Robinson is a clown

You have stated that Oxford are a basketcase of a club on the back of incorrect facts and things 'you've heard'. So no, I don't respect that.

Suit yourself. Your argument is exactly the same as mine, we are just at polar opposites. I can respect that. I suppose only time will tell how this story turns out, neither of us has a crystal ball.

Not sure where you get incorrect facts from but hey ho, I’ll let that slide.

Relegated, he had lost Eastwood, Ledson and s few others, they didn’t like the man and were going, he wouldn’t play Dickie but would play Tiendeli and Xemi.

He got lucky for a few months but the results had gone down hill, we are the only team to lose at home to Bury, so he was rightly sacked.

I don’t think we would of got 10 more points.

Were we the only club that Bury did the double over?

You have stated that Oxford are a basketcase of a club on the back of incorrect facts and things 'you've heard'. So no, I don't respect that.

"Basket Case: A country or organization that is in severe financial or economic difficulties, especially one that is unable to pay its debts."

Given that: 1) OUFC is a multi-million loss-making club with approx £4m of future cash flows slipping into the pocket of former chairman Eeles 2) £500k per annum is lining Ka$$am's pocket for a 3-sided unfinished wind tunnel from which the club receives no commercial benefit and 3) HMRC had to issue a winding up order to get an overdue tax bill paid whilst 4) our owner based on the over side of the globe quit Reading due to the high costs involved and had to purchase the club on tick to me at least is strong evidence that we are in basket case territory.

Plenty of other clubs out there can also be labelled the same so at least we are not alone.

"Basket Case: A country or organization that is in severe financial or economic difficulties, especially one that is unable to pay its debts."

Given that: 1) OUFC is a multi-million loss-making club with approx £4m of future cash flows slipping into the pocket of former chairman Eeles 2) £500k per annum is lining Ka$$am's pocket for a 3-sided unfinished wind tunnel from which the club receives no commercial benefit and 3) HMRC had to issue a winding up order to get an overdue tax bill paid whilst 4) our owner based on the over side of the globe quit Reading due to the high costs involved and had to purchase the club on tick to me at least is strong evidence that we are in basket case territory.

Plenty of other clubs out there can also be labelled the same so at least we are not alone.

If losing money as a club makes us a basketcase then 90% of clubs are in the same boat - especially if we use the tax situation as evidence of financial ruin!

But Robinson appears happy with the club, the likes of Hall looking to take up the option of another year and Ricardinho wanting to stay, season ticket prices being frozen etc - we are not in the dire position some seem determined to prove!

I just hope he'll be here at the start of next season. I just have this nagging doubt that he will be because I get the impression from some of his interviews that the budget for next season has not been absolutely finalised and he's the sort to walk if he doesn't like what he hears. I guess we will see if Tiger is the man or not.

I hope he stays. He'll bring in his own staff and hopefully he can do as good as job as he did at MK and Charlton.

I will be totally honest not hide behind the curtains. 1st a managerial Appointment with the wow factor, he appoints Robinson, for me that is not the wow factor more like damn is that it ffs. Glad i was wrong in my thinking thank f**k this isn’t the wow appointment but the man who will get the job done appointment. I think we’re safe technically we’re just t but pretty confident. Now KR’s job will be identifying recruits going to Tiger and saying this is what I want I want it now and not 3/4 weeks before the new season starts. Robinson knows what he wants and he certainly didn’t leave Charlton to come here and make the numbers up.

Now Me I am personally impressed with LR his interviews are direct and not bloody Fockusd as someone used to say. Also hearing his gob when getting messages to the players and I’m sitting in the East stand or
Like yesterday Donny away the noise from the supporters and I still hear his gob.
Well done Robbo and from me welcome and looking forward to your tenure with the mighty U’s

If losing money as a club makes us a basketcase then 90% of clubs are in the same boat - especially if we use the tax situation as evidence of financial ruin!

But Robinson appears happy with the club, the likes of Hall looking to take up the option of another year and Ricardinho wanting to stay, season ticket prices being frozen etc - we are not in the dire position some seem determined to prove!
I think there is a huge misinterpretation of SEVERE and UNABLE both do not apply to us except perhaps in the dictionary of those wishing to continuously berate

Like what he said about recruiting players who have been promoted and who know what it takes.

Hypothetical question - Where do we think we'd have ended up had we kept Pep?

No No No :)
You’ll just feed the trolls

I think there is a huge misinterpretation of SEVERE and UNABLE both do not apply to us except perhaps in the dictionary of those wishing to continuously berate

Frankly, we are at the mercy of a little bow-tie wearing chap with no historical links to our club or county - a fellow with a limited command of the English language and commutes to the club from Asia (FFS!) to keep the wolf from the door and keep the club afloat. The club itself, as a going concern, is a complete and utter basket case.

Frankly, we are at the mercy of a little bow-tie wearing chap with no historical links to our club or county - a fellow with a limited command of the English language and commutes to the club from Asia (FFS!) to keep the wolf from the door and keep the club afloat. The club itself, as a going concern, is a complete and utter basket case.

Are you for real? Before you start to belittle a man that may turn out to be the investor we are looking for, and with him. Being responsible for the signings of Dickie and Brannigan and the recruitment of Robinson, wait until next season starts before you belittle him as it could be you might praise him.

Last edited:
Me and the boy just got home, although we did stop off at my sister's on the way. Well done the lads and I don't think there would have been more going under Pep ??? lads are more up for it now more than any other part of the season. COYY's

Are you for real? Before you start to belittle a man that may turn out to be the investor we are looking for, and with him. Being responsible for the signings of Dickie and Brannigan and the recruitment of Robinson, wait until next season starts before you belittle him as it could be you might praise him.

Where have I belittled the man? Everything I have said is fact. I would be delighted if he does indeed turn out to be the saviour of our club. Still early days, non?

If, pray that it doesn't, it turns out that he's full of guff and doesn't have the financial muscle then the club is toast. However, some on here would like to carry on as if the club isn't a basket case. Strange.

Who was the last owner who had a previous historical link to our club? As for links to this country or his grasp of the language, who cares? Sartori was the best thing since Mothers Pride in the eyes of some, but the same would apply to him.

And how many clubs can you name that routinely break even or make a profit? The fact that we did last year shows that we ate far from being the basket case you claim.

I will be totally honest not hide behind the curtains. 1st a managerial Appointment with the wow factor, he appoints Robinson, for me that is not the wow factor more like damn is that it ffs. Glad i was wrong in my thinking thank f**k this isn’t the wow appointment but the man who will get the job done appointment. I think we’re safe technically we’re just t but pretty confident. Now KR’s job will be identifying recruits going to Tiger and saying this is what I want I want it now and not 3/4 weeks before the new season starts. Robinson knows what he wants and he certainly didn’t leave Charlton to come here and make the numbers up.

Now Me I am personally impressed with LR his interviews are direct and not bloody Fockusd as someone used to say. Also hearing his gob when getting messages to the players and I’m sitting in the East stand or
Like yesterday Donny away the noise from the supporters and I still hear his gob.
Well done Robbo and from me welcome and looking forward to your tenure with the mighty U’s
Thanks bazzer, your not bad either ?

Who was the last owner who had a previous historical link to our club? As for links to this country or his grasp of the language, who cares? Sartori was the best thing since Mothers Pride in the eyes of some, but the same would apply to him.

And how many clubs can you name that routinely break even or make a profit? The fact that we did last year shows that we ate far from being the basket case you claim.

You are pretty good at twisting words to suit your argument. Let me give you an example.

You say we made a profit last year. We only got to that point because of player sales as a result of the original strategy as implemented by Eales and Ashton.

It’s clear that strategy lost its way as Clotet came in.

The weak link in your argument is that Eales’ sale to Tiger means that he gets the benefit of sales of our existing assets and not the club. So we say goodbye to our only hope of turning a profit this year and probably next.

So not only do we not own the stadium (a key revenue generator) but now we don’t even get the benefit of any players we sell over the summer (how we made a profit last year). I’m no accountant but a company who knows it is not going to make a profit is effectively trading insolvent. Here’s the official line:

“Trading whilst insolvent refers to when directors continue to trade their company despite the fact it has become insolvent; insolvent usually being defined as when a company can no longer make day to day payments for the continuation of trade, or if assets are outweighed by liabilities on the balance sheet.”

So, please tell me, where do you get your positivity from because I need some! How do you think we won’t go further into debt during Tiger’s tenure? Do you think his plan involves coming in with sufficient investment which is going to clear the decks?

I am simply responding to what others post. You and others have stated that Oxford are a 'basketcase'. Then an explanation was offered saying it must be true as we are in severe financial despair with unpaid debts.

I have simply asked how many clubs at or around our level made a profit last year? The answer will be very few, but we were one of them - so not really fitting with the 'basketcase' statements.

You are right that there are deferred payments owed to DE, but Tiger may well cover these with additional investment. Until the time comes we do not know, which is why I reserve judgement rather than presuming the worst.

KR certainly seems to buy into the idea that funds will be available, and the likes of Hall are talking of staying next season. Do you not think they will have some assurances that we will be competitive?

Positivity is there, you just need to look for it rather than worrying about what ifs.

You are pretty good at twisting words to suit your argument. Let me give you an example.

You say we made a profit last year. We only got to that point because of player sales as a result of the original strategy as implemented by Eales and Ashton.

It’s clear that strategy lost its way as Clotet came in.

The weak link in your argument is that Eales’ sale to Tiger means that he gets the benefit of sales of our existing assets and not the club. So we say goodbye to our only hope of turning a profit this year and probably next.

So not only do we not own the stadium (a key revenue generator) but now we don’t even get the benefit of any players we sell over the summer (how we made a profit last year). I’m no accountant but a company who knows it is not going to make a profit is effectively trading insolvent. Here’s the official line:

“Trading whilst insolvent refers to when directors continue to trade their company despite the fact it has become insolvent; insolvent usually being defined as when a company can no longer make day to day payments for the continuation of trade, or if assets are outweighed by liabilities on the balance sheet.”

So, please tell me, where do you get your positivity from because I need some! How do you think we won’t go further into debt during Tiger’s tenure? Do you think his plan involves coming in with sufficient investment which is going to clear the decks?

Not entirely true, the money going to Darryl is from players he already sold. So if we sell a player in the summer we do get that income. Or we use that money to pay off Darryl, and we then get the future payment from previous players instead

There are many on here how seem pretty good at turning a positive thread into yet another un winnable debate about the same old “we have money- we don’t have money “ dullness

If only our new Owner would set out his stall and state what the plan is a la Ashton/Eeles when they took over!

Until then, rightly or wrongly, every comment, transaction & filing to Companies House will be dissesected and analyzed with a large dose of opinion & speculation.

I am positively enamoured with KR mind.

Back
Top Bottom