Robinson is not the man

I have been looking for this graph all season! From Experimental361, it shows our expected goal difference and our actual goal difference trend over time. Basically, I'm looking at the red line because it looks at our average expected goal difference over time - did we create more good chances than our opponents - I think this shows really clearly whether we played well.

I've overlaid Pep's reign on this, Faz's time in charge, and KR taking over. I think the lines tell their own story. Pep's agent is deluded if he thinks he deserves another manager's job, he was taking us down. We were getting worse and worse and worse.

I had two surprises when I looked at this. If I believe in the graph, which I do, it suggests that Faz did a much better job steadying the ship than I'd given him credit for. Need to re-examine his role in our season, I think.

Finally, there are huge areas of "under-achievement" under KR - our actual goal difference is worse than our expected goal difference - this has to be down to the finishing and KR was right to let Thomas go. I can't believe we'll hang onto Obika if we get an even half-decent offer.Untitled.png

I have been looking for this graph all season! From Experimental361, it shows our expected goal difference and our actual goal difference trend over time. Basically, I'm looking at the red line because it looks at our average expected goal difference over time - did we create more good chances than our opponents - I think this shows really clearly whether we played well.

I've overlaid Pep's reign on this, Faz's time in charge, and KR taking over. I think the lines tell their own story. Pep's agent is deluded if he thinks he deserves another manager's job, he was taking us down. We were getting worse and worse and worse.

I had two surprises when I looked at this. If I believe in the graph, which I do, it suggests that Faz did a much better job steadying the ship than I'd given him credit for. Need to re-examine his role in our season, I think.

Finally, there are huge areas of "under-achievement" under KR - our actual goal difference is worse than our expected goal difference - this has to be down to the finishing and KR was right to let Thomas go. I can't believe we'll hang onto Obika if we get an even half-decent offer.View attachment 508
And look at how many more chances we stuck away than we should have when we had Hylton in the team in 2015/16... I'd have him back in a second. I'll go and post that in another thread!

Finally, there are huge areas of "under-achievement" under KR - our actual goal difference is worse than our expected goal difference - this has to be down to the finishing and KR was right to let Thomas go. I can't believe we'll hang onto Obika if we get an even half-decent offer.View attachment 508

On your last point, a bag of crisps and the taxi fare to get there?

I agree. But any team in L1, maybe for the exception of Wigan and Blackburn would seriously struggle with the summer turmoil on/off the pitch, losing Ribs, Nelson and Robbie, at the same time having to bed in a number of "imports" etc..

But I feel DE is to blame for 17/18 season. I dont think there was any succession planning, not surprising with the SD/Satori take-over. It was a difficult time for all concerned and we were lucky that Tiger invested when he did and paid out out substantial compensation for CAFC for KR., or we of been following K Thomas and NTFC back into L2.
have a word with yourself

To confirm he isnt Pep agents. Only player under contract to his agency is James Roberts.

Must have been pep himself them, he was so far up peps a**e they could have been Siamese twins.

How come Charlie was is in PR and Borntobeyellow was sort of in PR and both have gone at the same time? One banned and one of his own account.
#multi

Back
Top Bottom