Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about this too. Keep treading water until the stadium problem is resolved, with a timescale in place. Then push the team on when there's a better chance of the investment delivering a decent reward.
This. When the stadium gets the green light that's when there will be 'serious' investment in the playing squad.

A lot of people thought that was Arsene Wenger's brief while their new stadium was built.

Does seem when Karl is under pressure he brings out of his top hat a nice furry rabbit to cheer us all up. This time it’s we’re looking to sign McGuane......
Which I wouldn't personally be turning cartwheels over. Yes, a good player but yet another prospective signing on high wages with a dodgy knee.
Do we never learn?

Memory of goldfish here... The 19-20 season ends normally and OUFC goes up on autos (hard to argue against this bit, we’d been on blistering record form), and most would be calling Karl the second coming of Fergie. The deck’s been stacked against him this season and frankly half the team has played like they are owed something. Need to see a full normal season again before making any calls.

He cares, and that means more than winning.
This is one of the things that absolutely baffles me about his supporters. Karl Robinson could not give any more of a toss about our club than anyone that came before him and anyone that will follow on from him. He isn't stupid, I've said it time and time again, he does this to further his own interests and that is it. He knows supporters are emotional about their club and by presenting himself as a club custodian will undoubtedly earn himself some leeway when his managerial abilities are questioned. The funny thing is, it absolutely works.

He should be judged on what he delivers on the pitch, nothing else.

Memory of goldfish here... The 19-20 season ends normally and OUFC goes up on autos (hard to argue against this bit, we’d been on blistering record form), and most would be calling Karl the second coming of Fergie. The deck’s been stacked against him this season and frankly half the team has played like they are owed something. Need to see a full normal season again before making any calls.

5 games before the pandemic ended the season we were 12th in the league, we won 5 in a row including the last minute Ruffles winner at Shrewsbury then the season ended, we weren't nailed on to finish in the autos let alone the play offs.

Fancy paying his contract off then? He’s going nowhere.
I agree, Tiger is unlikely to get rid, if the takeover happens and the new owners want to take us on a journey, I wouldn't be so sure.

This is one of the things that absolutely baffles me about his supporters. Karl Robinson could not give any more of a toss about our club than anyone that came before him and anyone that will follow him. He isn't stupid, I've said it time and time again, he does this to further his own interests and that is it. He knows supporters are emotional about their club and by presenting himself as a club custodian will undoubtedly earn himself some leeway when his managerial abilities are questioned. The funny thing is, it absolutely works.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that. He wears his heart absolutely on his sleeve, in good and in bad times. He at least LOOKS like he cares about the club. Of course, he may then get in his car and think "bunch of f*cking w*nkers here", more power to his powers of deception if so.

I do agree that results have to be a part of it as well though, otherwise we'd be in the Vanarama managed by Patto and his "honest bunch o lads".

This is one of the things that absolutely baffles me about his supporters. Karl Robinson could not give any more of a toss about our club than anyone that came before him and anyone that will follow on from him. He isn't stupid, I've said it time and time again, he does this to further his own interests and that is it. He knows supporters are emotional about their club and by presenting himself as a club custodian will undoubtedly earn himself some leeway when his managerial abilities are questioned. The funny thing is, it absolutely works.

Hugely unfair. Whatever you think of Robinson as a manager, he has attended more youth games and more women's games than any other manager we've had. I also know of dozens of examples where he has called fans after hearing of losses in their families and has openly spoken about the loss of prominent fans. He has his tactical limitations, and often speaks in the heat of the moment after games, but I do think he cares about the club and wants the best for us.

It's interesting about the budget let's be honest 7 out of the top eight in he table would definitely got a bigger budget than us. Karl definitely made mistakes we ith squad this year but the same could be said about Lambard at Chelsea. We have definitely got a great spine of a team. But Winnall has got to go , Sykes and Hanson. I've been saying for a while we need a stronger midfield I can't see us finishing much higher than where we are. But we are in a good place going forward.

Really? It's pretty easy to argue against seeing as Karl goes through good runs of form followed by awful runs of form more than any other manager. He did well to get us into that position (although there was some fortune with scoring a 90th minute winner in our last game which was the difference between play-offs and just missing out), but any achievement up until that point was completely evaporated with that pathetic defeat to Wycombe. And it's not like he's learnt from that game either, as there have been plenty of times against weaker opposition where we've played that kind of football this season.

Hugely unfair. Whatever you think of Robinson as a manager, he has attended more youth games and more women's games than any other manager we've had. I also know of dozens of examples where he has called fans after hearing of losses in their families and has openly spoken about the loss of prominent fans. He has his tactical limitations, and often speaks in the heat of the moment after games, but I do think he cares about the club and wants the best for us.
I never said he doesn't care for the club, but I don't buy that he cares anymore than anyone else would as a first team manager.

Do you think because he attends youth games, he should be given more time than say another manager who wouldn't/doesn't?

Lovely.

He's employed to manage a football team and that's it. No media savvy manager wouldn't act the same.

I never said he doesn't care for the club, but I don't buy that he cares anymore than anyone else would as a first team manager.

Do you think because he attends youth games, he should be given more time than say another manager who wouldn't/doesn't?

You said that he doesn't care more or less than any other manager, which is, I think, completely untrue. He followed Pep who famously put his finger to his lips to silence the crowd before then getting beat by a team who hadn't scored in about 8 games!! MApp was a great manager, but was very quiet both on the training pitch and away from 1st team duties. Wilder had the "history means nothing" moment. And what preceeded him is best left forgotten. So Robinson cares far more than anyone in the last couple of decades.

You said that he also only gets involved to further his own personal interest. But if that was the case he would talk openly about the phone calls and visits he makes to fans before, but even more do during the pandemic. He has a media team at the club that could feature him at other games, but rarely does and looks to keep the attention on others. I'm not sure that he tries to gain anything by his actions but simply loves being around every part of a football club.

Now, does that mean that we should just ignore bad results? Of course not. But I don't want our club to be one that gets rid of a manager when things get tough. We're building the club for the future and Robindon has been front and centre of that through some exceptionally difficult times. That's why I think he deserves more time.

Why? Why won't he just bump along with his skillfull dissembling and inept football management until a kindly boss sends him off to Tranmere.
I’m just trying to give the people who are crying with rage something to cling to, while they scream about how much it’s me who is crying.

Ignore the snot and the pools of vomit.

I’m just trying to give the people who are crying with rage something to cling to, while they scream about how much it’s me who is crying.

Ignore the snot and the pools of vomit.
If we do well next season it will be because he has done well not because of luck, the same as if we are in the lower third of the table will be because he has done poorly .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom