Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A centre back instead of Rob Hall in the squad at the beginning of the season and our season would have panned out completely differently IMO
That's a pretty fair comment. Rob Hall did have a good pre-season and was frequently mentioned as someone who was looking in good shape. However, it was clear that Mous was done before the transfer window closed and Hall would have been the most expendable of the squad.

Sack this clown urgently. He talks utter twaddle, and will always divert blame elsewhere. He says he cares for this club… Karl I don’t care about that, your ability to P**s money up against the wall, and build such a in balanced squad is costing you your job. It’s a results business, and we’ve played most of the crap already in this division, and we don’t look convincing in any of those games.

You come out with your normal clap trap, and many supporters are seeing you for what you are now. The club wanted 5000 season ticket holders, and were told we are going for it this season, so fans bought in to it, and you’ve single handily extinguished any fans hopes. Your transfer window was another s**t show, also your 9th window.

Please whoever’s duty it is to pull the trigger, please act now.

Robinson spoke yesterday about how he enjoyed listening to Anderson say he wants to put roots down in the city and raise his kids here. He said something about it all adding to his long term project at the club. He spoke with the confidence of someone who knows he still has a long term future at the club.

And, to be honest, who else at the club with any real power bothers to say anything to the fan base about their ambitions anyway?

This thread is pointless.

Even if he goes? Who ever comes in has to work with the squad of players that at moment are going backwards in everything. At moment it's looking at staying up this season and then contending with replacing Brannigan.
I've always liked posh tart at Wycombe like him or not can organise a defence but could he have a attacking flare to game??.
Unless your fortunate this would be over next 2 seasons to get his players and to his style of playing.
Can't think of many managers out of work that can come in so it's a cost of sacking KR with compensation of poaching one of which I'm not sure this board will do?
Its like the takeover of tiger last season? Never happened and nothing coming to say why either.
Gosh so many things wrong at moment with this club that's coming to a head.
Never properly replaced players of last 2 years empty promises to Brannigan and ourselves something going on behind the scenes that's ruining this club and unless this changes we will fall into league 2....

As much as I believe it is time for a change, upon reflection, I just can’t see Robinson going.

Who does he answer to at the club? Who would be the one to question the (latest) poor start to the season?

Whilst Robinson is responsible for building this squad of the walking dead, arguably the bigger issues are at Boardroom level and the lack of accountability for all things OUFC - results, commercial, revenue, stadium etc. Until we have a clear leadership model, I just can’t see Robinson getting the bullet.

I always thought that, as far as the board are concerned, promotion this season was always a nice to have (and maybe not that nice if it just means more unsecured debt in the short term).

Surely nobody thinks promotion is a necessity....do they?

If (as we are being told) the ultimate long term sustainability of Oxford Utd as a "top 30 club" hinges on the new stadium, then why would the board overstretch/overcommit until they knew that was a reality?

As much as I believe it is time for a change, upon reflection, I just can’t see Robinson going.

Who does he answer to at the club? Who would be the one to question the (latest) poor start to the season?

Whilst Robinson is responsible for building this squad of the walking dead, arguably the bigger issues are at Boardroom level and the lack of accountability for all things OUFC - results, commercial, revenue, stadium etc. Until we have a clear leadership model, I just can’t see Robinson getting the bullet.
I fear the end is nigh with Robinson, Short, Mous and Brown. We continue to concede the same goals and we continue to receive the same bile/‘poor us’ crap post match. To me, it feels so similar to when Wilder was on his way out and when Atkins left. It’s become stale and the apathy amongst supporters is growing.

I fully expect a sub 7,500 crowd on Saturday and a cesspit of an atmosphere if we get beat.

Robinson has done an admirable job throughout his tenure but now, could well be the time for a fresh set of eyes and a clear message from a new manager.
A little difficult to reconcile these two posts. No disrespect old boy, but could you make your mind up, please?

From my perspective, and a little out of the box thinking, I expect the next two games (MK and Fleetwood) will be the watershed moment for KR. Lose either, or both, and he'll be gone. I posted elsewhere, watch the directors box for these next two games.

I always thought that, as far as the board are concerned, promotion this season was always a nice to have (and maybe not that nice if it just means more unsecured debt in the short term).

Surely nobody thinks promotion is a necessity....do they?

If (as we are being told) the ultimate long term sustainability of Oxford Utd as a "top 30 club" hinges on the new stadium, then why would the board overstretch/overcommit until they knew that was a reality?
Hate to say your sheikness but if Oxford utd are to become a too 30 club hinging on a new stadium then that could be a very long time especially if we are looking to move into a new stadium by 2026, there is no way we will be a top 30 club in 3 years if ever at all.
We need the board to come out an say exactly what they want.
Promotion within two years is what Bakri said in his televised interview this is the 2nd year.
Even you can’t say this transfer window has been good tbh I don’t even think it’s been mediocre.
There a lot on here now who were pro KR but not many left.
This has been a shambles and hopefully the board will ask questions if he KR can handle a too 6 or is it top 4 budget with what we’ve got in this window.

A little difficult to reconcile these two posts. No disrespect old boy, but could you make your mind up, please?

From my perspective, and a little out of the box thinking, I expect the next two games (MK and Fleetwood) will be the watershed moment for KR. Lose either, or both, and he'll be gone. I posted elsewhere, watch the directors box for these next two games.

I feel the end is nigh (to our season and the upward trajectory under KR) - the performances will continue to be indifferent because the coaching staff are the ‘same old’ and the message is the same old ‘poor us, looks at the injuries’.

If it were me, I would want fresh eyes and a new voice and i would be making that change now.

Unfortunately, I just can’t see a change as per the boardroom comments that I’ve mentioned.

Mind made up enough for you?

Aswell as building us a new stadium the board need to build the club on and off the field. Currently we've declined both on and off the field from last season, I'm not a buisness man but even I know to capitalise the move to an 18k stadium we need to be progressing and growing as a club right up to the move. We aren't going to with Karl in charge and we aren't going to playing the boring football we've witnessed so far this season..a major overhaul is needed now not when the stadium is built !

I feel the end is nigh (to our season and the upward trajectory under KR) - the performances will continue to be indifferent because the coaching staff are the ‘same old’ and the message is the same old ‘poor us, looks at the injuries’.

If it were me, I would want fresh eyes and a new voice and i would be making that change now.

Unfortunately, I just can’t see a change as per the boardroom comments that I’ve mentioned.

Mind made up enough for you?
The boardroom is the key factor. I have a notion that things may well happen to change the low visibility of the directors.

Aswell as building us a new stadium the board need to build the club on and off the field. Currently we've declined both on and off the field from last season, I'm not a buisness man but even I know to capitalise the move to an 18k stadium we need to be progressing and growing as a club right up to the move. We aren't going to with Karl in charge and we aren't going to playing the boring football we've witnessed so far this season..a major overhaul is needed now not when the stadium is built !
Despite the disappointing end we played brilliant football for much of last season and attracted several 10K crowds. It only needed a few tweaks to continue and develop from there but as you say we’ve lost momentum both on and off the pitch.

Interestingly, according to a Plymouth supporter I know he claims they did exactly the opposite deciding to invest in rebuild their old stand ahead of investment in the team. He says there was a lot of disgruntlement at the time but there was a financial logic in only investigating in the team once you had a stadium to hold the increased number of fans you hoped to attract. Time will tell if they've got this right. I'm not saying this is what we are trying to do but it shows the cart doesn't have to come before the horse. Or the other way around 🤔.

Interestingly, according to a Plymouth supporter I know he claims they did exactly the opposite deciding to invest in rebuild their old stand ahead of investment in the team. He says there was a lot of disgruntlement at the time but there was a financial logic in only investigating in the team once you had a stadium to hold the increased number of fans you hoped to attract. Time will tell if they've got this right. I'm not saying this is what we are trying to do but it shows the cart doesn't have to come before the horse. Or the other way around 🤔.
Surely you do both?

Depends on our board by the time the new stadium is built we could either be L1 or championship or the other way round L1 or god forbid L2 🤔

"They" have got more than enough funding to achieve both. The targets, ambitions of the owners have been made clear and it has suited KR to further his claims of building a "top 30" club and promoting Oxford the city along with those aspirations.

"They" have got more than enough funding to achieve both. The targets, ambitions of the owners have been made clear and it has suited KR to further his claims of building a "top 30" club and promoting Oxford the city along with those aspirations.
Have just watched a short interview on Twitter with KR and the comments from the twitrerites and they aren’t positive either.
Still believe there a couple of positives on here but after last night and the games we’ve played so far he has to be treading eggshells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom