Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do laugh at this "if only" we beat a or b....We lost at home to Swindon but don't forget last minute goals that earnt us a pt at Mkd and 3 at Rochdale so 4 pts from those 3 games

So had we beat Swindon lost at MKD and drew with Rochdale it's still 4 pts

You can't be selective about results, you need look at overall.
People are rightly critical of points we have dropped as its what could potentially cost us a play off spot. Im still in the thinking of if we don't get play offs KR has massively failed this season and we should be looking elsewhere.

People are rightly critical of points we have dropped as its what could potentially cost us a play off spot. Im still in the thinking of if we don't get play offs KR has massively failed this season and we should be looking elsewhere.
How do you come to that conclusion. Are we really a club that demands top 6 ( with a top 10 budget ) only look as far as a league position and nothing else matters ?
Sack another manager , great build nothing , develop nothing its top 6 or sack .
A depressing thought to sack Manager after Manager that I'd reserved for Premier league fans .

How do you come to that conclusion. Are we really a club that demands top 6 ( with a top 10 budget ) only look as far as a league position and nothing else matters ?
Sack another manager , great build nothing , develop nothing its top 6 or sack .
A depressing thought to sack Manager after Manager that I'd reserved for Premier league fans .
I think KR has done an okay job but i think we are entitled to ask some serious questions and look at some of the decisons he makes like constantly dropping Ageyi, playing Clare at RB for so long, playing Kelly holding, signing Grasyson who doesnt look good enough. Its not a 'Premier league' thought to move with the times if we have a top end budget the football needs to match and we have looked pretty poor in games.

I think KR has done an okay job but i think we are entitled to ask some serious questions and look at some of the decisons he makes like constantly dropping Ageyi, playing Clare at RB for so long, playing Kelly holding, signing Grasyson who doesnt look good enough. Its not a 'Premier league' thought to move with the times if we have a top end budget the football needs to match and we have looked pretty poor in games.

Clare was signed as a right back and then we had significant injury problems in the defence with Mous, Atkinson and Ruffels out, hence Long playing centre half and left back rather than right back.

Careful what you with for. There is always another Clotet, Asprey, Rix waiting to ‘give something back to the game’.

Clare was signed as a right back and then we had significant injury problems in the defence with Mous, Atkinson and Ruffels out, hence Long playing centre half and left back rather than right back.

Gorrin was missing as well for about a month. We will never know but if the rest of the squad had been available he
might have been given a bit more protection while he settled in and could have turned out ok.

I would imagine every club in League 1 has looked pretty poor in some games this season, that is how things are at this level especially the amount of games this year so close together.
Yes some of the recruitment hasn't been great but to actually sack Robinson at this point would be extremely harsh and would worry me over where the club might be heading .
I think a summer recruitment and to then start off next season solidly would be fair .
Ageyi should be played as a cf but isn't the 2nd coming although offers a different dynamic .
Kelly has some very good pedigree but has been disappointing while Grayson has hardly been in the side and I doubt will be here after the summer.

Gorrin was missing as well for about a month. We will never know but if the rest of the squad had been available he
might have been given a bit more protection while he settled in and could have turned out ok.
Gorrin has been missing all season been very poor.

Yes some of the recruitment hasn't been great but to actually sack Robinson at this point would be extremely harsh and would worry me over where the club might be heading .

I think that KR gets a raw deal over this. It seems to me that KR does not have full autonomy over signings hence his comments over up-coming signings in the press. It seems to be recruitment process by committee.

I think a summer recruitment and to then start off next season solidly would be fair .
I agree with that.
I'd like to see 'the recruitment team' (?) given a few guidelines by the powers that be. Even if the squad limits have now gone (and I am still not 100% sure they have, it seems very vague) the club hasn't got unlimited money. Signing players to play in the positions they play in and not signing good-in-the-past players who have spent most of the previous season injured (no matter how good they *might* be *if* they got fit) would be a start.
I would also like to see the pre-season schedule re-thought, with the 'five games in six days' nonsense scrapped - it hasn't done the team any good at all in the last few seasons - and I'd say it seems to have done precisely the opposite.
Also for recruitment, I would like to see us move on from players who don't want to put pen to paper a bit quicker. At the moment there are plenty of fish in the sea - I'd rather have a fit and as complete as possible squad available for the first league game, and they will have preferably played the majority of the pre-season games together. I think the 'team' is always more important than one 'star' player and that's what we should be looking to build.
After all that we *should* be able to make a decent(er) start to the season. If not, then I'd hope the owners started quietly looking around to see who is available.
Bit early for this though I suppose, with nine games of *this* season still to play! :)

Absolute tosh.
Apart from the last few games where he has looked tired and running low on fuel, he has held the side together and, most particularly, protected the back four in their hour of need.
“Missing all season”?! What games have you been watching?
Nothing to do with him being 'tired' he's been scared to get booked and suspended so games have just passed him by. Cant remember his last good game, enlighten me?

I think that KR gets a raw deal over this. It seems to me that KR does not have full autonomy over signings hence his comments over up-coming signings in the press. It seems to be recruitment process by committee.
I think he, & Tiger, said exactly that ( at different times) previously ...KR and Tiger being two of said recruitment committee, cant recall who the other(s) are atm though

What I need to see in the next window is some experience signed. I'm not talking Winnall/Mackie experience, but more players that have a good record in League 1 who still have a lot to give in the Forde/Ruffs/Long mould who you can rely on for 7/10 minimum performances 90% of the time. With Henry and Taylor heading slowly towards career twilight and Mous unlikely to take the field again, our squad is looking quite young and inexperienced, with a lot of inconsistent performers, especially with the risk of CamBran, Moore and Atkinson moving on if we don't go up this year too. Youthful up and comers are good but you don't get L1 promotion/avoid Champ relegation with just up and comers; we need a few more mid-late 20s players who've done it before and who haven't got an injury history bigger than game history.

What I need to see in the next window is some experience signed. I'm not talking Winnall/Mackie experience, but more players that have a good record in League 1 who still have a lot to give in the Forde/Ruffs/Long mould who you can rely on for 7/10 minimum performances 90% of the time. With Henry and Taylor heading slowly towards career twilight and Mous unlikely to take the field again, our squad is looking quite young and inexperienced, with a lot of inconsistent performers, especially with the risk of CamBran, Moore and Atkinson moving on if we don't go up this year too. Youthful up and comers are good but you don't get L1 promotion/avoid Champ relegation with just up and comers; we need a few more mid-late 20s players who've done it before and who haven't got an injury history bigger than game history.
Nah! All we need are a couple more wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom