Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I got it wrong with not realising under 21s can sneak in the squad at any time. But I am right that the squad has a max of 22 players and can't be changed until January. This is why Delboy can't play.

I apologise.
A maximum of 22, over aged players.

Phil Parkinson is available. But unless Robinson is poached by Sunderland can’t see that happening

I have had enough. This team is absolutely s**t. Fear we will be relegated if he is not replaced soon.
I’m just as frustrated when you have fans who says things like; I don’t think it would have been good if we got promoted as we weren’t strong enough so at least we can build in the summer and come back stronger!! Or it’s probably good that we got relegated as we can be stronger in a lower division etc!!

January is a big transfer for Robinson and he has to get it right.

It would be hard to do but I’d move Eastwood, Henry and Agyie on. Send Shodipo back to QPR and bring in some fresh blood. We have to have an eye on next season’s aims in January rather than bringing in some short term fixes to try and get us some success this season.

Sacking Robinson now would be a stupid idea. People make mistakes and he is no different but I honestly believe that he is the right man for the job to bring success to this club. After all, he got us our highest finished in 21 years last season and we were all agreed, without Covid then we would of probably gone up automatically. He has earnt himself a bit of a blip IMO.

I am not in favour of changing the manager, every season the club is taking a calculated risk with the type of players we bring in. And this policy means a rebuild most seasons, we do I believe think this is the best chance of getting promotion. The 2 main risks of this is knowing some of the new players are young or not fit yet.
Like other recent seasons if we lose a few of our players to injury we drastically struggle. Look at the stats when most of our players are fit in recent seasons we win more than we lose.
Surely branigan being injured is a massive loss. I like Robinson's style of play.

It would be hard to do but I’d move Eastwood, Henry and Agyie on. Send Shodipo back to QPR and bring in some fresh blood. We have to have an eye on next season’s aims in January rather than bringing in some short term fixes to try and get us some success this season.

I agree we need to swap out a few players in January, but not sure I agree with your list.

Although he had a bad 20 minutes yesterday, there have been two quite recent games where Agyei has been amongst our best players. Once when playing centre forward and the other when playing wide left. His worst position is the one where Robinson plays him most often, like yesterday.

I think we also need a bit of short termism to avoid relegation, so would keep Henry this season and hope his form returns.

Eastwood I agree needs to move on, and also in sending Shodipo back who has been appaling in his last few appearances.

I'd also try to get shot of Hall and Hanson, one of whom seems past it, and the other has never been decent and is always injured.

The other player I'd have no qualms in seeing go is Sykes, as unfortunately, I think he is weak on the ball and never has a game where he seems to make a decent impact. Nowhere near enough assists or goals.

Sacking Robinson now would be a stupid idea. People make mistakes and he is no different but I honestly believe that he is the right man for the job to bring success to this club. After all, he got us our highest finished in 21 years last season and we were all agreed, without Covid then we would of probably gone up automatically. He has earnt himself a bit of a blip IMO.
The form of Eastwood certainly is worrying I wonder if there is a reason? Not sure I'd agree about Henry, when he plays well Oxford as a whole play well.

The form of Eastwood certainly is worrying I wonder if there is a reason? Not sure I'd agree about Henry, when he plays well Oxford as a whole play well.
Oxford as a team played well in the first half against Swindon, but Henry as an individual didn’t play well.

So we don`t have an instant replacement lined up?

Whoever we got (if it happens)..... they would need to A: Improve our current worries. B: Build their "own" squad. C: Do it on next to no money. D: Survive the wrath of "us".

Maybe what we have isn`t so bad.................

I agree we need to swap out a few players in January, but not sure I agree with your list.

Although he had a bad 20 minutes yesterday, there have been two quite recent games where Agyei has been amongst our best players. Once when playing centre forward and the other when playing wide left. His worst position is the one where Robinson plays him most often, like yesterday.

I think we also need a bit of short termism to avoid relegation, so would keep Henry this season and hope his form returns.

Eastwood I agree needs to move on, and also in sending Shodipo back who has been appaling in his last few appearances.

I'd also try to get shot of Hall and Hanson, one of whom seems past it, and the other has never been decent and is always injured.

The other player I'd have no qualms in seeing go is Sykes, as unfortunately, I think he is weak on the ball and never has a game where he seems to make a decent impact. Nowhere near enough assists or goals.
The problem with Agyei is that yes his best place is up top but when/if Winnall gets fit then there is no place for him up top.

I agree with Sykes, I’ve always thought he thinks he is better than he actually is and needs to work on the basics of football before he tries to be too clever on the ball. I think there is certainly potential there but it’s how long until we cut our losses if he isn’t full filling that potential.

So we don`t have an instant replacement lined up?

Whoever we got (if it happens)..... they would need to A: Improve our current worries. B: Build their "own" squad. C: Do it on next to no money. D: Survive the wrath of "us".

Maybe what we have isn`t so bad.................
Exactly this. If you bring in someone like the Colwey brothers then it is a complete club rebuild.

If Robinson does move on eventually then hopefully Mous is ready to step into the role considering they are already ‘training him up’. That is also something I’d have no issue with.

Paul Cook would be a massive upgrade on Karl Robinson if things carry on this way.

Lee Johnson. Another good manager out of work.

Cowley brothers.

3 good options there if things go badly the next few games.

Plus Sunderland may, please god, take an interest in Teflon as their next manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom