Manager/Coach Robbo out. Thread number 2

Should KR go now?

• Yes, now.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Yes, if we don't make the play-offs.

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • No, talk again at the end of next season.

Votes: 104 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 128 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing so much entertaining football over the past few years I think some of our fans may have forgotten how bad things were.

Under Kemp and Atkins there was some dire stuff and I think our fans should be made to watch one of those games in full and then maybe get things in perspective
That is a very good point. That Doncaster match was what a lot of games used to be like!

I'd love the board to share their aims for the season. Not just "we're looking to go up and are providing the budget for it". For example: We are looking to lose £3mn over the season. Sell two players to cover it. Develop players so next year we can make £4.5mn in player sales. Sell 120k tickets for home matches across the season on top of season tickets. Establish 2 academy graduates in the squad. Be in the mix but it's OK if we don't go up. Prioritise FA and League Cup as potential TV money bonuses are worth it. Sack off Papa Johns. Etc.

There are so many things KR may be being asked to juggle that we never know about.

Brian Barry-Murphy at Rochdale used to talk about developing players for sale to PL clubs being their priority rather than winning matches. Obvs I don't want to follow that example! But at least the fans knew what they were targeting.

Does any club's fans - except maybe Accrington - get the transparency and honesty they deserve? Let us know the aims. Let us tell you what we think of them. Let us judge you and the team on how well you delivered them.

I'd love the board to share their aims for the season. Not just "we're looking to go up and are providing the budget for it". For example: We are looking to lose £3mn over the season. Sell two players to cover it. Develop players so next year we can make £4.5mn in player sales. Sell 120k tickets for home matches across the season on top of season tickets. Establish 2 academy graduates in the squad. Be in the mix but it's OK if we don't go up. Prioritise FA and League Cup as potential TV money bonuses are worth it. Sack off Papa Johns. Etc.

There are so many things KR may be being asked to juggle that we never know about.

Brian Barry-Murphy at Rochdale used to talk about developing players for sale to PL clubs being their priority rather than winning matches. Obvs I don't want to follow that example! But at least the fans knew what they were targeting.

Does any club's fans - except maybe Accrington - get the transparency and honesty they deserve? Let us know the aims. Let us tell you what we think of them. Let us judge you and the team on how well you delivered them.
Several public hostages to fortune there.

It worries me that they will again be relying on Karl Robinson for direction on so many of these things. If there is one thing we've learnt in the past four years it's that Robinson's stubbornness/lack of experience leads to wrong decisions. When it come to building a football club (not just team) we need a director of football, working with Robinson, who's been there and done it.

Last edited:
It worries me that they will again be relying on Karl Robinson for direction on so many of these things. If there is one thing we've learnt in the past four years it's that Robinson's stubbornness/lack of experience leads to wrong decisions. When it come to building a football club (not just team) we need a director of football, working with Robinson, who's been there and done it.

Robinson's lack of experience?

Plenty of criticism can be levelled at him but that isn't one. I'd also suggest considering how many of his signings have gone on to make good money or have been key for us, I can cope with "relying" on KR for direction.

He does have to improve on the balance of the squad undoubtedly, but lets not go over the top. Hopefully with Hanson going that enables that squad space to encourage this.

Also, if he can incorporate Golding and Goodrham into the squad that would allow that to happen. Whether they are ready for that I don't know, although Golding looked promising and Goodrham has looked good on loan only from highlights mind.

Last edited:
I agree and have said before that I believe an experienced Director of Football is needed to take some of the work load off of Robinson and be responsible for an overall structure and strategy, leaving Karl to concentrate on on the field matters and winning football matches.

Whether Robinson has the personality to relinquish that control is another matter.

What a difference a couple of months makes!
Really? The end of last season and the whole of the close season raised serious doubts, but (speaking personally) I thought maybe I was missing something, some grand plan. Now it has become apparent that it was all as muddled and chaotic as it looked as evidenced by the on-field performances, formation and personnel. That's a lot longer than two months.

there seems to be 2 Robbo Out threads now ..... BTW he, Robbo, was indeed 'out ' yesterday evening, spotted at The VA Old Marston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom