Manager/Coach Robbo out. Thread number 2

Should KR go now?

• Yes, now.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Yes, if we don't make the play-offs.

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • No, talk again at the end of next season.

Votes: 104 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 128 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah depends where you look. BetVictor have him neck and neck with Manning and Rowberry, all at 4/1.
Has Ainsworth ruled himself out? He spent seven years at QPR so expected him to be one of the favourites

Robins went back to Coventry Bazzer and they have done well
Sorry but as good as MAPP was he after success with us he then chased the dollar. He got sacked because of failure took a job made the playoff final but nothing else.
As. Ice as the fella is we can do better if we have to.

Robbo's ability to build a balanced squad is his biggest weakness, I think. It meant we were stuck as soon as we needed to deviate from the 1 player we had that can play a certain position and role (Gorrin as the ball winner, Seddon as the left back). Other than that big blindspot, I really like KR, and so I'd be loathe for him to be canned as I think solving his weakness is probably easier and quicker than getting a new guy in.

2 players for every position should be the blueprint he's told to work from. It's ridiculous that our excess stock of wingers/number 10s meant we had to wait so long to see Bodin was a class act, and yet we had nobody else to play left back or defensive midfield. It's League 1 so we all accept players aren't perfect, so if that means you get an attack minded right back in the mould of Chris Cadden to supplement Long, and a responsible defender in the mould of Joe Skarz for the left hand side to complement Seddon, then that's fine by me. A big unit up top so we're not kicking it up to Taylor to contest with a 6ft 4 centre back. It goes on. Even with the loan players gone, Sykes off and Brannagan likely to go, it shouldn't be hard to fill the team with quality given our supposed budget and ambitions.

This is it for me. You wouldn’t dream of starting a season without a sub goalkeeper. Why should DMs and LBs be any different?

I’ve got so frustrated this season that seeing one defensive element drop out and it causes either a 50% churn in defence (Long moving to LB etc) or sees a square peg going into a round hole.

You will have players who won’t play with very game and will have to hide their time but squad balance is more important than stockpiling various wingers.

• React
Reactions: ljs
Sorry but as good as MAPP was he after success with us he then chased the dollar. He got sacked because of failure took a job made the playoff final but nothing else.
As. Ice as the fella is we can do better if we have to.
Not saying MAPP necessarily Bazzer, I could have been referring to Kemp, Atkins or Horton 😀

I’d give Pep another go - criminally underrated and we’d have been playing in a different division if we’d had let him finish his first season here.
There are some things you just don’t joke about... way too soon 😔

There are some things you just don’t joke about... way too soon [emoji17]

We’re all talking about getting that extra steel in the midfield - imagine how good Xemi is now.
giphy.gif

I read that MApp is joining the coaching staff at ManUre

Then I would say you’ve got issues😁😁😁
After seeing so much entertaining football over the past few years I think some of our fans may have forgotten how bad things were.

Under Kemp and Atkins there was some dire stuff and I think our fans should be made to watch one of those games in full and then maybe get things in perspective

After seeing so much entertaining football over the past few years I think some of our fans may have forgotten how bad things were.

Under Kemp and Atkins there was some dire stuff and I think our fans should be made to watch one of those games in full and then maybe get things in perspective
What about Kinnear……remember him? Blink and he was gone bloody muppet 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom