Robinson is not the man

Come on this isn’t fair on Mapp. He was a quality manager for us. He had us playing some great football. With the help of a scouting team that he was in part responsible for he signed some of the best players we’ve seen in years.
Just because Mapp might have had players on a short list of possible targets it doesn’t mean he would’ve actually signed them. Furthermore with his guidance and coaching he may have got the player actually playing.
Just look at the difference between what Pep was achieving with the same players Robinson now has.
Even with the OPs obvious hard on for Pep it’s funny only a blinkered fool can’t see that Robinson has made a real impact. League 1 or 2 I’m looking forward to a great season.

I can fully understand the signing of Obika. He has his strengths, we just don’t see them often enough. With both strikers both are unable to complete 30mins plus at high intensity....hence they look better as impact subs than starters.

As for putting the blame on MApp...In this article we had already opened talks so was a little more than just on a shortlist. Incidentally, I don’t think signing Obika was a mistake, but whilst Clotet was here once Obika signed the wheels were already in motion : http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/1...rare_move_to_Oxford_United_from_Swindon_Town/

Why did we only travel up today? Robinson saying we need to learn, well we normally stay up the night before so why didn’t we do it for this game if that’s what he felt was required, it’s not as though he’s just arrived.

Last edited:
Robinson saying he’s a striker when referring to GVK about holding the ball up, well not trying to defend GVK, but not all strikers are there to just hold up the ball e.g. Sterling

So close yet so far it would seem. Two weeks in a row a late late goal could prove costly. Now because of his choice to leave players in Oxford Saturday is a high pressure game. I wonder what sound bites or who will be to blame this week.

So close yet so far it would seem. Two weeks in a row a late late goal could prove costly. Now because of his choice to leave players in Oxford Saturday is a high pressure game. I wonder what sound bites or who will be to blame this week.

Its actually pretty sad that you have nothing better to do but troll when real Oxford fans are actually fairly pleased with the battling performances and desire (if not the results).

We are Oxford, win or lose. All most of us want is a team that fights for everything and gives it all on the pitch. You will never understand that because you haven't been on the terraces with real fans.

So crack on with your little posts but please don't for a second think that anyone cares what you have to say.

Quite a lengthy post for somebody who doesn't care. Still if you are happy with Robinson and his record then that's all that matters.

We know who's to blame! Your client aka Monk's toilet cleaner ???????????????????

I am thanks. He has shown more in 6 games than Pep did in 30.
It is a numbers game and Robinson and his don't stack up. Pep would easily have battered the record of Faz and Robinson. Strange how fans weren't happy with pep and sitting comfortably in 10th yet are seemingly delighted with heading closer and closer to the league 1 trapdoor. Strange world.

It is a numbers game and Robinson and his don't stack up. Pep would easily have battered the record of Faz and Robinson. Strange how fans weren't happy with pep and sitting comfortably in 10th yet are seemingly delighted with heading closer and closer to the league 1 trapdoor. Strange world.
Uhm we were heading backwards and PEP had lost the players. Robinson is working with PEPs mess.[/QUOTE]

And full of strange inbred little cuntz like you

Good result for Charlton tonight Sarge. Amazing what a positive manager can do when set up the right way.

Back
Top Bottom