Manager/Coach Robbo out. Thread number 2

Should KR go now?

• Yes, now.

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Yes, if we don't make the play-offs.

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • No, talk again at the end of next season.

Votes: 104 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 128 49.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, he deserves next season.

This summer is defining for him with the interest in Brannagan, Moore & McNally.

Baldock, Henry & Sykes out of contract.

Big rebuild.

What total nonsense. KR is 90% of the way to being the complete manager. With a little assistance from a decent director of football or more experienced assistant he could be the best manager we've had in three decades. He needs to be challenged by his staff more, undoubtedly, but as a manager we won't find many more dedicated or able.

He got his recruitment wrong at the back this season. But he has overachieved with what he's had in his four years here. I still back him to be here a long time and to take us to the next level.

I'm not the biggest fan of him, however, as disappointing as this season is finishing, he still deserves another year. But he has to look at his mistakes and finally address the weaknesses in this team that we have seen for the last 1 1/2 seasons. And stop buying injury prone players.

What total nonsense. KR is 90% of the way to being the complete manager. With a little assistance from a decent director of football or more experienced assistant he could be the best manager we've had in three decades. He needs to be challenged by his staff more, undoubtedly, but as a manager we won't find many more dedicated or able.

He got his recruitment wrong at the back this season. But he has overachieved with what he's had in his four years here. I still back him to be here a long time and to take us to the next level.
Woah, steady on there! I like him but I want to see real solidity and to comfortably beat Wycombe and some northern cloggers on a Tuesday night.

It is a good point about being challenged by his staff , I’d love to know what they talk about.

Wrong. Hes a clown tactically and his January window was an absolute abomination. He HAS to go.

I’m as frustrated, as I’m sure every U’s fan was today, but seriously, Robbo out? This is the best team and most entertaining we’ve had since moving to the Kassam.

Some of you need to be careful what you wish for. I can still remember Wright, Rix, Talbot and a host of other managers, who
got us nowhere near the level we are now, in terms of league position and style.

Things are looking up for the club. We have been getting fantastic crowds, we play good entertaining football and look to have the blueprint to a bright future.

Heading into our good Friday match always reminds me of a certain league game against Hayes and Yeading, in the not so distant past.

Perspective!!

See how he starts next season...you know how we say "it's a results business"? Well next season, with the consortium taking a close eye on things, it really, really is for KR.

I'm not saying I agree with it...but lets call it how it is.

I know let's give kip and his zinger the job or better still let's just boot him of the forum for starting a bullshit thread.....
KR has his fault's if he didn't he wouldn't be managing in league one but this season isn't mathematically over yet the last two seasons we finished in the play offs yes he gets his transfer business more wrong than right and yes he builds unbalanced squads but at least it's entertaining....
Now kip jog on

I'm sure the concensus was give him one more year at the end of last session.

Anyway I've already nailed my colours to the mast (and been shot down for being) a (bloody good) entertainment over promotion kind of a guy. As I said, if I were twenty years younger, hadn't already 'been there, done that' in the 80s, and seen how bad it can get in the Conference, if might think differently.

May i just add that for all this rather be winning 1-0 etc etc, there will still be times opponents score an Early/late goal to either win or draw it's not as those at 1-0 you can sit back and relax thinking ah great that's 3pts we've got then.

Different managers have varying styles and ways to win a football match and performance, results are pretty much the same.

Nothing is guaranteed in football, i can still hear "top of the League and you fuc*ed it up" from Hull fans at their place and whilst there were other reasons relevant at that time that contributed to our slide, we had a pretty solid defence then but overall results did not bring success in the end.

I've already said this season that managing expectations start with "You" and most were stating Play Offs at the start of the season but that still does not guarantee promotion and i do feel that this is often forgotten or ignored by some fans.

If we don't make them, we have been thoroughly entertained through the season and for all those rather win 1-0 thoughts just remember those 3-2 could just as easily be 1-1 or 0-1.

if you want to change the manager that's your entitled opinion but it might not bring those 1-0's that seem to have suddenly come to the fore of the thought process.

I'd hope we aren't run by a group of gangsters who hold metaphorical guns to heads..promotion or else.
However there may come a time when we are either treading water lower mid table or fighting relegation in lg 1 or Championship when sentiment does not do it. Or KR feels himself he wants to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom