s back at work troll hunting [emoji6]

Come on Julian, this is all getting a bit silly now

Sorry I mistakenly thought malc was away for one week not two. Let’s see how your doing this Monday, when he’s back at work troll hunting [emoji6]
Sure thing. So. What shall we have as a prize to the winner? Interesting responses to the question. Forget about Chris Wilder. Charlton fans had gotten tired of Robinson and his excuses. They had gotten tired of his tactics and playing style. At the moment it's a novelty for Oxford fans listening to him in the press. It's all fresh and new. He did exactly the same at Charlton.

As for the writing style. Had a little more time the last day or two so have been able to reply without being out in between meetings and traveling. Busy weekend lined up with clients so that'll be likely to change. Have a nice day.

Charlton fans had gotten tired of Robinson and his excuses. They had gotten tired of his tactics and playing style.
As someone else mentioned above, simply replace Charlton with Oxford, and Robinson with Pep, and it's exactly the same situation.

Quite simply, under Pep we weren't improving; we were treading water (at best). On 1st Oct, we were in 13th place, 4 pts off the playoffs. On 1st Nov, we were in 10th, and 2 pts away. 1st Dec, 9th place and 8 pts. 1st Jan, 10th place and 6 pts, 22nd Jan, 10th and 8 pts (and having played one game more).

And after the 1st Nov when we WERE in touching distance of the playoffs, Pep managed to lose at home to 21st placed Northampton, get a goalless draw at Rochdale who were only out of the relegation zone on goal difference, lose at home to bottom-of-the-table Bury, and ship 11 (Eleven) goals in two home games against the top-of-the-table teams.

So between 1st Nov and when he was sacked, Pep had taken the team from 2 pts away from a playoff spot to, effectively, 11 pts. But, yeah, of course he was going to turn it around.....

So have you now admitted that you aren't an Oxford supporter, but are in fact Pep's embittered agent?

Just so we know.
Told Mark long ago that I travel alot through work it's no secret.

Your really not that good a troll. I think u would like it very much if we all thought that was who u were and u could wind up even more people.
U let yourself down with your last post. Ur Far more likely to be either the young scummer or dagger. Than an Oufc fan or football agent u are trying to suggest

I cannot believe your judging Robinson with the crap he's got in his team.

We've competed in everygame under Robinson which is more then we done with pep at some points. It's impressive that Robinson has even picked up points when he probably only has 15 players good enough for this league.

He's got strikers who have got 19 goals between 4 of them.

Maybe wait to judge Robinson until mid September/beginning of October when he has had the summer to fix this team.
Basically Peps team. I suspect things will be vastly different by Christmas. The 4 strikers are too injury prone although I would probably keep Thomas who has 11 of the 19 goals. He was an Appleton signing and if we could only keep him fit would get close to 20 goals

Last edited:
He's American or doing an impression of one giving himself away with English language tics.

And who was it who said I would be banned by the middle of this week?
I don't think you should be banned, far from it. The day people are banned from this forum for having a different opinion is the day it dies! Even if you are mental in the head you're still entitled to an opinion.

Why did clubs further up the leagues not appoint him?
I don't know I'm not sure how many clubs were actually without a manager when we appointed him. Perhaps the reason for his delayed appointment was that he had offers from clubs higher up? Who knows? To give a balanced view I would ask you - Why, if Pep was such a good manager, didn't clubs further up the leagues appoint him (Pep)? After all he was 10th in league one and doing a great job in your opinion?

Charlton have been on a much better run since he left.
No they haven't. Why do you keep saying that?
Under Robinson Charlton:
Lost 12 games but they included:
Plymouth
Wigan
Scunny
Pompy
Blackburn
Bradford
Peterborough
Shrewsbury
All these teams were/are in and around the top ten teams in the league - In case you didn't know Pep.

With Robinson they had a point per game average of 1.42 without 1.57 nothing in it!

Under Robinson they were in and around the top 3-9 the whole season and they still are?
Under Robinson apart from the odd match (Oxford's luck away win) they lost to a lot of the top teams and beat the ones you'd expect them to. Quite steady really and they still are. I mean it's not like they were sh1t under him and suddenly became world beaters!

There is absolutely no evidence that.
1) He was supposed to address the squad needs at the start of the season and er he didn't.
What do you think of the players he signed? You cannot say you think they were of league 1 quality because as you have stated the squad had 'needs' to put it mildly!
2) If you'd given Pep your money at the start of the season and he signed the terrible players he did. Would you trust him with anymore of your hard earned cash?

Look you can argue all you want that Pep was the man. However I think you're on your own mate.

But you seem to be trying to put down a manager who is picking up the pieces of an absolute shambles of a recruitment process. Why not support him and judge him when he has had a summer to build a new squad.

Your really not that good a troll. I think u would like it very much if we all thought that was who u were and u could wind up even more people.
U let yourself down with your last post. Ur Far more likely to be either the young scummer or dagger. Than an Oufc fan or football agent u are trying to suggest
I think that he is likely to be a school child or somebody pretty odd.

Having said that the agents comments following Pep's dismissal were very odd and unprofessional.

Sure thing. So. What shall we have as a prize to the winner? Interesting responses to the question. Forget about Chris Wilder. Charlton fans had gotten tired of Robinson and his excuses. They had gotten tired of his tactics and playing style. At the moment it's a novelty for Oxford fans listening to him in the press. It's all fresh and new. He did exactly the same at Charlton.

As for the writing style. Had a little more time the last day or two so have been able to reply without being out in between meetings and traveling. Busy weekend lined up with clients so that'll be likely to change. Have a nice day.
Dustbin Driver,Taxi Driver, Mental patient or rent Boy?

Last edited:
Some interesting comments and breakdowns of results. Worthy of the thread. Interesting. Not many people have mentioned Eales and his role in pep's departure and the transfers. It's well documented on here about the transfer budget Pep was suppose to have had. It was no where near what was promised and Eales was trying to sell the club right back in the summer. Players were sold despite assurances that they wouldn't be. Then the money promised in transfer fees wasn't kept to. Is it any wonder Pep had to resort to his contacts and players he knew and players he could get in which matched his budget.

Some interesting comments and breakdowns of results. Worthy of the thread. Interesting. Not many people have mentioned Eales and his role in pep's departure and the transfers. It's well documented on here about the transfer budget Pep was suppose to have had. It was no where near what was promised and Eales was trying to sell the club right back in the summer. Players were sold despite assurances that they wouldn't be. Then the money promised in transfer fees wasn't kept to. Is it any wonder Pep had to resort to his contacts and players he knew and players he could get in which matched his budget.

One of the few things that you have written that I actually could believe. Pep was probably let down by DE. BUT that still doesn't forgive him for the players signed and the 'soft underbelly' that he managed to produce that wasn't there before.
I am not close to the club. but it seems evident (since Pep left) that the players were unhappy with the intensity of the training and it appears that Eastwood especially wanted to leave whilst Pep was around.
So yes there is some mitigation for Pep, but much of the issues were his fault.

Back
Top Bottom