Robinson is a clown

I'm not quite sure that's right, KR might be above blame but some of the rest are very culpable.

The impressive thing for me is KR didn't come here to keep us up, but he's basically achieved that as you say with a demoralised group of players.
Now hopefully we will see a turn around in fortunes and pushing to get amoung the promotion hopefuls next season, I'm not sure he can turn this all around next season and hope if the signs are good that the fans show some patience and give him the time to do his job, to get into the championship will be an epic task and we will be again punching above our weight, I just hope the expectations next season are tempered and we can all enjoy the football along the way.

Absolutely spot on. Getting promotion is not as simple as signing 10 or 11 players and waiting for the season to start. I accept that the budget will be competitive because that’s what’s being said by Tiger (I don’t want to turn this thread into one of the many boring itk we’re doooomed threads. So please keep opinions informed or not off this thread).
Robinson will do an amazing job if he gets us anywhere near the play offs next season. But if that doesn’t happen Robinson must be given time to build a side. It was 4 seasons at MK Dons before they went up.

We are a basketcase, or you think we are would jump from Charlton to Oxford without having some pretty strong assurances that the club was sound?

So I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like another load of bollox to me!

Being paid lip service with assurances is one thing the other are them materialising.

Yes you are correct KR is no mug, but we will soon find out if theses assurances are forth coming as I'm sure there will be some grumblings in KR's tones in the not to distant future.

I will be holding my breath and hope it comes good....

He’s also very very blunt in interviews. I’m not sure if I like that, to be honest. Purely because he gives a very clear message about the players at a very crucial time of the season. Not sure what Canice must have thought after the pre-match interview!
Being paid lip service with assurances is one thing the other are them materialising.

Yes you are correct KR is no mug, but we will soon find out if theses assurances are forth coming as I'm sure there will be some grumblings in KR's tones in the not to distant future.

I will be holding my breath and hope it comes good....
No idea what is or isn’t going on behind the scenes. Early evidence for me is Robinson’s clear thinking ahead. The ‘free hit’ ploy proved effective, getting us a hugely important 3 points from 2 away games.

We are a basketcase, or you think we are based on rumours?

Robinson is no idiot, do you really think he would jump from Charlton to Oxford without having some pretty strong assurances that the club was sound?

So I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like another load of bollox to me!

You are right that Robinson is no idiot and he has been given the same assurances by the club as everyone else. His desperation to leave Charlton could have meant that he was willing to take a more lenient position and believe words rather than some of the early evidence (structure of the deal/HMRC debacle/players pre match hotel accommodation).
Keeping with the positivity of the thread he has done a cracking job as I mentioned in my previous post. Interestingly the manager’s dad told me that in his previous 8 years as manager at MK and Charlton he has spent less than 500k overall on new signings which shows that we’ve got a guy with an eye for potential. So maybe we won’t need the cash we think we do to be able to compete in league 1 next season.

I’m a fan of Robinson. Certainly when you consider the madcap list of candidates that the bookies had lined up for us, he was certainly the safest pair of hands and has steered us away from the decline that we were seeing during the last days of Pep and the purgatory of DF.

I have little doubt that next season will be more fun that this one (shouldn’t be too tricky - unless KR suddenly announces a certain Barcelona ‘B’ player as his first signing!) and we’ll be competitive again. We should have an exciting summer seeing a clear out of old pros. Here’s hoping we see a return to a policy of young, hungry and sellable players to keep the coffers and war chest full.

My main concern and it’s one that’s hung around for a while is whether that KR truly has that killer instinct to take us up. His teams in the past have played some great football and play it fair but often end up 5th or 6th rather than trying to bully their way into the top two. He reminds me of Paul Tisdale in that regard. Attractive teams but lacking that bit of nastiness to trouble the big boys at the top of the table.

With Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bradford, Luton and possibly Bolton -and Charlton arriving next season, can he make us into a playoff candidate or better in one season? It’ll be a hard task.

I think what is also important is KR has shown he can handle the pressure and get his teams to get the job done. These skills will be required at the end of the season when in a promotion race too. Something i always felt Pep would bottle if he got us into play offs

Sunderland look to be an absolute basket case - their budget for this season was 6th in the Championship but
with a back to back relegations, a further huge reduction in their parachute payments and
players on massive contracts it could be very tough for them.

I can’t see Chris Coleman hanging around for too much longer.

You are right that Robinson is no idiot and he has been given the same assurances by the club as everyone else. His desperation to leave Charlton could have meant that he was willing to take a more lenient position and believe words rather than some of the early evidence (structure of the deal/HMRC debacle/players pre match hotel accommodation).
Keeping with the positivity of the thread he has done a cracking job as I mentioned in my previous post. Interestingly the manager’s dad told me that in his previous 8 years as manager at MK and Charlton he has spent less than 500k overall on new signings which shows that we’ve got a guy with an eye for potential. So maybe we won’t need the cash we think we do to be able to compete in league 1 next season.

I hate this "I'm really positive but....." crap.

Robinson wanted out from Charlton but was very vocal in questioning the board. You would think that he would take more than a few soundbites from Tiger before jumping in?

As for the evidence you state, the structure of the deal has been discussed at length and appears to suit all parties, the tax issue was not an issue, and the traveling before the game is more likely because Pep gave the players Monday's off rather than major concerns about cash flow. None of this things makes us a basketcase as you stated.

But then Robinson is a top guy so nothing to worry about.

Halleluglia for this post! Robinson is 100% THE man! Total faith in him now and can't wait for next season

Hear, hear! Robinson IN!!

However, I reserve the right to delay judgement on the performance of our owner. The talk has been impressive, let's see if the walk i.e. caliber of recruitment during pre-season, matches.

Halleluglia for this post! Robinson is 100% THE man! Total faith in him now and can't wait for next season

Hear, hear! Robinson IN!!

However, I reserve the right to delay judgement on the performance of our owner. The talk has been impressive, let's see if the walk i.e. caliber of recruitment during pre-season, matches.

To be fair he’s not made a bad start either. 3 appointments . Dickie, branagan, Robinson

Time will tell of course as far as recruitment for next season (and the budget he gets to carry it out) are concerned.

But as far as this season goes and the point at which the manager ended up being appointed, KR was exactly the right person. He has used a positive outlook, plain speaking and enthusiasm to somehow turn a ragbag of individuals into an actual team. One that (unless we are incredibly unlucky) will still be a L1 team next season - and that is invaluable.

I will worry about next season when we get there, but I can't imagine (for example) he will allow performances such as those this season against Bury (twice), Wigan (first time), Cheltenham and Port Vale to pass without much more than a shrug of his shoulders, as happened this time out!

Robinson has given the team game management nous as well, it’s about time we played a bit dirty. Everyone else does it why not us.

I hate this "I'm really positive but....." crap.

Robinson wanted out from Charlton but was very vocal in questioning the board. You would think that he would take more than a few soundbites from Tiger before jumping in?

As for the evidence you state, the structure of the deal has been discussed at length and appears to suit all parties, the tax issue was not an issue, and the traveling before the game is more likely because Pep gave the players Monday's off rather than major concerns about cash flow. None of this things makes us a basketcase as you stated.

But then Robinson is a top guy so nothing to worry about.

I’m not quite sure where you get off but please don’t put words in my mouth. The fact of the matter is we agree that Robinson has done a good job to date. We don’t agree on the state of the club.

Neither of us can be absolutely sure that we are right at the present time hence we have opinions. I respect your opinion so please respect mine.

Like what he said about recruiting players who have been promoted and who know what it takes.

Hypothetical question - Where do we think we'd have ended up had we kept Pep?

I’m not quite sure where you get off but please don’t put words in my mouth. The fact of the matter is we agree that Robinson has done a good job to date. We don’t agree on the state of the club.

Neither of us can be absolutely sure that we are right at the present time hence we have opinions. I respect your opinion so please respect mine.
You have stated that Oxford are a basketcase of a club on the back of incorrect facts and things 'you've heard'. So no, I don't respect that.

Robinson's done a great job and I hope we finish it on Saturday. Saying the club's in great shape is pretty f*****g dumb. It might be. Saying the club's a basket case is no better. It might be. At least we can start to look forward to next season with a competent manager.

Like what he said about recruiting players who have been promoted and who know what it takes.

Hypothetical question - Where do we think we'd have ended up had we kept Pep?

Relegated, he had lost Eastwood, Ledson and s few others, they didn’t like the man and were going, he wouldn’t play Dickie but would play Tiendeli and Xemi.

He got lucky for a few months but the results had gone down hill, we are the only team to lose at home to Bury, so he was rightly sacked.

I don’t think we would of got 10 more points.

Back
Top Bottom