Robinson is not the man

Just to emphasise the sheer lunacy of the idea that the team started against Wigan (y’know the one that would ‘give them a game’) was competitive...our midfield two in that game was Ruffels and bloody Xemi. XEMI AND RUFFELS!

Ledson on the bench, Rothwell on the bench. Tiendalli and Williamson starting. Payne off at HT.

The idea that this team was going to be competitive against Wigan’s quality is farcical. And the thing is, being in the ground when the teams were announced we all KNEW it wasn’t good enough.

What a shambolic, ludicrous statement. Steering clear of whether it was right or wrong to get rid of Clotet - there is absolutely no defending that starting line-up against Wigan. None whatsoever. It was one of the most obvious, predictable, sad and bleak managerial errors I’ve seen in my time watching Oxford.

I can't decide whether I want this thread locked, because this guy is just so clueless and there's nothing worth saying, or whether I want it to continue because of the pure hilarity of the s**t he's spewing.
Personal favourite quotes thus far are, "had a rather busy weekend taking in a a game or two and a couple of dinner dates with people in the industry.", which I consider to be the cringiest statement I've ever read on this forum, and "Yes 7-0 wasn't ideal" - which I consider not dissimilar in terms of understatement to, for example, if Adam Johnson were to suggest his conviction for paedophilia was "not ideal" for his England career.

I can't decide whether I want this thread locked, because this guy is just so clueless and there's nothing worth saying, or whether I want it to continue because of the pure hilarity of the s**t he's spewing.
Personal favourite quotes thus far are, "had a rather busy weekend taking in a a game or two and a couple of dinner dates with people in the industry.", which I consider to be the cringiest statement I've ever read on this forum, and "Yes 7-0 wasn't ideal" - which I consider not dissimilar in terms of understatement to, for example, if Adam Johnson were to suggest his conviction for paedophilia was "not ideal" for his England career.
Are you saying born to love Pep should be locked up?

Yes 7-0 wasn't ideal but pep played a team to give Wigan a game. I was speaking to a Wigan back room member tbefore the game and we were discussing the teams and how Oxford and Wigan would set up. Told him that Pep had planned to play a footballing game and the selection would match that. Pep believed in the style he wanted to play if you think back to Bradford at home lots of Oxford fans were saying that's the best football they had seen for years. 3 points lost. Robinson played anti football and got the same result. Pep and his style would have easily got positive results with everything he planned.

10th in the league and whilst the team may not have made the playoffs. They certainly would have been no where the bottom of Wales has held his nerve and giving Pep the players he had lined up (yes they were part of the Appleton/club shortlist as well as previous players and talent from overseas)

Eales also needs to answer why he said pep was on a European scouting mission when I can tell you for fact that when that was announced he was sitting in his apartment in Jericho very shocked to learn that this story was being published. Still. Eales has never been one for the whole truth. Look at the dealings with Tiger which cost the club Bellamy and may well cost the club it's league 1 place.

I have to say that towards the end of his time the play and tactics were totally inept. The football was boring to watch and somehow the team managed to pass sideways, more often than forward. Pep had no answer to any team that pressed our defence and Pep somehow managed to bring out the worst in Mousinho. Basically in the end Pep was clueless. Take a look at his CV when he has been in charge its always ended dismally , but I'm sure he is a nice bloke.

"Talent from overseas" :) Pep was an absolute expert at "Talent" from overseas.

I am interested if being totally humiliated 7-0 is just "Not ideal" what constitutes an absolute disaster. Hold I have got it Not keeping Pep on forever was way worse than "not ideal".

BorntobePep sure is entertaining even if he is an obvious troll.

"Talent from overseas" :) Pep was an absolute expert at "Talent" from overseas.

I am interested if being totally humiliated 7-0 is just "Not ideal" what constitutes an absolute disaster. Hold I have got it Not keeping Pep on forever was way worse than "not ideal".

BorntobePep sure is entertaining even if he is an obvious troll.

Yup absolutely hilarious!

Totally ignoring the facts in place of an idea that is game by game becoming more and more bizarre. I mean it’s clear Robinson is the right man.

I have no idea and neither can anyone else know whether Pep would’ve turned it around. However the fact that we were playing some terrible football, the players were unhappy, lacking any motivation and Peps post match interviews showed he didn’t have a clue would suggest he’d lost it. Home and away defeats to Bury record losses again don’t make you think Pep was the man! I think you’re the only person I know who thinks Pep was/is a better manager than Robinson.

I say again it was the delayed appointment that cost us nothing more.

Robinson is doing a great job as far as I can tell and I cannot understand why you can’t see that from the Football we’re playing, the attitude of the players, the support of the fans.
I think there is a bit of a buzz about Oxford again.

Yup absolutely hilarious!

Totally ignoring the facts in place of an idea that is game by game becoming more and more bizarre. I mean it’s clear Robinson is the right man.

I have no idea and neither can anyone else know whether Pep would’ve turned it around. However the fact that we were playing some terrible football, the players were unhappy, lacking any motivation and Peps post match interviews showed he didn’t have a clue would suggest he’d lost it. Home and away defeats to Bury record losses again don’t make you think Pep was the man! I think you’re the only person I know who thinks Pep was/is a better manager than Robinson.

I say again it was the delayed appointment that cost us nothing more.

Robinson is doing a great job as far as I can tell and I cannot understand why you can’t see that from the Football we’re playing, the attitude of the players, the support of the fans.
I think there is a bit of a buzz about Oxford again.
Theres no chance what so ever that Pep would've turned us around,we were going down easy.One of the most inept managers weve ever had.

When I read about maguire being told to stay away from bury it makes me wonder what sort of working relationship he would of had with pep, can’t see that would have been good.
With MApp going maybe it’s just as well maguire didn’t sign
I can’t imagine maguire being bullied by mr inept, but can imagine him being managed by Robinson.

A question. Everyone is quick to praise Robinson despite a below average start to his time at Oxford.

So if he was this highly thought after. Why did Charlton let him go? Why were charlton fans glad to see him go? Why did clubs further up the leagues not appoint him?

Charlton don't listen to Sarge have been on a much better run since he left. Oxford since he took over have been average some would say poor.

You can knock Pep all you like but the facts are he was 10th in the league with targets lined up which would have addressed the squad needs and lifted the club into the playoffs.

And who was it who said I would be banned by the middle of this week? Was it Dave? Guess just like Oxford sacking Pep you have made a mistake. Have a nice day.

A question. Everyone is quick to praise Robinson despite a below average start to his time at Oxford.

So if he was this highly thought after. Why did Charlton let him go? Why were charlton fans glad to see him go? Why did clubs further up the leagues not appoint him?

Charlton don't listen to Sarge have been on a much better run since he left. Oxford since he took over have been average some would say poor.

You can knock Pep all you like but the facts are he was 10th in the league with targets lined up which would have addressed the squad needs and lifted the club into the playoffs.

And who was it who said I would be banned by the middle of this week? Was it Dave? Guess just like Oxford sacking Pep you have made a mistake. Have a nice day.

f**k off.

You don't get to ask questions if you don't answer them.

Why did Charlton let him go? Because he made it clear he wanted to leave and it was in no one's interest for him to stay.

Why do the fans hate him? As an Oxford fan you will recall Wilder leaving. No one wants to see someone turn their back on our club and with us or your not.

Why didn't Robinson go to a higher club? Maybe he saw something at Oxford to show that they were much bigger than their league position demonstrates.

Why are Charlton doing well? They were 7th when he left and have maintained the same form. No one would be surprised to see them doing well in all honesty.

So what is the point you are making other than claiming again that Pep was on the verge of doing something he'd not done in the 6 months before?

Only you (or you and Pep) believe that.

Just out of interest, who were these targets? A Sumatran central mid-fielder who once played a trial for Racing Santander? A chubby central midfield generalissimo from Danubio in Uruguay who's been side-lined for 15 months with a foot infection? A striker who happens to be Tuvalu's third choice and was attracting a lot of attention from teams near the top of the pile in Kazakhstan until his knee issues? A 17 y-o who's finished his A-Levels and is planning a stint at language school in Oxford and whose dad's a mate of Pep's mum?

Be honest here sh!t for brains. Why are you on here? You’re on a wind up obviously everyone can see that. All you do is go one about “Pep” being better than our popular manager KR. You don’t support oxford so why are you on our forum. On here we are having a bit of fun with you and tolerating your idiotic rantings but it won’t last and when we get bored of you then you will be banished back under your flea infested bridge.

In answer to your question, I'd reserve judgement on Robinson until at least Christmas, if not Easter next year. He's having to work with another manager's players. Once he gets his own type of player in, then we can judge.

Why didn't Charlton try and keep him and why were Charlton fans happy to see him go? We were happy to see Wilder go, and the club let him go, but he's done alright for himself.

Perhaps you can answer this one: If Pep is such a great manager, why has he gone back to putting out cones for Garry Monk? Does he not believe in himself enough to get a manager's job? In fact you could ask the same questions about Pep as you asked about Robinson, namely: "So if he was this highly thought after. Why did Charlton Oxford let him go? Why were charlton Oxford fans glad to see him go? Why did clubs further up the leagues not appoint him?"

You know that for many weeks our league position of 8th,9th,10th was in fact a false one.
True we had a good start,scoring lots of goals,but our team performances were fast going downhill.
That combined with the teams below,started to gather themselves, conspired to where we are now.
You continue to defend Pep’s record-have you ever considered cutting your losses and decamping to Birmingham City ?

Back
Top Bottom